Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bruce Irvin could be traded tonight to Falcons

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12792282/seattle-seahawks-unlikely-pick-bruce-irvin-option

Seattle not expected to pick up Irvin's 5th year option. He could be traded tonight to Falcons ...

The Seahawks are in a situation where they must create salary-cap space for new deals that are coming for quarterback Russell Wilson and middle linebacker Bobby Wagner. Committing nearly $8 million to Irvin in 2016 would make those contracts more difficult to complete.

Can't keep everyone ...

One trick pony that benefited from the talent on that D-line, that is what Bruce Irvin is to me.

Plus, his cheap shot on Gronk before the last kneel down in the SB is what I remember him for other than his suspension. Maybe Pete Carroll is finally waking up and discarding the expendable ones like Harvin, Irvin etc. gradually???

One trick pony that benefited from the talent on that D-line, that is what Bruce Irvin is to me.

Plus, his cheap shot on Gronk before the last kneel down in the SB is what I remember him for other than his suspension. Maybe Pete Carroll is finally waking up and discarding the expendable ones like Harvin, Irvin etc. gradually???

I actually like Irvin. I think he is pretty good but I don't blame the Hawks for letting him go. Like I said, you can't keep everyone. He is not a player I would pay a ton to keep BUT I do wonder if Seattle is painting themselves into a corner with the mega deals they have been handing out to the secondary, Lynch and soon to be Wilson and Wagner. It will be tough for them to tell any potential FAs to stay for anything less than top dollar ...