Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nobody's Mock Draft 3.0- The Final Chapter

1.29 Landon Collins- S Alabama

LandonCollins.jpg

In my mind the only threats to taking Collins are Pittsburgh and Philly. It wouldn't surprise me if Collins was here, and I would expect him to be a Colt in that case. I'm not his biggest fan but he is decent in coverage and compliments Adams well, as he is great in run support. He's not Landry 2.0, as Landry wasn't even good against the run. Collins is better against the pass than Chancellor was coming out of Va Tech, so I would like this pick.

2.61 Henry Anderson- 34DE Stanford

140312192349-henry-anderson-top-single-i

Some would say a reach, but I think he's more than worth a late 2nd rounder. Underrated athlete with production and a ridiculous knack for putting pressure on the QB.

3.93 Jay Ajayi- RB Boise State

522bd055e1dcd-preview-620.jpg

If he really does drop due to the knee issues (I'm skeptical, it hasn't been an issue since he injured it, and he was not asked to attend the Combine Medical Re-check) then he won't fall much further than this, IMO. He'd be a hell of a get here.

4.128 Adrian Amos- S Penn State

He's an excellent cover man who needs work on tackling (I swear there isn't a complete safety in the damn draft) and gets a year to sit behind Adams and learn. In 2016 he and Collins can be a dynamic young safety duo. I struggled with who to take as the second safety- I considered Holliman, Sample, Shaw, Ekpre-Olomu, and more. But I settled on Amos. I mean, the guy looks like a safety if anyone every has. 916105.jpg

5.165 Craig Mager CB Texas State

Mager.jpg

Really like this kid. Very mature, had to raise his younger siblings when his mother died. Good athlete, is a good and willing tackler who seems to like contact. Scouting reports doubt his instincts but I for one think his reaction times are great. Even if he has to be a read and react guy I think he can do it. I could see this kid developing as our #4 and stepping into a boundary role later.

6.204 Terry Williams- NT ECU

Terry-Williams-of-ECU-tackling-FAU.jpg

I'd be willing to take the guy much higher than this, depending on the buzz from other GMs. He's a bowling ball out there, and my draft crush.

6.206 Trent Brown- OT Florida

trenton_brown.jpg

Massive (6'8 355) blocker who needs to develop, but could end up being a serviceable RT. As with most guys his size, pass pro needs work.

7.244 Marcus Rush- 34OLB Michigan State

Marcus-Rush.jpg

Well I had Frank Clark here, but it appears he's going to go much higher than this (deserved IMO). I'm not sure on Rush here either, because to me every year there's a few "he's definitely going late and he's definitely a steal" prospects, and they either A. Don't go late or B. Aren't a steal. Regardless, if he's here he'd be a good, if unspectacular pick who needs to bulk up.

7.255 Travis Raciti- 34DE SJSU

8137416.jpg

I'll level with you here, I don't know much about this guy, he's the only prospect on here I haven't watched. But you have to make a pick. He had a big sophomore year with 9 sacks, but dropped off a bit the next two years.

I'd really like this draft. I think it covers all of our holes besides ilb. Ilb would be less of a hole because of two safeties would be able to cover tights ends better. If Ajayi fell to round three that would be great for us.

I'd really like this draft. I think it covers all of our holes besides ilb. Ilb would be less of a hole because of two safeties would be able to cover tights ends better. If Ajayi fell to round three that would be great for us.

Yeah, I wanted to go ILB but if we can't get a guy early then I'm not sure I want one. We have depth there but we need a difference maker.

I can see the Texans eye balling him as well. They are trying to move from Swearinger and their secondary is awful.

I think they want to ship out Swearinger because they believe in Stevie Brown who they just signed. Brown has been really good when healthy.

I could live with it, as you avoided some of my least favorite moves (drafting a RB too high or using the first on a Kerr/Chapman/Hughes clone).  You got my favorite Safety too (Amos) and one of my favorite DLs (Anderson).  I'm not so sure about getting two safeties before getting a CB, though.  I'd consider back-up CB to be just as immediate of a need as safety, since our #3 outside CB right now is Brown, Price, or Carr.  Swap out a CB for Landry and I'd be pretty darned happy.

Yeah, I wanted to go ILB but if we can't get a guy early then I'm not sure I want one. We have depth there but we need a difference maker.

Yea after the top 5 guys there's a big drop off. I like Hayes Pullard because he can cover. I think he's gonna go around the 4th and I'd rather have Amos. Bryce Hager is a guy who'd be available later who can cover.

I could live with it, as you avoided some of my least favorite moves (drafting a RB too high or using the first on a Kerr/Chapman/Hughes clone). You got my favorite Safety too (Amos) and one of my favorite DLs (Anderson). I'm not so sure about getting two safeties before getting a CB, though. I'd consider back-up CB to be just as immediate of a need as safety, since our #3 outside CB right now is Brown, Price, or Carr. Swap out a CB for Landry and I'd be pretty darned happy.

I really like the draft for the most part. I am with you love Amos and Anderson. I too see CB as a much bigger need than others on the board.

Not only did we lose Gordy which isn't a huge loss but Toler's FA is big. We don't want to be trying to buy a CB on the open market next year especially with the guys we need to lock down.

I'm not that excited at taking a RB that early though I do like Ajayi. The guy I like the most is Davis later or Robinson/Johnson even later one of those guys will fall to the 6th.

To me RB isn't a position we necessarily need to deal with this yr until it's the BPA by a good distance day 3. It's a position a rookie could play right away.

I also think Hull and Jones both have 3 down potential at ILB on day 3 for those looking for help there to groom.

I could live with it, as you avoided some of my least favorite moves (drafting a RB too high or using the first on a Kerr/Chapman/Hughes clone). You got my favorite Safety too (Amos) and one of my favorite DLs (Anderson). I'm not so sure about getting two safeties before getting a CB, though. I'd consider back-up CB to be just as immediate of a need as safety, since our #3 outside CB right now is Brown, Price, or Carr. Swap out a CB for Landry and I'd be pretty darned happy.

I really like the draft for the most part. I am with you love Amos and Anderson. I too see CB as a much bigger need than others on the board.

Not only did we lose Gordy which isn't a huge loss but Toler's FA is big. We don't want to be trying to buy a CB on the open market next year especially with the guys we need to lock down.

I'm not that excited at taking a RB that early though I do like Ajayi. The guy I like the most is Davis later or Robinson/Johnson even later one of those guys will fall to the 6th.

To me RB isn't a position we necessarily need to deal with this yr until it's the BPA by a good distance day 3 or next yr

I also think Hull and Jones both have 3 down potential at ILB on day 3 for those looking for help there to groom.

To me RB isn't a position we necessarily need to deal with this yr until it's the BPA by a good distance day 3. It's a position a rookie could play right away.

I agree with everything you just said.  We're alligned in our hopes for this draft.  We may be equally disappointed this time Saturday!