Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would Ndamukong Suh be worth in a trade? & would the colts do it?

wabbwubb

Sorry if i get your hopes up im just thinking that if we had a DT like him with freeny and mathis.....wow But what would it take to get him... 2 1st round picks (we havent had good luck with latly any ways lol) a few 3rd rounds and lower rounds 5-6 too. What do you think? more? im not sure just seeing what other people think.

Sorry if i get your hopes up im just thinking that if we had a DT like him with freeny and mathis.....wow But what would it take to get him... 2 1st round picks (we havent had good luck with latly any ways lol) a few 3rd rounds and lower rounds 5-6 too. What do you think? more? im not sure just seeing what other people think.

It'll take a like-player becoming available to us in the 1st round of the 2012 draft. You'll never see the draft minded Colts mortgaging their future on one guy like that.

No way...Suh is helping Detroit become relevant in the NFL. I know we're all concerned about our DT situation but we also claimed DeMario Pressley off waivers a while ago and I think he could help....I'd rather get Totapu if he's around or some vet DB

We have five years with Manning so why not trade some future picks for some good help now. We all know after he is gone its going to be some rough years wont be as rough if we have 3 super bowls look back on. :) Im just saying is it worth it to trade picks for good players now? since we do have a window that is closing......

We have five years with Manning so why not trade some future picks for some good help now. We all know after he is gone its going to be some rough years wont be as rough if we have 3 super bowls look back on. :) Im just saying is it worth it to trade picks for good players now? since we do have a window that is closing......

I'm not buying into the rough years post-Manning mindset. Matter of fact, I'll bet right here and now he leaves this team in better shape 5yrs from now than it is today. He'll leave it in position to carry on winning ways for whoever is the next starting QB. Watch. There's no way the front office is going to be shortsighted and sell out five, eight, ten years to get one glory shot now. We're close as it is.

lol NO!! In the thread i was saying suh would be perfect for us then i moved to asking would you trade future picks for players now.

Because Suh is so young, yes, trading off future picks is entirely reasonable. Unless you think the odds are good that you could acquire such a freakish talent in next years draft. Suh is a rare specimen.

What about doing something like the Mcfarling trade years back a 3rd rounder for some one.... to help with the D not giving up to much but get a qaulity guy

First things first with the Colts. This year, all in house FA business will be addressed before any significant outside FA source will be considered, in all probability. Looking at what's leftover in cap room, if any, a potential outsider would have to be a fit not only in the money department (Irsay learned his mega buck FA lesson with Corey Simon and won't go there again) but in the ballpark "Colt type player." Another member, Mouthfire, floated the name Tommie Harris (DT Bears) as a possibility. He'd most likely be affordable & he's only 27yo. He had some issues in CHI though and I'm not sure of all the details. I can say this - he's young and it certainly appears he's handling his immanent departure with class. One article I read quoted a Bears team official who said, "he's got a future it will just be with another team." If the Colts are interested in a guy like this they'll do their homework to see if his problems are ones the team can deal with (i.g. Chris Rucker, Pat McAfee, Dom Rhodes, Delone Carter, etc.). Personally, if there's enough money when the in house dust settles I'd love to see us go out & get Asante Samuel at just 5.5M cap hit for 2011. Seems reasonable for a great 4x probowl cover guy & would be coming in less than Kelvin Hayden was set to make. I doubt it'll happen though. Wishful thinking.

If nothing like this ^ pans this year we're looking at the 2012 draft. I keep waitin' for someone to start the first thread in that section here, haha. I'm already thinking DT, LB, CB, SS on the defensive side. We'll see what this year brings with developments.

Of course this is purely hypothetical, but, Suh's impact is so extreme the trade would have to be a complete second mortgage on our future.

1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2012 +++

Higher than that. At least 2-3 first rounders.

Suh is the best DT in the NFL.

Impossible.

lol NO!! In the thread i was saying suh would be perfect for us then i moved to asking would you trade future picks for players now.

Suh would be perfect for anyone, so suggesting he fits better here than anywhere else is just absurd. Suh is a very rare and special player, and he's still growing into the game. Now he's got Fairley beside him. Yikes!

The fact that he's so young AND so talented, while also playing a position that has great longevity compared to a skill position, means that this guy will get a massive contract when his rookie deal is up. Anyone hoping to pull him from the Motor City is going to need $100 million and several years worth of 1st round picks.

Oh man, just imagine Suh, Freeney and Mathis on the same line! Detroit would never trade Suh though, he is the defensive face of the franchise and if Stafford can't stay healthy, he will be the face of the franchise. It would take a multitude of picks, plus a proven vet like Wayne, something crazy like 2 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd and Wayne for Suh.

Mike Ditka, is that you????

I say we trade a 3rd for Suh, Maybe 2012 6th round pick for Patrick Willis and Aaron Francisco for Troy Polamalu...who's with me!?!?!?!

Manning straight up for Suh?

Peyton ain't nuttin but a broke neck havin old man hack of a QB who's best days are behind him. Lets push for this deal!!!

It would take more to get Suh than anything that anyone has listed here. I understand playing the hypothetical angle just for fun, but it would likely take more than three first-round picks. Especially since the Colts will do well as long as Manning is in Indy, and those first-round picks are all likely going to be in the bottom third of the round, at minimum.

Realistically? Maybe if Indy offered Freeney, their next three first-round picks, and a potpourri of lower picks (like maybe a couple of 2nds and 3rds each), the Lions' front office would actually TAKE the call. Not saying they'd do it though. You build a team around a guy like Suh, much like the Colts did around Manning 13 years ago or whatever it was at this point.

This is not Madden.

unless you're holding the winning lottery ticket that is andrew luck suh won't be traded or any picks. on that note, how long b4 luck informs the Bengals he will never sign with them??

Even if you had Luck, the Lions wouldn't do that deal. They are all in with Stafford, they don't need a QB

I say we trade a 3rd for Suh, Maybe 2012 6th round pick for Patrick Willis and Aaron Francisco for Troy Polamalu...who's with me!?!?!?!

2012 Madden NFL Champs!