Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Round 2 and 3 thread

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24801603/meet-the-prospect-underrated-florida-atlantic-cb-djoun-smith

“D'Joun had the stats last year that forced you to take notice...He shines in two areas that I think are essential for the league: the ability to function at a high level after making mistakes and the talent to turn into a wide receiver and play the ball when it's in his orbit.” – AFC North scout

You can't tell me this cat is rated higher that Coleman on Grigs board

He may be. Grigs may not value RBs after the TR debacle so perhaps they get a positional half-round down grade in the final ranking.

A press CB is probably more important than a RB.

I don't hate the Smith pick.  We need secondary help.  Everything I've read about Smith says he would be a 4th round pick.  He apparently has the raw athletic ability.  Hopefully Pagano can coach him up and make him an elite nickel/slot

No he isn't a 4th round pick. He is much better than that I expected him to go earlier, but at the least he would be a mid-3rd rounder.

I don't care if Indy signs Deion Sanders....     if they can't get to the QB...    IT just doesn't matter. 

OK well see. how plays out...   but dang how long can this team just avoid the DL and OL?   

I'm sorry but that is where GREAT teams start.        06 Colts anyone?

This team will be fun to watch at least.

But...we have no depth behind Davis, Toler, and Butler..our starting nickel Cbs...so we need a CB who can play. Its looks like this kid can.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Not that I would have wanted Coleman right there. But with all the time we spent with him I don't know...

Sometimes you spend a lot of time with the guys you're really not sure about. We may have come to the conclusion that he's just not what we want in a RB.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24801603/meet-the-prospect-underrated-florida-atlantic-cb-djoun-smith

“D'Joun had the stats last year that forced you to take notice...He shines in two areas that I think are essential for the league: the ability to function at a high level after making mistakes and the talent to turn into a wide receiver and play the ball when it's in his orbit.” – AFC North scout

Sounds like a good pick to me.

Pagano could coach him into a good player for sure.

I don't hate the Smith pick.  We need secondary help.  Everything I've read about Smith says he would be a 4th round pick.  He apparently has the raw athletic ability.  Hopefully Pagano can coach him up and make him an elite nickel/slot

Who knows where he would have been picked though.

Hell did you see the major reach New England pulled off in front of us? They reached so hard for Jordan Richards, I think Brady asked for his purse back. According to most big boards, Richards was on the bubble of not being drafted. 

I don't care if Indy signs Deion Sanders....     if they can't get to the QB...    IT just doesn't matter. 

OK well see. how plays out...   but dang how long can this team just avoid the DL and OL?   

Coleman would have helped the pass rush, eh?

Mathis is healthy, Newsome should improved, and we signed Trent Cole this off-season.... We addressed the pass rush. 

Smith will be great depth is Toler or Davis goes down. We can plug Butler in and use Smith as our nickel.

Yes. CB was a need as much as any of the other positions commonly mentioned. Not a high round pick need, but it looks like the Safeties are falling.