Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top Remaining Picks to Start Saturday's Day Four...

....  this from Gil Brandt at the NFL Network....   I'll post others as I find them...  

But,  the most important thing to note...   that trade DOWN that so many here HATED, moved the Colts UP 19 spots.    Instead of drafting 29th tomorrow,  we draft 10th.  

How's that trade looking now?!?

Click and check it out.    Lots of interesting name and the Colts are going to get one of them in the 4th.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489095/article/2015-nfl-draft-best-remaining-prospects

I would be perfectly happy with Grady Jarrett, Adrian Amos, or Tre' Jackson. I just would stay away from Clemmings at all costs sounds like his injury is pretty extensive with what Mayock said. I guess multiple teams have completely removed him from their draft boards because of it.

Colts need an OT...time for either la'el Collins or tj clemmings

Collins said if he did not get picked in round 2 or 3 that he was not signing with any team this year. Might want to switch that name real quick before you get made fun of. ;)

Collins said if he did not get picked in round 2 or 3 that he was not signing with any team this year. Might want to switch that name real quick before you get made fun of. ;)

I seen where he said that also, but I wonder if a team called him in the 4th and told him they were wanting to draft him if he would change his tune?  I bet he would.

that trade DOWN that so many here HATED, moved the Colts UP 19 spots.    Instead of drafting 29th tomorrow,  we draft 10th.  

How's that trade looking now?!?

Huh?  I don't recall seeing a single complaint about the trade.. only praise.  Maybe I was on different threads.

Huh?  I don't recall seeing a single complaint about the trade.. only praise.  Maybe I was on different threads.

I think there were several threads about it....

The one I posted in had all sorts of posts ripping Grigson for trading down...  

I seen where he said that also, but I wonder if a team called him in the 4th and told him they were wanting to draft him if he would change his tune?  I bet he would.

I don't know man. This kid was expecting to be a first round pick. Any call he gets now would be a slap in the face.

I don't know man. This kid was expecting to be a first round pick. Any call he gets now would be a slap in the face.

I agree he would have to swallow some pride and compared to a round 1 contract he is out quite a bit of money, but the contract difference between round 3 (which he was willing) and 4 isn't really that much, plus not being round one he avoids the option year ... so if he sits out a year and than is taken in round one he has essentially added 2 more years before he can get that first FA contract. I can definitely see him sitting out, but I think a good argument could be made for him to go ahead and get in the league.  It's tough spot (and choice) for him, got to feel bad for the guy if he had nothing to do with the crime.  

I think collins will go to a team as a udfa for a year then look for a big contract like he would have gotten in the 1st round

Not allowed. He's tied to the rookie wage scale his first three seasons. Can't play one year and then get a fat deal.

Well he better get what he can then i can see comp 7th rounder being used just to get the rights to him

I agree, if the NFL doesn't make some sort of ruling or announcement on him some team will draft him with a low pick (maybe us since we have the next to last pick) and sit on his rights even if he refuses to sign.

I agree, if the NFL doesn't make some sort of ruling or announcement on him some team will draft him with a low pick (maybe us since we have the next to last pick) and sit on his rights even if he refuses to sign.

I hope us

Campbell in the 4th would be a steal

That's what I'm thinking as well. But isn't Cody Prewitt still available? Surprisingly there are still some nice options at safety. Derron Smith is still available as is Adrian Amos and Clayton Geathers. Anthony Harris is still there but I expected him to be there.

Which of those 6 are strong safeties and which sre free?

In looking at positional rankings on CBS (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings)

Here's how it looks for remaining safeties up through 5th to 6th round prospects:

FREE SAFETY OUTLOOK

Rank Player *. *. Rank School Class Ht. Wt. Proj. Round               77 Adrian Amos FS 2 Penn State Sr 6-0 218 2-3 110 Derron Smith FS 3 Fresno State rSr 5-10 200 3-4 130 Cody Prewitt FS 4 Ole Miss Sr 6-2 208 4 148 Kurtis Drummond FS 5 Michigan State rSr 6-1 208 4-5 157 *Durell Eskridge FS 6 Syracuse rJr 6-3 208 4-5 184 *Gerod Holliman FS 7 Louisville rJr 6-0 218 5-6

STRONG SAFETY OUTLOOK

Rank Player *. *. Rank School Class Ht. Wt. Proj. Round   119 *James Sample SS 3 Louisville rJr 6-2 209 3-4 127 Ibraheim Campbell SS 4 Northwestern rSr 5-11 208 4 149 Clayton Geathers SS 5 UCF rSr 6-2 218 4-5 177 Anthony Jefferson SS 6 UCLA rSr 6-1 198 5-6

There are a number of teams picking before us in the 4th who need safeties, including TEN (1st & 9th), JAX (4th), WAS (6th), and CHI (7th).  Fanspeak has updated their mock board and I've run a couple simulations.  While it would be tempting to take DT Grady Jarrett if available, there are plenty of DTs left in the draft.  The simulator saw safeties fly off the board in the 4th. 

It's a long stretch between our pick at 109 and the next one at 165, so if it's a safety we're after, we'd better take him first (especially considering that we probably need one each of SS and FS).  Some players not listed here like Josh Shaw can play safety but are listed simply as corners or simply DB.

In looking at positional rankings on CBS (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings)

Here's how it looks for remaining safeties up through 5th to 6th round prospects:

FREE SAFETY OUTLOOK

Rank

Player

*. Rank

School

Class

Ht.

Wt.

Proj. Round

Adrian Amos

FS

Penn State

Sr

6-0

2-3

Derron Smith

FS

Fresno State

rSr

5-10

3-4

Cody Prewitt

FS

Ole Miss

Sr

6-2

Kurtis Drummond

FS

Michigan State

rSr

6-1

4-5

*Durell Eskridge

FS

Syracuse

rJr

6-3

4-5

*Gerod Holliman

FS

Louisville

rJr

6-0

5-6

STRONG SAFETY OUTLOOK

Rank

Player

*. Rank

School

Class

Ht.

Wt.

Proj. Round

*James Sample

SS

Louisville

rJr

6-2

3-4

Ibraheim Campbell

SS

Northwestern

rSr

5-11

Clayton Geathers

SS

UCF

rSr

6-2

4-5

Anthony Jefferson

SS

UCLA

rSr

6-1

5-6

There are a number of teams picking before us in the 4th who need safeties, including TEN (1st & 9th), JAX (4th), WAS (6th), and CHI (7th).  Fanspeak has updated their mock board and I've run a couple simulations.  While it would be tempting to take DT Grady Jarrett if available, there are plenty of DTs left in the draft.  The simulator saw safeties fly off the board in the 4th. 

It's a long stretch between our pick at 109 and the next one at 165, so if it's a safety we're after, we'd better take him first (especially considering that we probably need one each of SS and FS).  Some players not listed here like Josh Shaw can play safety but are listed simply as corners or simply DB.

Wow thanks

I think ss is our biggest need so campbell in the 4th, if hes gone anyone of the first 3 fs in the fourth and go for geathers later on. I agree that we need one of each we could trade up and take amos and campbell both in the fourth