Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still reading through the "report" but much is just speculative and circumstantial so I am not sure what punishment would come of this. I think the text messages are the most damning part for the Pats. Not to mention the ball pressure measurements. As most of said from the beginning, it is very hard to prove ball tampering but the NFL can punish for just the appearance ...

Am, I know you don't want to believe any of this. But I really think you should prepare yourself for him getting some sort of suspension.

Even tho it's mostly circumstantial evidence, there is just too much that is damning, starting with his press conference and his perceived lying, to refusing to cooperate by giving up his phone, to revealed text messages and so on. It doesn't take much to see someone's guilt.

I love how even though it's a widely reputable lawyer and a thorough investigation against your team, it's just a "report", the quotations are necessary lmao

Hard to put a lot of stock in NFL "reports" given their track record and the fact that this report is completely circumstantial and speculative.

Fine em a million, take away next year's 1st round pick, Belichek suspended for the year.

If Belichick had no knowledge of it then I don't see how he can be punished for it. Now Brady I could see him being suspended as he had knowledge of it plus he lied to the public. Then he turns around and declines to give up his phone causing a hamper in the investigation. I think Brady deserves a suspension, but I doubt he will get one.

I really think you're making too big a deal out of it.  NFL.com put it on their site anyway and it was an independent investigation.

It may not be important to you, or most people here,  but it's a big deal to the NFL and to the people who work at the NFL Network.

They look bad.

A few years back,  NFL.com/Network didn't have anyone working on their assignment desk overnight.  

And a story broke over night and ESPN had it and the NFLN had......   nothing.     For hours.

The league was furious, and steps were taken to correct that.   

You don't want to get scooped by someone else on something that you should have before anyone else....

Am, I know you don't want to believe any of this. But I really think you should prepare yourself for him getting some sort of suspension.

Even tho it's mostly circumstantial evidence, there is just too much that is damning, starting with his press conference and his perceived lying, to refusing to cooperate by giving up his phone, to revealed text messages and so on. It doesn't take much to see someone's guilt.

Perhaps Gramz but this is the most ridiculous part of the report - the entire organization from Kraft to Bill and personnel to the equipment manager were completely exonerated. The fall guys appear to be the two part-time ball guys and a "probable" Brady. And this just after the league sent Brady a letter asking him to come to the SB MVP ceremony at next year's Super Bowl. To be honest, this report smells to high heaven. IF something happened here, something of which Brady may be culpable then how can Bill and the org be completely exonerated??

Cough4asteriskscough

Coughcantwinwithoutcheatingcough

Coughnointegritycough

Coughnorespectcough

yep...cant win a superbowl without cheating...and getting caught.  Yet some of our posters want the Colts to be like the Pats, screw that, I'd rather have no wins, than cheat to win, or support a cheating team like they are

I doubt it. BB turned cassel to a milliniare QB. imagine what he can do with Jimmy G

They definitely was not the same that season. I like Jimmy G as I think he is a good quarterback, but he isn't Brady yet. Also I doubt BB had much to do with the development of Cassel I bet that was all Josh McDaniels and Bill O'Brien during their stay there.

Whew,..Thank god this is finally out.  Now that it Matters about the AFC Championship game, I still think we got trounced enough to say it would not have mattered, (final score maybe but not end result).

I am just glad it is finally out because I got SOOOOO sick of Pats fans blowing up swearing that the Wells report was actually about how the Colts deflated the balls and was trying to blame the Pats. (which I knew was a fallacy, but true arguing that with a Pat fan...)

If Belichick had no knowledge of it then I don't see how he can be punished for it. Now Brady I could see him being suspended as he had knowledge of it plus he lied to the public. Then he turns around and declines to give up his phone causing a hamper in the investigation. I think Brady deserves a suspension, but I doubt he will get one.

Sean Payton had no knowledge of bountygate, not to mention the fact this is not the first offense.

Perhaps Gramz but this is the most ridiculous part of the report - the entire organization from Kraft to Bill and personnel to the equipment manager were completely exonerated. The fall guys appear to be the two part-time ball guys and a "probable" Brady. And this just after the league sent Brady a letter asking him to come to the SB MVP ceremony at next year's Super Bowl. To be honest, this report smells to high heaven. IF something happened here, something of which Brady may be culpable then how can Bill and the org be completely exonerated??

As for next year's Super Bowl MVP ceremony, maybe he'll have a family obligation to attend to instead. haha

Whew,..Thank god this is finally out.  Now that it Matters about the AFC Championship game, I still think we got trounced enough to say it would not have mattered, (final score maybe but not end result).

I am just glad it is finally out because I got SOOOOO sick of Pats fans blowing up swearing that the Wells report was actually about how the Colts deflated the balls and was trying to blame the Pats. (which I knew was a fallacy, but true arguing that with a Pat fan...)

Dwayne Allen nailed it: They could have played with soap for balls and beat us.

That's not the point. I think everyone knows that.

They definitely was not the same that season. I like Jimmy G as I think he is a good quarterback, but he isn't Brady yet. Also I doubt BB had much to do with the development of Cassel I bet that was all Josh McDaniels and Bill O'Brien during their stay there.

they still won 11 games. at the end of the day, they still won and almost beat us in the regular season

I don't see why this is such a big deal. 

I was just answering the same question asked by another poster....

It's not a big deal to anyone here,  and that's fine.

But it's a big deal to the NFL which looks foolish.    Their information arm gets scooped by someone else.    That shouldn't happen on a big story like this.      The league looks bad,  and so does NFL.COM

I guarantee you there are people who are furious at NFL.com.....     They should've had this first,  but ESPN found a great source.   Props to them!

Hard to put a lot of stock in NFL "reports" given their track record and the fact that this report is completely circumstantial and speculative.

What would it take for you to be convinced? I'm actually asking? Do you need video evidence of Brady deflating the balls?

If this was a report on another team and another QB, would the substantial evidence be enough for you? The evidence consists of texts  between two Patriots equipment/ball boys, talking specifically about deflating balls for Brady in exchange for goods.

They'll win when they find a new way to cheat.

I don't know. There weren't any deflated balls used against the Seahawks. If anything this public shame is going to motivate the Patriots even more.

I just got BINGO in patriots excuse bingo

But it's a big deal to the NFL which looks foolish.    Their information arm gets scooped by someone else.    That shouldn't happen on a big story like this.      The league looks bad,  and so does NFL.COM

I guarantee you there are people who are furious at NFL.com.....     They should've had this first,  but ESPN found a great source.   Props to them!

No they don't.

What would it take for you to be convinced? I'm actually asking? Do you need video evidence of Brady deflating the balls?

If this was a report on another team and another QB, would the substantial evidence be enough for you? The evidence consists of texts  between equipment managers, talking specifically about deflating balls for Brady in exchange for goods.

I am not denying it. I thought they probably did it back when it happened if the ball pressure reports were true from Mort. I just think this report is really reaching on some of this but we will see what happens ...

In that other thread you locked earlier, the tweets said something to the effect of "Colts fans will not be happy" and suggested the Colts will be the ones getting into trouble

Yeah I came across those tweets last night and thought I'd share today prior to the report coming out.

It really did have me concerned that the Colts brass were going to come out of this with egg on their faces. I even browsed around and realized something that that I hadn't given any thought before: Grigson was with the '01 Rams and the '04 Eagles teams that lost Super Bowls to the Pats, AND he had to watch the Colts get dismantled by the Pats in the playoffs 2 years ago, and the AFCCG last year. It's safe to say he has an axe to grind, and a deep hatred for New England.

So needless to say, a lot of folks (especially in New England) were just chalking this up as Grigson carrying a grudge.

My major point of disagreement is that I don't think this reflects on the NFL at all. I think that's a micro criticism that doesn't even register with most people. I don't care that ESPN scooped this before it was on the league's website.

Also, NFL.com is generally slow about posting news. Big headlines are usually on other sites before they're on NFL.com. I believe in this case, the site was directed not to post this until they had the accompanying statement from Goodell.

I am not denying it. I thought they probably did it back when it happened if the ball pressure reports were true from Mort. I just think this report is really reaching on some of this but we will see what happens ...

please tell me where its reaching? Brady lied to investigators for a reason