Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. must really be in the Texans' head.

Dustin

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draft a cornerback in round 1 and then try to trade back into the first for a T.Y. carbon copy?

Yeah, he's gettin' to them.

Now they have to worry about Johnson, Dorsett, Fleener, Allen, Gore and Moncrief.

Oh yeah, and that #12 has some legs too I might add!

I'm so pumped for this season.

Draft a cornerback in round 1 and then try to trade back into the first for a T.Y. carbon copy?

Yeah, he's gettin' to them.

You guys crack me up. The Texans jumped for joy when the Colts selected a WR in round one instead of Dline. And I would think the Texans front with Watt, Clowney and Wilfork will be able to disrupt Luck enough so he does not have time to find all his weapons ...

You guys crack me up. The Texans jumped for joy when the Colts selected a WR in round one instead of Dline. And I would think the Texans front with Watt, Clowney and Wilfork will be able to disrupt Luck enough so he does not have time to find all his weapons ...

They tried to trade up for Dorsett soooo....

Ok? What's your point?

Your whole thread. TY is not in the Texans head. They know how explosive the Colts offense has been under Luck no matter who his weapons are which is why they were going to try to trade up and draft a receiver given they lost AJ and also drafted a CB, another smart move. The reason why they tried to trade up with the Pats if in fact that story is true as neither Bill has confirmed it, is because they assumed like everyone that the Colts would draft DL in round one given Brown and others were sitting right there for them.

Your whole thread. TY is not in the Texans head. They know how explosive the Colts offense has been under Luck no matter who his weapons are which is why they were going to try to trade up and draft a receiver given they lost AJ and also drafted a CB, another smart move. The reason why they tried to trade up with the Pats if in fact that story is true as neither Bill has confirmed it, is because they assumed like everyone that the Colts would draft DL in round one given Brown and others were sitting right there for them.

can you just go because clearly we do not get along with you here? Seeing your post and just knowing your a blasphemous pats fan makes me wanna throw up

The Colts have owned the Texans in Indy & the division just like the Patriots have owned the Colts " that just made me feel like puking " 

With out Peyton Manning in 2011 the Texans finally won a division & in 2012 the just did beat the Colts for the division . So for 2 years they were the best in the division by default . Before 2011 & after 2012 they have been building there team to beat the Colts .

The Texans team & there fans realize they cannot advance without beating the Colts For a decade Peyton Manning & the Colts & Now Andrew Luck & the Colts

The whole team is in there head .

I don't think it was a given that the Colts were going to draft D line in round one. Most just figured they would never go WR because it was already a position of strength , while there appeared to need for DL , DB and maybe O Line. An edge pass rusher was also a bigger need than WR.

What happened was Grigson had Dorsett the 15th rated prospect while he had Brown graded as a 2nd rounder. You and many others maybe are just not clear on what a huge difference that is. On the draft value chart , pick 15 is worth about 1500 points while the FIRST pick in round 2 is worth around 550 points. Huge difference and if you board reads like that , you have to go with it.

BTW ... it's also not such a reach that Brown was viewed by the people that actually know as a 2nd round pick... the same as Grigson had him. If the Pats had traded the spot to Houston , thats probably where he would have been drafted. No ? Stop listening to the talking heads. 

Also , just for the record the Colts pretty much used the rest of the draft on defense. 

Yea no Watt, Clowney, and Wilfork won't really be able to do that.

I think you are over thinking this.  Texans want to get better, they picked players that they think will make them better. 

Really I don't think you overthink the division when you build your team, you just try to get better.

Wilfork isn't a pass rusher and clowney has the knee cartridge of a 12 yr veteran.

Here's what the people that put their money where their mouths are think about Houston stopping the Colts in 2015.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

Not at all. TY Dorsett and Moncrief have the speed to turn a 5 yard reception into a TD. And being in the slot, Dorsett is closer to the QB, meaning the ball will be in the air less than 2 seconds.

BTW ... it's also not such a reach that Brown was viewed by the people that actually know as a 2nd round pick... the same as Grigson had him. If the Pats had traded the spot to Houston , thats probably where he would have been drafted. No ? Stop listening to the talking heads.

Yup. Don't know if GB or NO would have picked him either, given their other concerns.

With all of the talk about the DTs, Goldman and Phillipps went in the second also.

Nope. Everything the Texans do is predictated on the Colts. We didn't want a receiver because we just lost one or anything like that. And we didn't draft a CB in the first round because there's a real possibility JoJo is gone next year. Nope, it's all about the Colts.

can you just go because clearly we do not get along with you here? Seeing your post and just knowing your a blasphemous pats fan makes me wanna throw up

Why because she uses logic? AM is a good poster here, Patriot fan or not.

Not at all. TY Dorsett and Moncrief have the speed to turn a 5 yard reception into a TD. And being in the slot, Dorsett is closer to the QB, meaning the ball will be in the air less than 2 seconds.

Dorsett won't even be on the field, unless you think the coaches plan on hindering the development of the other young guys you already had on the offense.

They can worry about him all they want, They need to be worrying about finding a QB

Our head coach has two he is clearly confident in. The Texans won nine games last year and barely missed the playoffs with Ryan Beardpatrick.

Our head coach has two he is clearly confident in. The Texans won nine games last year and barely missed the playoffs with Ryan Beardpatrick.

well if you guys are picking somewhat high next season you could get Hackenburg or however you spell it lol O'brians old QB from PSU

well if you guys are picking somewhat high next season you could get Hackenburg or however you spell it lol O'brians old QB from PSU

I think that would be intriguing, but hopefully we pick at least from the 31 spot next year ;)

Dorsett won't even be on the field, unless you think the coaches plan on hindering the development of the other young guys you already had on the offense.

Dorsett will probably return punts and will be the slot receiver by midseason, if not opening day. Moncrief plays on the outside and will share time with AJ. The only development guy that will be hindered is Duron Carter, and yes, our first round draft pick will see the field long before him. Its between him and Vincent Brown competing for the final 53, with Carter eligible for the PS as the #6 WR and can be called up if there is an injury.

Dorsett will probably return punts and will be the slot receiver by midseason, if not opening day. Moncrief plays on the outside and will share time with AJ. The only development guy that will be hindered is Duron Carter, and yes, our first round draft pick will see the field long before him. Its between him and Vincent Brown competing for the final 53, with Carter eligible for the PS as the #6 WR and can be called up if there is an injury.

That actually sounds like a good plan. But Andre left Houston because he didn't want to be in a reduced role, so him splitting time on the field with a second year player might not sit well with him. There's only one ball to go around but I guess we'll see how it goes. I think the coaches brought Carter in to be more then just a practice squad receiver, so they will need to see if he is worth their time by letting him play I would think.

I don't think it was a given that the Colts were going to draft D line in round one. Most just figured they would never go WR because it was already a position of strength , while there appeared to need for DL , DB and maybe O Line. An edge pass rusher was also a bigger need than WR.

What happened was Grigson had Dorsett the 15th rated prospect while he had Brown graded as a 2nd rounder. You and many others maybe are just not clear on what a huge difference that is. On the draft value chart , pick 15 is worth about 1500 points while the FIRST pick in round 2 is worth around 550 points. Huge difference and if you board reads like that , you have to go with it.

Also , just for the record the Colts pretty much used the rest of the draft on defense. 

So you feel BPA justifies that pick? What if Winston was there, would you have taken a QB? Picking a WR at that spot was the most head scratching pick of the draft. That being said, the rest of your draft seemed pretty good although not sure you have anyone on that Dline that is impactful.

Here's what the people that put their money where their mouths are think about Houston stopping the Colts in 2015.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

Weren't both games decided by one score last year with Luck only putting up 17 in the second game? I think O'Brien is doing a pretty good job but until he gets a legit QB who very well may be Mallett or Savage than the Colts will win the division. Don't think anyone is arguing that but to insinuate the Texans are basing their draft on the Colts and not trying to get better is just silly especially for a board like this that has some pretty savvy football minds.

So you feel BPA justifies that pick? What if Winston was there, would you have taken a QB? Picking a WR at that spot was the most head scratching pick of the draft. That being said, the rest of your draft seemed pretty good although not sure you have anyone on that Dline that is impactful.

I think the QB position is viewed a little differently since you normally play only 1 in a formation... geez... c'mon now .. let's not be silly. Anyway if you need further explanation , teams often employ 3 WR's in the same formation and teams cannot afford to spend like 35 -40 mill of cap money on the QB position , which is what you would be doing by pairing Luck with Winston.

LOL... hope that helps. Always did have fun posting with you.