Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would The Vikings Or Rams Even Take Andrew Luck With The 1St Overall Pick?

Let's say the Vikings or Rams do end up with the 1st overall pick. What would they do with it? I'm not so sure they'd use it on Luck. Both Christian Ponder (Vikings) and Sam Bradford (Rams) were taken in the 1st round. Sam Bradford was even taken 1st overall! Both are young QB's, so it's difficult to judge their development, especially Christian Ponder, who was drafted just last year off a tumultuous lock-out period where QB's weren't even able to contact their coaches for an extended period of time.

Personally, I say they either trade the pick or just go with an entirely different player altogether. Granted, the Colts are also set at QB with Peyton Manning, but at least Manning is close to retirement consideration and coming off a lingering neck injury, so we have a stronger excuse to take Luck than the Vikings or Rams do.

If they were smart, they would hold the pick/player hostage until the Colts, Dolphins, or Redskins gave up a lot to get it/him.

Yeah the Rams would do this.. Although we both want the Colts to do this.. To the OP I think Vikings would trade Ponder and take Luck in all seriousness.... Marcelis Willey said on NFL Live today he would trade the pick if he were the Colts! Finally someone see's it our way!

Vikings and rams will trade the pick for sure. personally i think that would be the smart decision because of the ransom. the 2nd pick might also get traded because it looks like only rg3 will be left. barkley is staying and rumor is so will jones. the 2nd pick ransom wont be as big but it will still look enticing to the rams/vikings.

The value for Luck is so high! I just cannot fathom why the Colts would not consider this! Especially if Danny-O can continue to develop in the Colts offense, maybe he could be the back-up until the Colts have the right place right time to draft Manning's replacement! Danny-O looked decent so far, especially in his limited time in the Colts offense and starting in the NFL for that matter! That means a project/ development could be delayed, and the Colts could trade the pick... I don't understand why Polian would already rule that out!