Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady suspended four games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks (Mega Merge)

BlueShoe

Brady gets a 4 game suspension. 

BRADY SUSPENDED; PATS DOCKED $1M, PICKS
Tom Brady has been suspended four games, and the Patriots will forfeit a first-round pick in 2016 and a fourth-round pick in 2017. New England was also hit with a $1 million fine.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12867594/punishments-handed-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-deflategate

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet: NFL: #Patriots QB Tom Brady is suspended without pay for the first four games of 2015 for conduct detrimental to the integrity of the NFL

@RapSheet: #Patriots were fined $1M and will forfeit the first-round selection in 2016 nd the club’s fourth-round selection in the 2017 NFL Draft. Wow.

I was hoping it'd be more. Something equivalent to not being able to play in the Super Bowl.  

This is what I was expecting though.  

Not to mention, because this has been filed, Brady and the Pats will have an asterisk on last season's SB.

Harsher than I imagined

Yeah me too. They were sending a message. Plus Brady not cooperating (turning over his phone) made it worse. You're going to get it anyway but not cooperating makes it worse because that's part of the NFL rules.

Yeah me too. They were sending a message. Plus Brady not cooperating (turning over his phone) made it worse. You're going to get it anyway but not cooperating makes it worse because that's part of the NFL rules.

Agree JJ and btw ... you are about the only Pat guy that didn't get into the bad water...

Family is texting me now saying the draft picks are harsh

This is fine if it was only a one game thing - however if it is ever able to be proven this has happened over years then it's will need to be readdressed.  At that point a one year suspension would be in order. 

Systematic Cheating.  

Been doing it for years.  

Just glad to see they held the organization responsible too.  

The Brady suspension is fair...and the cash fine is just. ...I think a No,.1 draft chioce is very stiff..actually...

The NFL penalzed the player AND the organization. They took this very seriously

As they should! Good form IMO!