Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady suspended four games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks (Mega Merge)

BlueShoe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stayed out of it up till now, but this statement is just absolutely...filled with an ego that defies logic.

You're saying that any of those players (who are VERY highly respected and i dare say almost revered) would rather trade their historic careers for someone accused of cheating???

Riiiiiiiggggghhhhht.....  :scorebad:

No kidding.  I'm about as big as sore loser as you might meet.  Once I lost in a game of go fish online to my wife (gf at the time while we lived at long distance for a short time).  She won fair and square on some lucky bleep crap, and I logged off and didn't answer he calls for an hour.  But even then, I would rather win or lose fairly than win by cheating.

She still gives me crap about that, especially when I act like a sore loser.  

You will hear about this for ever thats good enough its in the books written in NFL stone thanks to a cheater & liar . :D :D

This is the part that cracks me up. Do you think Pats fans care about the national perception? Since 2007 the Pats have been labeled cheaters and an org that likes to push limits yet Colts fans pretty much use the Pats as their standard for what a championship should look like. Honestly Adonis, your Colts section and NFL section has more threads and pages on the Pats than most Pats forums. The obsession borders on the insane level but I digress.

I think for most of us, we understand much of the dislike of the Pats and the rush to label them cheaters while other orgs get a pass for much more egregious violations than camera location and ball air pressure is because the team consistently wins and Belichick may be one of the most unlikeable public figures to ever appear in front of a camera. That being said, as I have said before, winning that 4th title pretty much sealed the deal for this org in terms of its legacy with its "tarnishes" and all. Thanks in large part to Pete Carroll's brain fart and Butler's amazing play, the Pats are the team that everyone is racing to catch on a historical level. That is very satisfying for us fans despite this ball inflation surfacing again as the league pretends it really cares about the integrity of the game.

Should be a great summer of litigation coming right at us as the Pats and Brady have nothing to lose. They are the defending champs and with a little extra motivation to make 2015 as special as 2014 .... but really they don't need to. And that is the best part of all. Complete closure with that win on Feb. 1.

No kidding.  I'm about as big as sore loser as you might meet.  Once I lost in a game of go fish online to my wife (gf at the time while we lived at long distance for a short time).  She won fair and square on some lucky bleep crap, and I logged off and didn't answer he calls for an hour.  But even then, I would rather win or lose fairly than win by cheating.

She still gives me crap about that, especially when I act like a sore loser.  

How do you get lucky in Go Fish?

This is the part that cracks me up. Do you think Pats fans care about the national perception? Since 2007 the Pats have been labeled cheaters and an org that likes to push limits yet Colts fans pretty much use the Pats as their standard for what a championship should look like. Honestly Adonis, your Colts section and NFL section has more threads and pages on the Pats than most Pats forums. The obsession borders on the insane level but I digress.

I think for most of us, we understand much of the dislike of the Pats and the rush to label them cheaters while other orgs get a pass for much more egregious violations than camera location and ball air pressure is because the team consistently wins and Belichick may be one of the most unlikeable public figures to ever appear in front of a camera. That being said, as I have said before, winning that 4th title pretty much sealed the deal for this org in terms of its legacy with its "tarnishes" and all. Thanks in large part to Pete Carroll's brain fart and Butler's amazing play, the Pats are the team that everyone is racing to catch on a historical level. That is very satisfying for us fans despite this ball inflation surfacing again as the league pretends it really cares about the integrity of the game.

Should be a great summer of litigation coming right at us as the Pats and Brady have nothing to lose. They are the defending champs and with a little extra motivation to make 2015 as special as 2014 .... but really they don't need to. And that is the best part of all. Complete closure with that win on Feb. 1.

Cheated their way to another title. Closure indeed. Just as classy as ever

How do you get lucky in Go Fish?

Tthe way the game finished, she had to go fish, got the one card in the pile she needed (out of like 6 or 7 remaining).  Once she got that, she had no cards left and had to take 2 out of the pile.  Well, the thing was, all the cards in the pile were cards in my hand.  So she kept "guessing" and getting all the cards in my hand, drew 2, "guessed" until there were no cards left and she ended up winning by one pair 24-22.

Yep that is the narrative and it still does not change a thing. 4 titles in cap/FA era. Best ever. All challengers welcomed ...

So, what you're saying is that it does not matter HOW you win, it's just a matter of winning?

Integrity or playing fair does not matter?

Tthe way the game finished, she had to go fish, got the one card in the pile she needed (out of like 6 or 7 remaining).  Once she got that, she had no cards left and had to take 2 out of the pile.  Well, the thing was, all the cards in the pile were cards in my hand.  So she kept "guessing" and getting all the cards in my hand, drew 2, "guessed" until there were no cards left and she ended up winning by one pair 24-22.

Yeah, that's worse when it's a computer game. I'd feel cheated, too...

Pats are very tight with King. We will see how far it goes. But Kraft has nothing to lose here. He was punished heavily again for the second time and this time with a flawed report. He has really left Kraft no choice.

No choice?  How about . . wait for it . . . STOP * CHEATING!

So if noone at the league office took the Colts complaint seriously....makes me wonder if theyve been sort of covering for the Pats all these years......if it was "common knowledge" that they liked a lower psi ball thwn im sure other teams have had ro complain and bring it to the leagues attention. Something doesnt pass the smell test.

So, what you're saying is that it does not matter HOW you win, it's just a matter of winning?

Integrity or playing fair does not matter?

Yeah, that's what she's been saying...

If only Brady could be as honest about cheating....

Yep that is the narrative and it still does not change a thing. 4 titles in cap/FA era. Best ever. All challengers welcomed ...

Barry Bonds is the home run champ. Nobody recognizes him as sucB.C. Cheating is cheating

Reporter: Is Tom Brady a cheater?

Tom Brady: I don't believe so.

Who says that if you are absolutely not involved?

This is strong:

"From Troy Vincent's letter to Tom Brady:

"With respect to your particular involvement, the report established that there is substantial and credible evidence to conclude you were at least generally aware of the actions of the Patriots' employees involved in the deflation of the footballs and that it was unlikely that their actions were done without your knowledge. Moreover, the report documents your failure to cooperate fully and candidly with the investigation, including by refusing to produce any relevant electronic evidence (emails, texts, etc.), despite being offered extraordinary safeguards by the investigators to protect unrelated personal information, and by providing testimony that the report concludes was not plausible and contradicted by other evidence.

"Your actions as set forth in the report clearly constitute conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the game of professional football. The integrity of the game is of paramount importance to everyone in our league, and requires unshakable commitment to fairness and compliance with the playing rules. Each player, no matter how accomplished and otherwise respected, has an obligation to comply with the rules and must be held accountable for his actions when those rules are violated and the public's confidence in the game is called into question.' "

Strong as new rope!

Are you really questioning Adonis on obsession and insanity?  Pot = kettle

No...but it helps make the case that the NFL has never really been as serious about the PSI in the balls as they want to make it seem. If the integrity of the game is the truly the issue, then there is no way that should ever happen. There is a disconnect between what the NFL says and how it acts.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the league has a procedure in place concerning the balls/PSI/etc., & the issue seems to be that the procedure was compromised...

doubt they figured a team would be so sneaky, sneaky to try to circumvent something like ball pressure...

just guessing...

but you're probably right the NFL is leading a 21st century witch hunt, crazy things take place there in Massachusetts I guess...

Ummmm.....you are here, on a Colts forum, obsessively regurgitating the same old defense of the *'s as if you are their lawyer, so I would say...

A. You do care about national perception.

B. You might be the one who is insane.

Why are there so many posts about the Patriots on this forum?

A. They cheated and got caught, a topic of great significance and debate. People do not like when a team cheats.

B. Before the results of the report came out, all *'s topics were started by you and your constant desire to glorify your joke of a team.

This is how things look to be shaping up. Brady and his lawyers are going to file a case against the NFL. They won't get things done prior to the start of the season and Brady very well might be on the field against the Steelers as the suspension will be most likely be put on hold as the case trudges though the legal system. I'm thinking Brady's legal team is pretty confident in their case to even bother and that's why we never heard boo from Brady. He's got aces in his pocket so to speak. This is going to get uglier for Roger and his NFL. This has been handled very, very poorly.

You really believe a legal team of lawyers are going to turn down getting paid no matter the end brings? You haven't been around many lawyers I take it.

Ever stop and think you are the reason for all these posts about the Patriots? There's some Patriots fans that have 10k+ posts on a COLTS forum, you included. I wonder who's obsessed with who?