Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One 1St Q Td All Season?

oldunclemark

I dont understand why we start the game like we are petrified..

..We trip and fall and can barely hand off.

the other team runs through us....like a train going through the fog....

Maybe its Manning not being there//but he's been gone a while now.

Maybe we should 'script' the first 15-20 plays like some teams do..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• This is it, and that's how I saw Ballard's pushback -- he's always going to be small. So what do you do with that? Whether they were talking about Worthy or someone else, I don't think Ballard's point was that he needs to put on 10-12 pounds and he won't be able to. I think the point was you can't count on that, so judge his body as it is now.   As for Worthy, he's not much smaller than Josh Downs. At a certain point, small is small. If you draft a guy like that, you need to be comfortable with his size, not betting that he's going to get bigger.
    • Dobbs doesn't strike me as being team president/GM material, and the fact that there has been little movement, little evolution in Ballard's approach in 8 years, tells me Dobbs is more of a yes man, a rubber stamp man.  Other teams can see that.  If Dobbs, or anyone, were actually challenging Ballard from time to time, you might see a change in approach occasionally.
    • If I can find it, I’ll post it. But I think with most teams, they don’t have a plan for TEs. They just draft them just because. Steichen is a guy that seems to have a plan for the players that are drafted. And we’ve seen in Ballard’s recent presser that getting guys the staff can create a plan for is important to them.   This past season we drafted Downs who was different from the receivers that Ballard typically drafts. He had a lot of success because of his own ability, but Shane also schemed up ways to get him favorable match ups. I think Bowers is the type of guy that would flourish with Shane scheming him up. He’s a mismatch against LBs and safeties.
    • Well it’s expensive to move up into the top five.  He said in his presser moving up for Harrison is a “fantasy “.  I would guess he’s referring to pick 4 or there about.   That’s expensive.  I don’t consider he meant that high when he mentioned striking distance.  For me striking distance starts at pick 9.   Probably costing our 2nd round pick as well.  Let’s face it the only 2nd rd picks where Ballard acquired a great player with were Leonard and Taylor.  Leonard in the 30’s and Taylor pick 41.  We would be giving up 46 with a chance to get elite.  Pick 46 would probably get good not even great if he used it.  I’m hoping he tries for greatness this time and stays or moves up.  Please don’t trade back.  That’s all I ask.
  • Members