Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst 1st rounder selection

Dorsett to the colts nothing wrong with him just not needed here

That is definitely not the worst pick in the 1st, I agree it wasn't needed but the Colts picked a very good player in the 1st. The selection of Ereck Flowers that early was terrible, the Skins reaching for Scherff at 5 and passing on Leonard Williams was terrible. The trade the Broncos made to move up and get Ray was terrible. The selections of Shaq Thompson, Breshad Perriman and Arik Armstead were bad picks as well IMO. I think we were a ways from the worst pick.

That is definitely not the worst pick in the 1st, I agree it wasn't needed but the Colts picked a very good player in the 1st. The selection of Ereck Flowers that early was terrible, the Skins reaching for Scherff at 5 and passing on Leonard Williams was terrible. The trade the Broncos made to move up and get Ray was terrible. The selections of Shaq Thompson, Breshad Perriman and Arik Armstead were bad picks as well IMO. I think we were a ways from the worst pick.

well the position we were in as a team makes us look pretty stupid our D gets destroyed and then we run our and get a WR in the 1st that's really gonna show the Pats run game

well the position we were in as a team makes us look pretty stupid our D gets destroyed and then we run our and get a WR in the 1st that's really gonna show the Pats run game

Looking at what the media was saying it sounds like the other teams weren't laughing at us. Sounds like they know we took a really good player. I get why it was confusing, and why you were mad day one, but Grigs is coming back with some solid picks the last 3 rounds and all of them are defensive.

Looking at what the media was saying it sounds like the other teams weren't laughing at us. Sounds like they know we took a really good player. I get why it was confusing, and why you were mad day one, but Grigs is coming back with some solid picks the last 3 rounds and all of them are defensive.

like I said in another thread the picks after the 1st won't make our 1st rounder any less stupid but I'm glad we are still getting good players

like I said in another thread the picks after the 1st won't make our 1st rounder any less stupid but I'm glad we are still getting good players

Fair enough I guess there is no changing your mind on our 1st round pick that is fine I get it. No problem there I get why most people are mad as it didn't fill a big need for us. I guess I am all for BPA and with Dorsett being so far ahead of every other player on the board I am perfectly fine with the pick just my opinion.

Fair enough I guess there is no changing your mind on our 1st round pick that is fine I get it. No problem there I get why most people are mad as it didn't fill a big need for us. I guess I am all for BPA and with Dorsett being so far ahead of every other player on the board I am perfectly fine with the pick just my opinion.

no problem I'm not trying to change anyone's mind about it I just won't ever like that pick and it's nothing against Dorsett

Cameron Erving needs to be in the discussion. He is a best fit at C and they already have a pro bowler there in Alex Mack for the Browns. Dorsett was a little of a reach too but Erving was probably a worse pick considering it was 19 overall.

So who would your pick in the first have been ?  Without that info we won't be able to really rub your nose in some poop if Dorsett turns out to be great. So et's have it and we'll revisit next year.

So who would your pick in the first have been ? Without that info we won't be able to really rub your nose in some poop if Dorsett turns out to be great. So et's have it and we'll revisit next year.

any of the Defensive players with a 1st round grade

nearly everyone brown who the pats took would be great Kendricks the ILB hell even an OT could help more then a WR

Fair enough. That was my thinking too. We'll compare Dorsett to the plodding DT the Pats selected in round one . That was supposedly the steal of the draft and a "need pick" for the Colts. Then we'll give you Kendricks to boot. We'll revisit in December.

If you went to every teams boards and tallied the discontent, it would be unanimous....all 32 were the worse. But since I reside here, it is the WR we took in the first round. The hatred was epic...and that doesn't wash away two days later. 

Ogbuehi was a pretty risky pick at 21 imo. The dudes got an injury history and didn't exactly have a good season in '14. Physical traits are definitely there and I'm not saying it was the worst pick, but it was definitely risky.

Must also mention Ray why would you move up to get him when he prolly would have fell to you in the first place

Because you didn't know he'd get past Baltimore and you gave up little?

Ray was a Top-15 guy Denver got late....if he's not a weed head..that's one of the best picks

Good point to mention....you probably have to take drafts as a whole and not separate them from the other picks..

The Bears needed 'D' and took a WR..first but they got some 'D' later

Good point to mention....you probably have to take drafts as a whole and not separate them from the other picks..

The Bears needed 'D' and took a WR..first but they got some 'D' later

Yeah you have to take a draft as a whole not just one pick or that is how I look at it. Da Bears is a good example too.