Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeterBowman

Round 2 and 3 thread

Now Mel Kiper I find to be a joke.

We'll it's debatable, lol none the less both Gruden and Kiper were in the video together seeming to like him.  It's a positive at least, we'll just keep it at that hahah.   

We wanted someone to help in the run game and we got one...he just plays corner is all. I HATE missed tackles...seems like this Smith kid can and is willing to do that. Gives us great depth at corner. Remember toler is a free agent next year....Johnson is here for only a couple years....we are looking LONG term here guys. Free agency is to get players to help TODAY....draft is for tomorrow.

If we go RB, Ajayi or Cobb would be great.

Ajayi is well regarded for his receiving skills out of the backfield.  Adding him to our offensive arsenal would be down right nasty!  Offense for days.  lol

Eli Harold, that's a solid pick.

What's up with Clemmings?

Injury concerns. He has a stress fracture in his foot. He'll be a steal for whoever gets him. 

Been mocking Mike Davis to the Colts in the 3rd for weeks. 

Eli Harold, that's a solid pick.

What's up with Clemmings?

Head scratcher. Maybe a serious injury?

Vikings traded back twice in this round, acquiring more picks. They really need protection for Teddy. I wonder if they would take a chance with La'el Collins. Probably not, considering the AP fiasco. I would take him. The two guys drafted are high character guys.

Maybe Clemmings...

I like someone from the Davis family, but its Carl Davis.

I love that video. Gruden is so hilarious, very entertaining with actual football information.

Regardless of whether I agree with him on a particular topic, I like Gruden because he's always very thorough explaining why he likes a guy or a play or a strategy or whatever.  A lot of draft guys will just repeat a bunch of checked boxes, like "this guy has a lot of athleticism" or "this guy has a frame that's too small" or something.  Gruden will actually go and talk about particular things a player will be asked to do in the NFL and discuss how he thinks that guy's attributes and skills will affect how he performs his role, and he'll pepper in a few stories while he's at it.

So, like I said, maybe I don't always agree with him, but I can always appreciate and understand his reasoning.

I like Mauldin

Mauldin is the good version of Erik Walden. 

Almighty Dustin, I'm going to give you a 1.52% chance on this one.

Injury concerns. He has a stress fracture in his foot. He'll be a steal for whoever gets him. 

I am aware of the foot issue. But a stress fracture in the foot should not have dropped him that far. There is probably something more. 

Vikings traded back twice in this round, acquiring more picks. They really need protection for Teddy. I wonder if they would take a chance with La'el Collins. Probably not, considering the AP fiasco. I would take him. The two guys drafted are high character guys.

Maybe Clemmings...

Collins is now in a place where taking him makes big time sense. A first round talent at this point is worth it. Do the Colts take a chance and get their RT of the future?

Take La'El Collins. Pls.

Not yet. One more round.

Ajayi has chronic knee issues that will end his career sooner rather than later. I'd like to think we'd take Dawson or Jarett if they're there, but we'd most likely get O'Leary, TE FSU...It would be great, just to read the meltdown.

Almighty Dustin, I'm going to give you a 1.52% chance on this one.

That high?  Out of the the hundreds of mocks, I'd be surprised if anyone gets into Grigs head for a single pick.

I'm not going to lie. We're getting to the point where two potential first rounders might fall to us. TJ Clemmings and Paul Dawson.

Grigson, if they're there, MAKE ONE A COLT!

Craig Mager just got drafted. Wanted him but it would have been repetitive now that we have Smith.

Not yet. One more round.

He won't sign after this round. He'll re-apply to the next draft.

That high?  Out of the the hundreds of mocks, I'd be surprised if anyone gets into Grigs head for a single pick.

ok fine, retracting to 0.000000000009176

There are eight picks in front of us. What are the chances TJ Clemmings, Paul Dawson, AND La'el Collins all get taken. One of these NEED to be our third rounder

Could we call his bluff?

I'm not going to lie. We're getting to the point where two potential first rounders might fall to us. TJ Clemmings and Paul Dawson.

Grigson, if they're there, MAKE ONE A COLT!

There has to be more going on with Clemmings for him to drop this far. A foot injury sucks, but it doesn't match this fall.

Carl Davis, Collins, or P.J Williams. All 1st round talent that's still available. The Colts need to get one. 

The Saints took PJ

He might not sign if we take him now.