Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

And NE takes the big STUD DT....

and Indy a 4th string WR...

That is the difference between winning and losing...  

Seriously...  the absolute deepest position on the team?  

WoW..      IDK...  anymore..    lots of weapons but..   WOW...

The entire staff is on ALERT..        the entire ORGanization...     

I just dont get this pick.     at all..    not at all..        

RB OK, OL OK, BUT D is where this team LACKS....        SIGH....

WOW...   oh well .. .   lets see how it plays out?

Bellichick must've had a draftgasm when he saw Grigs blunder like this. 

I had Brown picked as my #2 option for our pick going in, there he was....... and the Hoody gets him. The same cat that ran it down our throats in the AFCCG. 

Kudos to New England for having good sense. So much for them losing Wilfork.  lol

I have lost a lot of faith in Grigs today.  One of the stupidest picks by the Colts that I've seen in awhile.  Dorsey will be a nice player at a luxury position but there were good players on the board that really would have helped us on the defensive line and at safety.  Two big needs. 

I miss Polian...at least he knew how to draft for scheme and actually added talents like Freeney, Mathis and Sanders to our defense. 

the Colts picked into their deepest position.....    ???   WHY    TY, Moncrief, AJ, Carter?   Seriouisly?

Oh and Allen and Fleener....   at TE?   I guess Indy takes Maxx W at TE in the second for "value" ?   Stupid pick.  

Dorsett will be a playmaker for us.....far from being a 4th string wr. Relax....we still have eight picks to go.

Andrew won't live down not being able to beat Brady. I thought we got rid of Polian...?

Griggs is worse than Polian ever was.  At least Polian managed to draft a solid offensive line and a few defensive stars in his time as GM.  Griggs hasn't proven able to do as much to this point. 

Right ON ...  LUXURY position...      sigh..   I honestly can't believe they did this.

Kudos to New England for having good sense. So much for them losing Wilfork.  lol

I have lost a lot of faith in Grigs today.  One of the stupidest picks by the Colts that I've seen in awhile.  Dorsey will be a nice player at a luxury position but there were good players on the board that really would have helped us on the defensive linearrow-10x10.png and at safety.  Two big needs. 

I miss Polian...at least he knew how to draft for scheme and actually added talents like Freeney, Mathis and Sanders to our defense. 

Griggs is worse than Polian ever was.  At least Polian managed to draft a solid offensive line and a few defensive stars in his time as GM.  Griggs hasn't proven able to do as much to this point. 

You're right.  3 playoff appearances in 3 years after a total rebuild is terrible.  Not to mention an AFC title game appearance. 

Griggs is worse than Polian ever was. At least Polian managed to draft a solid offensive line and a few defensive stars in his time as GM. Griggs hasn't proven able to do as much to this point.

I am willing to see the oline this year. They seemed to get going a bit in the playoffs finally. But also I want to see the next picks and see just how crazy our Gm really is.

They should have drafted Brown, huge mistake by Grigson. Langford and Jones are average, Brown has star potential and can pass rush. Gregory even with the red flags made more sense then Dorsett. This could be Grigson's last year if we lose to the Patriots again.

You're right.  3 playoff appearances in 3 years after a total rebuild is terrible.  Not to mention an AFC title game appearance. 

Please....Polian got us to the playoffs basically every year as well and has a Super Bowl trophy to boot.  Talk to me after Griggs gets one of those.  

Please....Polian got us to the playoffs basically every year as well and has a Super Bowl trophy to boot.  Talk to me after Griggs gets one of those.  

Polian was just on the air on ESPN.

He loved the Dorsett pick.  Said the Colts now have an elite WR corps.  He mentioned that Dorsett (4.27 40) was faster than Hilton.  Also said that with Dorsett, the Colts have found a world-class kickoff/punt returner. 

He loved the Dorsett pick.  Said the Colts now have an elite WR corps.  He mentioned that Dorsett (4.27 40) was faster than Hilton.  Also said that with Dorsett, the Colts have found a world-class kickoff/punt returner. 

Dorsey is a good player.  Not saying he isn't.  Just that he was a luxory pick at a position that was already a strength.  We have some real defensive needs and really were not in the position to make a luxory pick with our first round pick.  We have the oldest starting defense in the NFL.  Our defense is virtually devoid of young defensive talent.  Too many of our draft picks are going to offense...mostly to skill positions which are already strengths of this team.  At least build upon the OLine to protect Luck if they wanted to go offense again in the first round.

He loved the Dorsett pick. Said the Colts now have an elite WR corps. He mentioned that Dorsett (4.27 40) was faster than Hilton. Also said that with Dorsett, the Colts have found a world-class kickoff/punt returner.

I get a little worried about stud WRs returning kickoffs, I'd just cringe if an injury happened.

Dorsey is a good player.  Not saying he isn't.  Just that he was a luxory pick at a position that was already a strength.  We have some real defensive needs and really were not in the position to make a luxory pick with our first round pick.  We have the oldest starting defensive in the NFL.  Our defense is virtually devoid of young defensive talent.  Too many of our draft picks are going to offense...mostly to skill positions which are already strengths of this team.  At least build the OLine to protect Luck if want to go offense in the first round.

Those are all reasonable points my friend.

If we haven't managed to address those needs by the end of the draft, I'll be disappointed.

I just like to wait until the draft is over.  Dorsett is a very good value proposition and that's why I'm excited (I'm also excited because I've seen the kid in person and he's electric on the field).  We picked up a future starting WR and a kickoff/punt returner.

I think the hysteria here is way too overblown....

First,  Brown is a 1-gap DT,  and not a 2-gap DT.    Polian said he's not a 2-gap fit.    But Goldman is....

Second,  Dorsett,  while not addressing a need,  is a very good player.   This 4th string WR stuff is pure nonsense.  

I would've preferred Goldman,  but Dorsett can play....   and, just as we all love Hilton,  we'll grow to love Dorsett too.

Those are all reasonable points my friend.

If we haven't managed to address those needs by the end of the draft, I'll be disappointed.

I just like to wait until the draft is over.  Dorsett is a very good value proposition and that's why I'm excited (I'm also excited because I've seen the kid in person and he's electric on the field).  We picked up a future starting WR and a kickoff/punt returner.

I'm still upset with Griggs but it is what it is.  You're right...can only see what else they do from here on out.  On my way to YouTube to watch some clips of this guy to hopefully make me feel a little better so I can sleep tonight.  But unless I see him pluggin up the whole in the middle of our Dline I don't really expect that to happen tonight.  It will take the Colts having a really solid draft from here on out.

I say just trade TY or Fleener for a high 2nd rnd pick to a NFC team.

We have too many wrs.

But this is why the Pats are better than us.

Pats have 1 WR, we got 8 and they've WASHED us everytime for the past 3 years. Who's philosophy working better?

I almost fell off my seat when the Colts did not pick Brown. Then I prayed he would be there at 32 for us. This is very reminiscent of when the Pats got Wilfork at #21 back in 2004. Brown is his replacement and has tremendous versatility.

Why did the Colts take a WR? By far the most surprising pick of round one. The draft is loaded at WR.

:lol:

Post of the Year man

Some here will hate me for that, but I'm just keeping my sense of humor. Grigs, for all his mistakes, has given us some gems and he stocked our team with players capable of going one step deeper into the playoffs every year. 

I'm hoping for a move tonight, something to jump up and grab an early 2nd rounder. Either way, I expect some DL/OL reaches tonight. 

Either way, that old classic Snoop song immediately came to mind when I saw that pic. 

I think the hysteria here is way too overblown....

First,  Brown is a 1-gap DT,  and not a 2-gap DT.    Polian said he's not a 2-gap fit.    But Goldman is....

Second,  Dorsett,  while not addressing a need,  is a very good player.   This 4th string WR stuff is pure nonsense.  

I would've preferred Goldman,  but Dorsett can play....   and, just as we all love Hilton,  we'll grow to love Dorsett too.

My guy fell just as I had seen and we failed to take him.  Dorsett may end up fantastic.  

If Brown compared favorably to Arthur Jones....he should be a Colt today.  A WR blew my mind....seriously blew my mind.