Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I was confused about the Armstrong reference but no I did not think he was a football player. For some reason I was thinking he was a baseball player. No idea why...that's just where my mind went lol

Thank you for the bright guy comment though...you are as well.

And, as I added later,   you're certainly no troll......

I suspect Jasonin is confused on the Lance Armstrong reference.    He's probably thinking football player.

Otherwise,  Jason is a very bright guy and knows who LA is.....   just got lost in the context....

But above all,  Jason is no troll.    He's been here for years and has no history of being a troll.

I second that notion...

oh, wow..did not know this myself.  Just read a part that where people are saying that messing with the balls are a 25k fine only is false.

Here’s the exact language of the rule, as quoted at page 35 of the Wells report: “Once the balls have left the locker room, no one, including players, equipment managers and coaches are allowed to alter the footballs in any way. If any individual alters the footballs, or if a non-approved ball is used in the game, the person responsible and, if appropriate, the head coach or other club personnel will be subject to discipline, including, but not limited to, a fine of $25,000.”

2 games would be really disappointing, in my opinion. Sean Payton got suspended for a full season and he didn't have anything to do with the bounties. I certainly don't expect a full season suspension, but I think 4 games at the very least.

I'm with you on the 4 games minimum thing. But if it is 4 games, my fear is he'll appeal it and get it down to 2 games.

I'm with you on the 4 games minimum thing. But if it is 4 games, my fear is he'll appeal it and get it down to 2 games.

Anything that results in 2 games is a disappointment.  And I say 4 games as the absolute minimum.  I'd still expect a hefty fine.  I'm really interested to see what happens to Belichick and the Patriots in terms of punishments, if anything.

Hey, Shane Bond, do you really think the entire New England offense was privy to Brady's antics of under-inflating footballs? If this turns out to be the case (would need another investigation and much larger one), that would in all likelihood be the story of the last two centuries concerning the NFL. Wow. What a statement. Yeah, that would be "way bigger" on a nuclear explosion level so to speak.

This really can't be just one player. There is a lot of correlation to lot of other success in offense.

This really can't be just one player. There is a lot of correlation to lot of other success in offense.

QB

Wideouts

Tight Ends

Backs

Center

Anyone who handles the football on offense would notice. The entire team benefits from it, but offensive linemen/defensive players etc. wouldn't necessarilly know about it.  Those listed offensive positions, though? You're darn right they know about it.

Also isn't it a bit off how Benjarvis Green Ellis never fumbled in NE, then magically started fumbling once he left? Bear in mind not just him but NE receivers/backs rarely fumble in general. You could attribute it to good talent/coaching or....something else.

It wont be for a year I can guarantee that. To the NFL and a lot of people in general, the Pats are like the Yankees of the NFL. Which means they'll get special consideration, more attention, and made out to be this be unstoppable force. They'll get away with more too. It'll be a game or 3 and nothing more. There are 4 teams in sports that I hate to their core. They are the New England Patriots, New York Yankees, New York Mets, and Duke Blue Devils. But I hate New England and everything about them more so than any of those other teams. Tom Brady looks like a 40year old Justin Bieber, and all he does is whine and complain. I can see him now whining about the suspension with that little baby mad face and his 15 year old boy scream. This is a great day even if it does only end up being for 2 games.

A serious suspension would be our window of opportunity. I'm expecting 6-8 games AT LEAST. Remember, Sean Payton was booted for a year, and the primary reason Goodell said for that was because Payton lied to him. 

Brady has lied to everyone, for months, numerous times, including the Commish. 

And i guess the Pats themselves are expecting the worse.

"No one knows specifically what the Deflategate punishment will be for Tom Brady, but within Gillette Stadium they are bracing for the worst.

Sources with the Patriots I have spoken with tell me they are fearful of a lengthy suspension, perhaps in the six- to eight-game range, for Brady in the aftermath of the Wells Report."

as per     http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2458473-tom-brady-deflategate-latest-news-and-rumors-on-qbs-potential-punishment?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Yes I was confused about the Armstrong reference but no I did not think he was a football player. For some reason I was thinking he was a baseball player. No idea why...that's just where my mind went lol

Thank you for the bright guy comment though...you are as well.

I am absolutely baffled as to how you don't know who he is.

QB

Wideouts

Tight Ends

Backs

Center

Anyone who handles the football on offense would notice. The entire team benefits from it, but offensive linemen/defensive players etc. wouldn't necessarilly know about it.  Those listed offensive positions, though? You're darn right they know about it.

Also isn't it a bit off how Benjarvis Green Ellis never fumbled in NE, then magically started fumbling once he left? Bear in mind not just him but NE receivers/backs rarely fumble in general. You could attribute it to good talent/coaching or....something else.

Ellis has only fumbled the ball 5 times in his entire career, Ridley 8 times on  649 attempts

I am absolutely baffled as to how you don't know who he is.

LOL sometimes in a persons life you just successfully miss things for a long period of time.  Until recently i thought hashtag meant the price of the stuff.....which confused me even more when they started comparing it to..um..everything...lol (But to my defense, I have never owned a cell phone).

Its official.....I am now changing it to Denialgate. 

Denial:

PSYCHOL. an unconscious thought process whereby one allays anxiety by refusing to acknowledge the existence of certain unpleasant aspects of external reality or of one's thoughts, feelings, etc.

now THIS might be worthy of 50 pages lol.

Lol that isn't true at all. I live in Texas. It is dominating air and media calling for Brady's head. They literally discussed today that if the NFL doesn't handle this appropriately the league would lose mountains of credibility.

must have missed that segment. Lots of talk still about rondo and the Collins and the Cowboys....but I only get that station for a bit....mostly rely on my brother in law and he lives in Dallas and it's all cowboy excitement he said. But here in Titan and ram country....pretty quiet.

QB

Wideouts

Tight Ends

Backs

Center

UPDATED-Patriots-Fumble-Rate-Histogram-C

Looks to me like this deflating trick started in 2007. I feel this was Belichick's doing, as we can see, deflating footballs does far more than provide a QB with a comfortable grip. 

6-8 games for Brady, and at the very least, the loss of their 2016 1st round pick. 

You would blindly follow the Patriots into the depths of Hell and that's fine. We all get it. Seriously though, stop trying to deflect all the wrong by pointing at other teams wrong doings. No one is saying the other teams are perfect. The whole purpose of the Well report was to point out that either the Patriots as a whole or select members of the organization cheated. They found out that they did, whether you acknowledge it or not they did. Stop trying to find holes in the report, to aide your agenda. It's tired, it's boring, it's not clever, and you are making yourself look infantile in the process.

Both Corgi & AMF are good friends of mine & 2 intelligent posters I respect very much. Picturing AMF as General Patton made me chuckle. I won't lie about that. AMF is just loyal to Brady & I do respect that because when somebody I idolize gets attacked or accused of something unflattering I go into full unleash hades mode too so I get where AMF is coming from &, if you can't discredit or refute the report directly, you go into bait & switch mode introducing other elements or teams not relevant to the situation being discussed. It's a common diversion tactic used in politics or running a campaign. 

I get Corgi's point as well. The problem with revering somebody is that when they disappoint you or act in such a way that conflicts with a person's utopian image of them no piece of evidence is going to dismantle their high profile significance of them even if the god like figure in their eyes owns up to a specific activity in question. What's my point here? You roll with whatever gives you the strongest piece of mind & you reject or dismiss whatever diminishes your idealized image of the athlete, musician, actor, or performer in question. 

All I know for sure is this: The longer Brady says nothing the worse it gets for him like a snowball rolling down a steep hill getting bigger & bigger & faster & faster until it [the scandal] takes on a life of it's own that can no longer be stopped, contained, or controlled. Honestly, Brady looks guilty as sin & it's a deep hole to dig out of. Silence has a way of creating craters that get filled by other people the longer you say nothing. 

I need to see what the league gives Brady as punishment & what Brady says on his own behalf. Brady needs to either own it go into full Alamo mode saying NE's got my back & I don't care what the rest of the world thinks. 

Both Corgi & AMF are good friends of mine & 2 intelligent posters I respect very much. Picturing AMF as General Patton made me chuckle. I won't lie about that. AMF is just loyal to Brady & I do respect that because when somebody I idolize gets attacked or accused of something unflattering I go into full unleash hades mode too so I get where AMF is coming from &, if you can't discredit or refute the report directly, you go into bait & switch mode introducing other elements or teams not relevant to the situation being discussed. It's a common diversion tactic used in politics or running a campaign. 

I get Corgi's point as well. The problem with revering somebody is that when they disappoint you or act in such a way that conflicts with a person's utopian image of them no piece of evidence is going to dismantle their high profile significance of them even if the god like figure in their eyes owns up to a specific activity in question. What's my point here? You roll with whatever gives you the strongest piece of mind & you reject or dismiss whatever diminishes your idealized image of the athlete, musician, actor, or performer in question. 

All I know for sure is this: The longer Brady says nothing the worse it gets for him like a snowball rolling down a steep hill getting bigger & bigger & faster & faster until it [the scandal] takes on a life of it's own that can no longer be stopped, contained, or controlled. Honestly, Brady looks guilty as sin & it's a deep hole to dig out of. Silence has a way of creating craters that get filled by other people the longer you say nothing. 

I need to see what the league gives Brady as punishment & what Brady says on his own behalf. Brady needs to either own it go into full Alamo mode saying NE's got my back & I don't care what the rest of the world thinks. 

Great post SW1. Brady is planning on speaking after the punishment is handed down. He said that last night at Salem State when he spoke. He is waiting for the league's process to be completed.