Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go Blue Horseshoe

Jerome Simpson's Play Of The Year

Bah, stupid NFL.com videos that I can't get to work. I know what play this is linking to, though. I saw it during the highlights at halftime of the Jets/Giants game. The thing that I thought was awesome about this play is that it is not just superfluous showboating by the wide receiver. The flip at the end actually helped him get into the endzone. If he had just tried to run it in normally, he might have got stuffed at the 1-yard line.

Bah, stupid NFL.com videos that I can't get to work. I know what play this is linking to, though. I saw it during the highlights at halftime of the Jets/Giants game. The thing that I thought was awesome about this play is that it is not just superfluous showboating by the wide receiver. The flip at the end actually helped him get into the endzone. If he had just tried to run it in normally, he might have got stuffed at the 1-yard line.

Thats exactly why that play isn't just showboating. The acrobatic freak used a full front flip to leap over a 6'2 defender that was waiting to stuff him at the 1 yard line. To make it doubly impressive, he stuck the landing like Mary-Lou.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I doubt our kicking and injury woes (knock on wood) would be the same next year, and we may or may not pick in the Top 15 again.   Having said that - Ballard has had the fortune of picking in the Top 15 3 times in 4 years (including upcoming draft) and has Malik Hooker and Quenton Nelson to show for it, a mixed bag for now.
    • Not that I want him here, but (especially since people list Josh Rosen as a possibility?)- what about 27 yr old/ 6’5”, 236 lbs Blake Bortles?  He’s a FA, and better reading progressions than Jacoby.  ESPN called him the perfect backup in the Rams system last year.  Is that all he’ll ever be, or would he flourish in Reich’s system? (He certainly played well AGAINST our old Colts Defenses! And he would have a running game to take pressure off him.)   I know, he was a turnover machine in Jax.  Hopefully, better with experience with the Rams?
    • probably wont be a popular comment but we could have kept peyton,  and traded luck(for a lot), accelerating the rebuild    not sure that would have been enough to get another ring with peyton but we would probably have a better team now
    • Should be a good one and glad to see some different teams play in the SB for a change.   Not sure SF gets another performance from their RB like they did against the Packers.  They will need to pass the ball more against KC.   KC did a pretty good job of limiting Derrick Henry, then TENN had to pass the ball once they fell behind.   KC can score so quickly...you look up and they've put 21 points on the board in just a few minutes, it seems.   SF has a good defense, but struggles against mobile QBs.   I predict KC 31 - SF 18  
    • At least hand size extrapolation is used for something family friendly. 
  • Members