Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Petition to sign Lofa Tatupu!!

Mak Lao

Will the addition of Lofa Tatupu push the colts defense into the top 10?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How much will the addition of Lofa Tatapu impact the team?

• Yes!! Super Bowl BABY!!!
    • It's a Wash. Same team stats as last year.
    • Lofa? You mean Sofa Tatupu. He won't make an impact at all.

The Seahawks just released Lofa Tatupu, and we need to sign him on to join our Colts fast!!! He had surgery on his knees in Jan, but should be ready for the season. What do you guys think of the 3 time Pro Bowler?

C'Mon Mr. Polian, C'mon Mr Irsay, Lets make the deal!

Since a decade, baring about 1.5 year, the issue has been the DT position. Lewis in his prime could be playing MLB for them Colts and it (almost :P) wouldnt change a thing.

Lewis himself whined to the Ravens coaches/FO about 6-7 years ago and wanted them to get better DT play (or else he'd leave Baltimore, tho that part was more about contract negociations I'd say), which they did by drafting Ngata a year later. If the best MLB of the last 20 years needed help in front of him, then the same applies to whomever plays MLB for the Colts.

Brackett isnt the issue. The issue is in front of him, aka, bottom 5 DTS since a decade or so.

Since a decade, baring about 1.5 year, the issue has been the DT position. Lewis in his prime could be playing MLB for them Colts and it (almost :P) wouldnt change a thing.

Lewis himself whined to the Ravens coaches/FO about 6-7 years ago and wanted them to get better DT play (or else he'd leave Baltimore, tho that part was more about contract negociations I'd say), which they did by drafting Ngata a year later. If the best MLB of the last 20 years needed help in front of him, then the same applies to whomever plays MLB for the Colts.

Brackett isnt the issue. The issue is in front of him, aka, bottom 5 DTS since a decade or so.

For the most part, I agree.

Our LB's are solid. I'm more worried about the boys in front of them. Lofa's going to demand big money (which we don't have), and our money needs to go elsewhere.

Nevis might pan out, and Moala will hopefully continue to progress, but I'd like another stud in the rotation while those young guys mature. I would also consider a vet DB signing of some sort, preferably CB. The SS thing doesn't worry me too much, because again, we have Bullitt and Bethea, so we'd basically be signing someone to sit, or force one of them to sit. Seems like a waste of money.

I have never believed in the idea of spending good money on a "just-in-case" guy.

Point made.

Please address the subject or this thread will be closed.

:topic:

Hey, it's my first Post. Cut me some slack "MODERATOR". I'm actually interested in the subject. Not all of us are sports writers, that can go, or feel the need to go elaborate into a subject. I just wanted to do a quick shout out of ideas. Some user friendly hospitality would be nice.

Hey, it's my first Post. Cut me some slack "MODERATOR". I'm actually interested in the subject. Not all of us are sports writers, that can go, or feel the need to go elaborate into a subject. I just wanted to do a quick shout out of ideas. Some user friendly hospitality would be nice.

The mod wasn't talking to you, they were talking to other posters jumping on the name bandwagon. The mod was actually on your side but you stay cool bro.

Back to the subject, Our defense has been the same for the past couple of years. Decent pass defense, but crappy run defense. I understand that DT is a need for the position, and we are relying on our younger guys to get better, but if Nevis and Moala don't get better, and our defense is still the same as it has been. Then an overhaul of defensive strategy may be necessary. Tatupu is a go getting / "attacking" LB like Bob Sanders was as a Safety. Our superbowl win in 06 came with the help of Sanders playing that way and aiding in the run defense. I think that if you add more players to the Team with this type of playing style, it will be the perfect addition to improve the identity of our defense. The fasters Pass Rushers on the front line, and in the LB corps. Just think of it. We'd be called the fastest defense in the league. I'm a hopeful Colts fan who just want our team to get better.

If anything, the MOD was on your side. She was trying to get your topic back on track instead of having it become a discussion about usernames. Just relax man, we have some of the best MODs on the net on here.

If anything, the MOD was on your side. She was trying to get your topic back on track instead of having it become a discussion about usernames. Just relax man, we have some of the best MODs on the net on here.

Sorry My bad. MoD I misunderstood.

Back to the subject, Our defense has been the same for the past couple of years. Decent pass defense, but crappy run defense. I understand that DT is a need for the position, and we are relying on our younger guys to get better, but if Nevis and Moala don't get better, and our defense is still the same as it has been. Then an overhaul of defensive strategy may be necessary. Tatupu is a go getting / "attacking" LB like Bob Sanders was as a Safety. Our superbowl win in 06 came with the help of Sanders playing that way and aiding in the run defense. I think that if you add more players to the Team with this type of playing style, it will be the perfect addition to improve the identity of our defense. The fasters Pass Rushers on the front line, and in the LB corps. Just think of it. We'd be called the fastest defense in the league. I'm a hopeful Colts fan who just want our team to get better.

I don't think we'll need an overhaul of the defensive scheme, but I wouldn't mind seeing us become more aggressive. I like the speed we have on defense and I think we should stick with that. You can blame Coyer for not calling as many blitzes last year, but keep in mind that he didn't have a full healthy defense to work with. This should be a make or break year for him; if the defense can perform well like it did under Coyer's first season, keep him. If the defense doesn't do well, we should let Coyer go and find someone else to run the defense.

why cant you people understand a linebacker is a linebacker outside or inside. im sure tatupu could play outside. and angerer played outside last season to prove my point.

It's not the same. Going by that reasoning, an O-lineman is an O-lineman and it makes no difference if he plays outside or on the interior. The guys have different responsibilities, different reads, etc. The Packers have Kevin Greene as their outside linebackers coach, not their LB coach, but their outside LB coach. It's not the same playing inside as it is playing on the outside.