Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Round 2 and 3 thread

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We wanted someone to help in the run game and we got one...he just plays corner is all. I HATE missed tackles...seems like this Smith kid can and is willing to do that. Gives us great depth at corner. Remember toler is a free agent next year....Johnson is here for only a couple years....we are looking LONG term here guys. Free agency is to get players to help TODAY....draft is for tomorrow.

Vikings traded back twice in this round, acquiring more picks. They really need protection for Teddy. I wonder if they would take a chance with La'el Collins. Probably not, considering the AP fiasco. I would take him. The two guys drafted are high character guys.

Maybe Clemmings...

I love that video. Gruden is so hilarious, very entertaining with actual football information.

Regardless of whether I agree with him on a particular topic, I like Gruden because he's always very thorough explaining why he likes a guy or a play or a strategy or whatever.  A lot of draft guys will just repeat a bunch of checked boxes, like "this guy has a lot of athleticism" or "this guy has a frame that's too small" or something.  Gruden will actually go and talk about particular things a player will be asked to do in the NFL and discuss how he thinks that guy's attributes and skills will affect how he performs his role, and he'll pepper in a few stories while he's at it.

So, like I said, maybe I don't always agree with him, but I can always appreciate and understand his reasoning.

Injury concerns. He has a stress fracture in his foot. He'll be a steal for whoever gets him. 

I am aware of the foot issue. But a stress fracture in the foot should not have dropped him that far. There is probably something more. 

Vikings traded back twice in this round, acquiring more picks. They really need protection for Teddy. I wonder if they would take a chance with La'el Collins. Probably not, considering the AP fiasco. I would take him. The two guys drafted are high character guys.

Maybe Clemmings...

Collins is now in a place where taking him makes big time sense. A first round talent at this point is worth it. Do the Colts take a chance and get their RT of the future?

Ajayi has chronic knee issues that will end his career sooner rather than later. I'd like to think we'd take Dawson or Jarett if they're there, but we'd most likely get O'Leary, TE FSU...It would be great, just to read the meltdown.

Almighty Dustin, I'm going to give you a 1.52% chance on this one.

That high?  Out of the the hundreds of mocks, I'd be surprised if anyone gets into Grigs head for a single pick.

I'm not going to lie. We're getting to the point where two potential first rounders might fall to us. TJ Clemmings and Paul Dawson.

Grigson, if they're there, MAKE ONE A COLT!

There has to be more going on with Clemmings for him to drop this far. A foot injury sucks, but it doesn't match this fall.