Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dustin

Draft Day 3 Thread

Did we just trade up for Parry?

Don't know, but we got him. If some of these guys work out, there's a whole lot of contrition due to Grigs by many here, including myself. 

David Parry DT another Stanford guy.

Is that 2 or 3 Stanford guys this draft? 

Indy should have the smartest team in the NFL....    and that does equate to success historically.   hehehee

haha, maybe it was Clemmings?

I think it was Mort who said it.

Yeah Mayock said the same exact thing then because he also said many teams took Clemmings completely off the board because of the injury.

2 thus far I think.  Henry Anderson and now this guy.  Both from their DLine.

Stanford Alums have got to be huge Colts fans by this point. 

I'm guessing we moved one of our 6's to move-up to take Parry.

I'm going to be brutally honest,  I simply don't understand the pick?  

He's not a scheme fit for the Colts.    6'1" and just under 310.   And he's maxed out.    Hard to see him getting much bigger.

Have the Colts ever had a DL on their roster the last 3 years this small?

Doesn't have long arms.     He's a 4-3  3-Tech at the NFL level.

I love the kid and he's picked in the right spot -- 5th round -- I just don't understand why the Colts took him?

Traded our 5th 165th and a 7th 244th to move up with SF 151st.

I'm good with that. 

Did we really need to trade up for this guy? Everywhere I've looked nobody thought he'd go before the 7th round. I'm cool with it though.

I'm going to be brutally honest,  I simply don't understand the pick?  

He's not a scheme fit for the Colts.    6'1" and just under 310.   And he's maxed out.    Hard to see him getting much bigger.

Doesn't have long arms.     He's a 4-3  3-Tech at the NFL level.

I love the kid and he's picked in the right spot -- 5th round -- I just don't understand why the Colts took him?

Only gave up a 7th.

Nothing much of substance on this guy to be found in terms of video clips.  Doesn't make me feel too good.  lol

At least 5 guys from Stanford drafted this year, with the Colts drafting 2 of them.

Also why'd we take this guy over Christian Covington? Unless he was already drafted.

Also I guess we're ok at RB /:

Did we really need to trade up for this guy? Everywhere I've looked nobody thought he'd go before the 7th round. I'm cool with it though.

No

Nothing much of substance on this guy to be found in terms of video clips.  Doesn't make me feel too good.  lol

There wasn't much for Jonathan Newsome last year in the 5th round  either, and we see how that turned out.

Only gave up a 7th.

No looks like we also swapped 5th's with San Fran.  Not sure that I really like this particular move.  Seems like someone who we probably could have snagged in the 7th or signed as an UDRFA.

Also why'd we take this guy over Christian Covington? Unless he was already drafted.

Covington is too small.    Sub-300.   

To be honest not many of this draft class will make this team....       Maybe 4 or 5     So......     take flyers on guys?   

L COLLINS

I don't understand it either, I would of rather had Christian Covington or Terry Williams, but hopefully Parry is solid.

The trade tells me our FO really wanted him. Looks like a natural run stuffer. 

Then you weren't looking in the same places I was....   5th/6th round on ESPN and NFL.com

Bad pick for rd 5 even more so with who's still available

Does Griggs know what a NT looks like

I expected a slew of OL picks in these later rounds, but that BPA rules all I suppose. 

Hmmmmmmm....I think the gang in the war room is already suffering from Draft Fatigue...this one makes no sense for us.

I'm going to be brutally honest, I simply don't understand the pick?

He's not a scheme fit for the Colts. 6'1" and just under 310. And he's maxed out. Hard to see him getting much bigger.

Doesn't have long arms. He's a 4-3 3-Tech at the NFL level.

From reading about him they say he plays verypowerfully for his size and explodes into offensive linemen.Hes always the low man. And they say he can handle two gap duties despite his size. Hes powerful. And they scouts say they are unsure he can add more bulk. Not that he can't.

NCF is Parry quick?   maybe the Colts are looking to do more slanting like when Dungy was here....     

Short quick guys are GREAT for that type D

To be clear...

Stanford plays a 3-4 base defense....   but there's a difference between playing on the nose in college at 300-305 and trying to play the nose in the NFL at 310 which is where he is now.   He's a fire hydrant.    A smaller Josh Chapman.

Parry is a great kid.    Former walk-on.   Earned a scholarship.    Warrior on the field.    Tough, hard nosed, even a bit nasty on the field.     I just don't see the fit with the Colts.

I confess,   this one is a big head scratcher for me....    :scratch:         :dunno:

p.s. --   clearly we wanted him.    We traded our 7 to move up to get him.    I look forward to hearing from Grigson and Pagano about their plan for Parry.

Hmmmmmmm....I think the gang in the war room is already suffering from Draft Fatigue...this one makes no sense for us.

It makes no sense to YOU. probably just because he's not a big name and he's not 330+ lbs.

I kinda like the pick. Stephen Paea 2.0, probably good for 25 tackls, 4-6 sacks a year in a rotational 1-gap role.

Best case scenario - Kyle Williams.

Whatever... it's round 5  ,,,,,   Robert Mathis's don't pop up eery year......     about every 10