Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

Doubt there's anything solid enough for punishment.

I can assure you there absolutely WILL BE punishment.

The only question is.....    just how much?

How big a fine?    Will it include draft picks?

I don't see anyone, coach or player,  being suspended.

But I think the two guys who did this are going to have be fired....   don't think there's a way around it.

Hope the players all chip in to give them a nice "severance" package....

But there WILL BE punishment.....   of that, I'm certain!     :thmup:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 6, 2015 - calling out posters
Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 6, 2015 - calling out posters

Where are the Pat posters ? Apologies needed from all but AM and maybe a couple of others

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 6, 2015 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 6, 2015 - response to hidden post

Where are the Pat posters ? Apologies needed from all but AM and maybe a couple of others

No we need apologies from them all. Considering she wanted Kensil's head on a pike next to Grigson's.

I should add that I'm very surprised that the NFL is releasing the report,  WITHOUT announcing the punishment?!?

What's the point of that?

I have so little faith in Goodell and the NFL right now....   seems there's no wide-open lay-up that the league won't completely mess up and miss....          :facepalm:

Referee Walt Anderson's inability to locate the game balls at the start of the game (for the first time in nineteen years) and the breach in  standard pre-game procedure when McNally removed the game balls from the Officials Locker Room without the permission of the referee or other game officials.

I should add that I'm very surprised that the NFL is releasing the report,  WITHOUT announcing the punishment?!?

I have so little faith in Goodell and the NFL right now....   seems there's no wide-open lay-up that the league won't completely mess up and miss....          :facepalm:

That is very strange

Ummm this happens all the time. The Freeh report was released before Penn States punishment.

As far as I understand, the report was done independently.  The league had an independent person handle the report.  Then they release the report.  Then they have meetings and discussions for what I think will ultimately be a slap on the wrist

I should add that I'm very surprised that the NFL is releasing the report, WITHOUT announcing the punishment?!?

I have so little faith in Goodell and the NFL right now.... seems there's no wide-open lay-up that the league won't completely mess up and miss.... :facepalm:

The report was just released. I'm sure the punishment is forth coming

As far as I understand, the report was done independently.  The league had an independent person handle the report.  Then they release the report.  Then they have meetings and discussions for what I think will ultimately be a slap on the wrist

Not sure about that

Follow

Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
NFL considering discipline for Tom Brady, locker attendant Jim McNally, equipment asst John Jastremski, per source close to investigation.

Ummm this happens all the time. The Freeh report was released before Penn States punishment.

Happens all the time?     I don't think so...

Professional sports leagues don't do this.....     and I've noticed that NFL.com has not reported this story at all...

Which may mean that ESPN has the breaking news based on a leak...   and the NFL is caught off guard and not prepared.

I don't think they can afford to give the Pats a "slap on the wrist.."

I also don't think it will go as far as some here want....    but I don't see a slap on the wrist coming at all,  and will be disappointed if that's what the NFL hands down...

I also don't think it will go as far as some here want....    but I don't see a slap on the wrist coming at all,  and will be disappointed if that's what the NFL hands down...

I feel the same way

I admit I was pretty outspoken about this from the get-go, and it was never a secret what I thought about all of it.

I came to my own personal conclusion after witnessing Brady's joke of a press conference.

Not sure what, if any punishment will be handed down, but I am glad the report is finally in.

No apologies from me on this one.

E. Items of Value Received by Jastremski from Brady

Jastremski also has received various items of value from Brady, including in the

months before the AFC Championship Game. Over the years, Brady has recognized Jastremski

for his work with occasional tips and other gifts. In addition to receiving money from a holiday

pool organized by Patriots players, Jastremski believes that he received a supplemental tip of

$1,500 from Brady during the 2014 holiday season and has received $500 in cash or gift cards

from Brady in previous years.

According to Jastremski, he also received from Brady two tickets to a Los

Angeles Lakers game when Jastremski visited Los Angeles a few years ago. Brady vaguely

recalls sending Jastremski “in the right direction” through “a contact of a contact of a contact”

for the Lakers tickets, and said that he may have been able to arrange for the tickets for free.

In addition, Brady provided Jastremski with a particularly noteworthy and

valuable autograph on or about October 5, 2014, following the Patriots game against the

Cincinnati Bengals during which Brady became the sixth quarterback in NFL history to exceed

50,000 career passing yards. In text messages, Jastremski described a ball autographed for him

by Brady after the game as “the ball that was used in the game on the play when he passed” the

50,000 yard mark.

Brady said he didn't know who Jastremski was...

I disagree, if they have no evidence that anyone outside these locker room attendants and a player knew about it, then it's hard to do anything.

Only thing they could do is try to suspend Brady.

And I doubt they would do that for very long.  

Happens all the time?     I don't think so...

Professional sports leagues don't do this.....     and I've noticed that NFL.com has not reported this story at all...

Which may mean that ESPN has the breaking news based on a leak...   and the NFL is caught off guard and not prepared.

The point is this was not an NFL investigation. It was an independent investigation. Freeh released his report before NCAA handed down punishment. Wells released his report before the NFL handed down punishment.

Don't forget this wasn't on NFL.com until a day or two after the initial report.