Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Their defense isn't gonna be on the field much if they run the ball down our throats

Our offense gave them the ball back every 90 seconds at their own 40 because we didn't have anybody on O outside of TY who could run faster than a 5.1 40

That's how a running team scores 45 points on you.

You're not getting it! Its NOT...NOT according to need!!! Its BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!!! Thats the fundamental flaw alot of people have. They base their thoughts and projections on need. Thats not how it works though.

And I'll call nonsense on that. There's no * way Dorsett is BPA, unless every other pundit in the world is way off, and Grigson is the Yoda of talent evaluation, and I have my doubts about that based on previous drafts.

And even if you pick BPA, there will be some position(s) that you would probably still not pick at, because that's where you have plenty of talent. You wouldn't pick a QB if he was BPA, would you? Why pick a WR, when you're already loaded?

Especially when there are higher graded players at positions you're not well set at, like DL, OL and S, and there was.

But hey, why not let the Patriots pick up Malcolm Brown.. The Hoodie is of course completely clueless, right?

You gotta think...Carter is no guarantee at all. He's got alot to prove. And Andre will be here a maybe 2 years. After that we have Hilton and Moncrief so another option at WR isn't a bad thing really. Is it our biggest need? No way!!! But its not about that. That's what people fail to understand.

I don't mind adding a good WR. It's just where we picked him and who else was available. Hopefully tomorrow is a much better day.

Our offense gave them the ball back every 90 seconds at their own 40 because we didn't have anybody on O who could run faster than a 5.1 40

That's how a running team scores 45 points on you.

So a rookie receiver who isn't even the best at his position would keep our drives alive? You have high expectations for him...

Thing is..Brown, Phillips, Goldman and Collins are all still on the board at the end of the 2nd. Unless the Pats selct one of them. So there is a chance one will be there in the 2nd when we pick.

They did take Brown. And we could of had him.

Love the player....see him being a big part of our offense down the road but I know there were some really good players out there. Clear that grigson can draft great filthy fast small wrs with deshan Jackson, TY, and Dorsett. I agree with some others that you typically don't take 1 dimensional players in the first Rd....the talent was at Wr...so we took that. Interesting to see what we do in the 2nd. I thought we might take a wr but later like in the middle rest. Can't imagine what this board will look like tomorrow.

Geez guys, calm down. Let's see what happens with the next 8 picks.

...and Dorsett was probably picked to also help the return game.

...and we need to give the kid a break and not poop all over the pick

...and he talks to Reggie a lot

...and he works out with Andre down there

Love the player....see him being a big part of our offense down the road but I know there were some really good players out there. Clear that grigson can draft great filthy fast small wrs with deshan Jackson, TY, and Dorsett. I agree with some others that you typically don't take 1 dimensional players in the first Rd....the talent was at Wr...so we took that. Interesting to see what we do in the 2nd. I thought we might take a wr but later like in the middle rest. Can't imagine what this board will look like tomorrow.

Baltimore riots

I will say this....after reading the ESPN article on how Belichick takes advantage of other GMs reaching in the draft every year, did we just see it again? We go for a WR that may or may not be needed...and he takes a player that will probably be their NT for the next 10 years, after we pass on him. He does this every year.

Picking a D Lineman alone would not change the Patriots running all over us, They ran all over us primarily because the scheme they employed to run the ball was near genius

Ok then maybe it would be a respectable loss instead of another embarrassing one we have to live with for 8 months.

And I'll call nonsense on that. There's no * way Dorsett is BPA, unless every other pundit in the world is way off, and Grigson is the Yoda of talent evaluation, and I have my doubts about that based on previous drafts.

And even if you pick BPA, there will be some position(s) that you would probably still not pick at, because that's where you have plenty of talent. You wouldn't pick a QB if he was BPA, would you? Why pick a WR, when you're already loaded?

Especially when there are higher graded players at positions you're not well set at, like DL, OL and S, and there was.

But hey, why not let the Patriots pick up Malcolm Brown.. The Hoodie is of course completely clueless, right?

Grigs said dorsett was on the top of his board

I will say this....after reading the ESPN article on how Belichick takes advantage of other GMs reaching in the draft every year, did we just see it again? We go for a WR that may or may not be needed...and he takes a player that will probably be their NT for the next 10 years, after we pass on him. He does this every year.

That's why they have multiple championships to our 1

It was a good pick, We can get someone like Trinca Pasat, Terry Williams or others later in the draft

Gavin....

Those guys are late rounds guys.

You expect them to make a difference?     Certainly not their first year....   and likely not ever....

Come on now...    get serious.

So a rookie receiver who isn't even the best at his position would keep our drives alive? You have high expectations for him...

No expectations. But there's no guarantee that a rookie DL is going to stop the run either. There will be fat guys available for the next 5 rounds. The 4.3 guys are gone by pick 32.

So you think the so called experts out there know more than Girgs, Pagano and all the Colts Scouts??? Hahaha really??? Half the time the know less than the average fan!!! And how can you say there is No way Dorsett is the BPA to the Colts??? Did you see the board? Do you know how they grade and evaluate their talent??? If not than you quite frankly know nothing as it refers to who was the BPA on the Colts board. Are Grigs and staff always right? Heck no. But who is? It's about playing your chances, testing your scouting and evaluation and hoping the guy turns out.

Andre might be here 2 years and Duron is no guarantee. Plus there is the possibility we could loose Hilton. Our WR core has alot of questions still going into the future.