Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many td does luck throw this yr?

Trace Pyott

I want to be realistic. I mean last year was a statistically great year for him. I don't know if we can constantly hold him to expectations of 40+ TD's. Anything over 30 would mean he's doing some pretty good things.

Ive never know a RB to do anything without an OL helping...   let alone a 32 year old RB....  And this OL has a lot to prove.   Gore won't see over 200 touches. 

The teams best bet is to take it slow with him and save his best for the stretch run...  IMO..  Same as they did with Brad....

Lol. This year will NOT be another high td passes from luck. Gore is here to even things out.

You guys are all just guessing.  There is a simple mathematical formula that will tell you exactly how many TDs passes he will have: RoundUp {Completed years in the league * square root of his IQ + his jersey number - offensive line holding penalties+(31-his current age)}.

So for Luck let's estimate his IQ at 140 and let's figure 10 holding penlaties.

That would be 3 * 11.83 + 12 -10 + 5 (he will be 26 in Sept) = 42.49 TDs but since it's roundup that is 43 TDs.

Math never lies.

Luck actually LED the NFL last year with 40.

I think if you want the Colts to have a better offense this year than last,  you should hope his number is roughly 40 again this year and that the rest of the TD's come from a much improved running game.

An improved running game is what will make the rest of the offense hum right along.....   not more from Luck.

Ive never know a RB to do anything without an OL helping...   let alone a 32 year old RB....  And this OL has a lot to prove.   Gore won't see over 200 touches. 

The teams best bet is to take it slow with him and save his best for the stretch run...  IMO..  Same as they did with Brad....

did you not see the OL in the playoffs? Proof that the OL is there, the rotation was not consistent throughout all 16 weeks until the playoffs.

What makes you think Gore won't get over 200 touches?    That's carries AND receptions.

I think he'll have 200 carries alone......    that's only 12.5 per game.

If not,  we're not using him right.

Im thinking Gore gets somewhere around 235 carries with the next closest Back getting 185-190 carries, Im expecting 4.0 or better ypc with 40-50 targets between the 2 Backs we primarily use...Much of this depends on if the O Line decides to do what they are paid to do though and Peps ability to put our run game into better situations and advantages which I think he was very inconsistent at last year

Im thinking Gore gets somewhere around 235 carries with the next closest Back getting 185-190 carries, Im expecting 4.0 or better ypc with 40-50 targets between the 2 Backs we primarily use...Much of this depends on if the O Line decides to do what they are paid to do though and Peps ability to put our run game into better situations and advantages which I think he was very inconsistent at last year

I think our OL was badly hampered last year by injuries.

We led the NFL in the one category you DON'T WANT to lead in....   most different OL combinations -- 11.

When you don't have continuity on the OL,  you don't have good OL play.

Combine that with a very poor group of running backs and you get what we saw for roughly the 2nd half of the season,  an offense that could stall out against a decent defense....

OK man...    

Frank is 32 years old NFL 10 year starter...     He is a power back,  and he has 2,784 career touches on his body.    that is 27 per game over 10 years....    Time simply catches up..     at some point.     I love me some Frank Gore...    but damn ...   to expect this guy at his age to CARRY THE MAIL every day is silly. 

Keep him fresh like they were doing with Brad and come $$$ time give the opponent a BIG dose of Gore.     Won't happen tho if Indy expects him to be a 20+ carry guy.   Teams will get a BIG DOSE of a 32 year old back worked to death.    I would like to think they / INDY know that.

Do not be surprised to see Brad back after his "GODell punishment" comes down .....      And that would be LOVELY.

Bye the way the reason he looked so "fresh" last season...     He only touched the rock 142 times in 14 games....     

EXACTLY how I hope INDY uses him.       Harbaugh is no *, lets hope Chuck isn't either.

What makes you think Gore won't get over 200 touches?    That's carries AND receptions.

I think he'll have 200 carries alone......    that's only 12.5 per game.

If not,  we're not using him right.

Bradshaw had 140 touches in 9 1/2 games last season. You expect Gore to have less involvement than him? 

I think our OL was badly hampered last year by injuries.

We led the NFL in the one category you DON'T WANT to lead in....   most different OL combinations -- 11.

When you don't have continuity on the OL,  you don't have good OL play.

Combine that with a very poor group of running backs and you get what we saw for roughly the 2nd half of the season,  an offense that could stall out against a decent defense....

ONE bad RB,  Brad and Boom played well all year...    and I agree Indy's OL issues are largely due to injury / no continuity.     BUT they still need to prove they can stay in the game first and second get the job done. 

Indy did not focus on the OL in the draft so to me that says they have confidence in the unit.    And honestly I do to if they can all stay in the game.  

Time will tell.

I hope it's around the same...  and Brad was 29 years old.

I can't believe so many actually expect a 32 year old Frank Gore to come in and be a bell cow?  

Just not realistic.    A great piece YES .... .   a 250 carry back...   No way.

Bradshaw had 140 touches in 10 games last season. You expect Gore to have less involvement than him? 

If the D is bad Luck could realistically challenge Manning's record..      If the D is "pretty good" and Indy can run "a little" ..      He will be around 40 IMO.

Everything is situational...   Heck if Indy has the AFC S, and AFC in general wrapped up in week 15 or so...  he may miss games?   

He's going to have a great year that is all  i would bet on.   26 years old and not close to his prime.      Colt fans are truly blessed.

i just wish Grigs would just go out and INVEST in the OL full go....   because if this team could run the ball....   We WILL SEE STAR WARS numbers.    It's been all Luck so far ...  just wait until they get a TEAM around him.   It's getting close but the D is not there yet.    O...     look out.

OK man...    

Frank is 32 years old NFL 10 year starter...     He is a power back,  and he has 2,784 career touches on his body.    that is 27 per game over 10 years....    Time simply catches up..     at some point.     I love me some Frank Gore...    but damn ...   to expect this guy at his age to CARRY THE MAIL every day is silly. 

Keep him fresh like they were doing with Brad and come $$$ time give the opponent a BIG dose of Gore.     Won't happen tho if Indy expects him to be a 20+ carry guy.   Teams will get a BIG DOSE of a 32 year old back worked to death.    I would like to think they / INDY know that.

Do not be surprised to see Brad back after his "GODell punishment" comes down .....      And that would be LOVELY.

Bye the way the reason he looked so "fresh" last season...     He only touched the rock 142 times in 14 games....     

EXACTLY how I hope INDY uses him.       Harbaugh is no *, lets hope Chuck isn't either.

John,   please tell me you have a professional doing your taxes!    Please tell me you don't do them yourself!   (Not a knock, I take mine to someone!)

I'm just saying your math is not just off,  it's WAY off.    Hugely off.

2784 touches in 10 years IS NOT 27 per game.    Not even close.

2784 touches in 10 years is 278 per year.     Which then gets divided by roughly 16 games.    A few years Gore didn't play the full 16 game schedule.      But, for now,   we'll divide 278 by 16 and you get 17.4 touches per game.    That's carries AND receptions.

But,  let's call it on average 15 games he played a year and you get 18.5 touches per game.

If you call it 14 games per year,  then the math is 19.85 touches per game.    Still not even close to your figure of 27 per game.

And if you look again at his 10 year career,  you'll see that Gore's last 4 years have arguably been as good as his first 6 years.   In short,  he's showing no signs of slowing down.  

The guy gets roughly 1,100 yards rushing per year.    The Colts would be thrilled with that.   But even if we only get 950-1000, the Colts will be happy.    As long as he's churning out roughly 4-yards per carry,  Gore is doing the job we've hired him to do.

I'm guessing Gore will get roughly 16-20 touches a game.   16 is the low end,  20 is likely the high end.    It appears like he's got two good years left in him.

Good catch..   I caught my boo boo too late to edit...   hehee  

I just divided by ten...   I'm tired and drinking and I actually do have a degree in accounting..  YIKESSSS    I pay more attention to my returns...   :)

but it is still a  HUGE workload for a guy 32 years old..     And in 2013 he RAN the ball 312 times...    the next season Jimbo toned it BACK    some due to injury..  some ....    he knows.

I just hope Indy takes good care of FG...     It would be fantastic to get into the playoffs with a FRESH FRANK GORE, with all the speed this team has at WR....       Look out NFL.

MAJOR EDIT...  i was looking at his stats in REVERSE order....    Frank Gore has 1072 carries SINCE 2011...  

He is 32 years old...      that is actually a worse scenario that I actually complained about.So from ages 28 - 31 he has averaged about 268 carries a year?   Really...    on top of the other 1600+ carries...    He is either the BIONIC man or he will hit the wall hard.    AND soon more likely than not...  

He has been durable as heck...  

John,   please tell me you have a professional doing your taxes!    Please tell me you don't do them yourself!   (Not a knock, I take mine to someone!)

I'm just saying your math is not just off,  it's WAY off.    Hugely off.

2784 touches in 10 years IS NOT 27 per game.    Not even close.

2784 touches in 10 years is 278 per year.     Which then gets divided by roughly 16 games.    A few years Gore didn't play the full 16 game schedule.      But, for now,   we'll divide 278 by 16 and you get 17.4 touches per game.    That's carries AND receptions.

But,  let's call it on average 15 games he played a year and you get 18.5 touches per game.

If you call it 14 games per year,  then the math is 19.85 touches per game.    Still not even close to your figure of 27 per game.

And if you look again at his 10 year career,  you'll see that Gore's last 4 years have arguably been as good as his first 6 years.   In short,  he's showing no signs of slowing down.  

The guy gets roughly 1,100 yards rushing per year.    The Colts would be thrilled with that.   But even if we only get 950-1000, the Colts will be happy.    As long as he's churning out roughly 4-yards per carry,  Gore is doing the job we've hired him to do.

I'm guessing Gore will get roughly 16-20 touches a game.   16 is the low end,  20 is likely the high end.    It appears like he's got two good years left in him.

I just don't want Indy to wear this dude out....      And I don't think they will.

I don't think we will either.....

I expect someone to be a solid back-up...   whether that back-up is Robinson,  or Herron,  or Ballard,  or Tipton...

Someone is going to be a good back-up and get a fair amount of work....  I expect Gore to be the lead dog,  but someone else is going to have a timeshare and get something around 8-14 touches a game....

Hopefully no more then 35 because I think if he has to throw more then that then that likely means we are still having problems running the ball consistently, We were 24th in the league last year in rushing TD's with 9, 7 Backs had as many as our entire team last year

I just don't want Indy to wear this dude out.... And I don't think they will.

I lived in the Bay Area for the past 5 years.. Watched gore every weekend (better than watching McFadden) and trust

Me! There is now slowing down for him! Almost seems as if he gets better with age.