Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Phillip Dorsett 29 [Mega Merge]

Dorsett wasn't even the best WR available. 

Very clearly he was not only the best WR on the Colts' board but the BPA regardless of position - and by a large margin given needs elsewhere.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Griggs just * away our first round pick on the position that we needed the least help with.  I can't believe he picked a wide receiver in the first round with all our defensive needs along the line and at safety .  Never in a million years man.  And the Pats just took Malcolm Brown DT from Texas.  And we wonder why we can't beat those guys.  Unbelievable.

R-E-L-A-X

Andre Johnson is old. There is a reason Houston was ok letting him go. Moncrief is still raw. Duron Carter...who cares...totally unproven.

Dorset looks like a stud. Grigs obviously felt he was by far BPA. I'm excited about this guy.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 1, 2015 - complaining about moderation
Hidden by Nadine, May 1, 2015 - complaining about moderation

This is why this forum is one of the worst in the entire league. The Colts deserve a better one.

Hey, this draft is loaded with 2nd and 3rd round wideouts.

Packers get Damarious Randall and Patriots probably snag Malcolm Brown, just watch

There's a reason Patriots haven't selected first round wideouts for a long time

Patriots got Malcolm Brown :(

Very clearly he was not only the best WR on the Colts' board but the BPA regardless of position - and by a large margin given needs elsewhere.

Yeah, Grigson is pretty terrible. 

Ya but we have no NT that is any good and no SS that is any good and need a better O-line and he comes away with this.

Hopefully Hughes or Chapman can develop into something, we can still get a quality player in round 2 and 3 that can be expected to contribute next season. Its not like round 1 is the only chance we have to get quality players. 

even if he turns into the next Marvin Harrison it don't mean it wasn't a stupid pick we literally have WRs falling out of our *

I disagree. This pick sets us at WR for a long time. 

Grigson did what he said he would do. He stuck to his board. It was a good pick.

How many points did our colts score in the second half of the AFC champ game? 0. Nobody could get open at all. Thats why the d fell apart. They were on the field to whole half. Why does nobody remember this? If the offense can keep on the field and score points, it helps the d.

Before the draft: "We should take the best player available!"

After the first round: Fire Grigson for taking the BPA because he's a WR!

He's not the BPA

and you have to be smart

If the BPA was a QB should we take him with the intention to play him? No. This was dumb.

Yeah why bother to fix problems with best players available?? I'm surprised we didn't draft a backup QB with the 29th pick. Pats sit back with the LAST pick in the draft and get the #12 ranked player and a position we needed to fill. 

How many points did our colts score in the second half of the AFC champ game? 0. Nobody could get open at all. Thats why the d fell apart. They were on the field to whole half. Why does nobody remember this? If the offense can keep on the field and score points, it helps the d.

That Patriots team also had Revis and Browner. Now they're starting UDFAs at CB.

If Dorsett magically makes us score 83 points despite our defense sucking then I'll eat crow

(Won't happen)

We have much greater needs than WR.  Dorsett may very well end up being a great player, but we need other positions filled.

Need for when? If we are drafting for need this season then the season is already a bust.

We drafted for a need over the next few years. Now that need is filled, and that need will be full of experience in our offense when we really need him.

Dude is going to light the NFL up. 

I have been on this board since 2005. Very few members EVER like our first round pick.

For good reason since Grigs has been here.  If Luck hadn't been the most obvious #1 pick maybe ever, he'd have screwed that up too!