Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I know there has been a topic of him at some point, but I could not find the post.

Pending a first or second round RB selection in the draft, I don't see any reason not to bring Bradshaw back....I would take 8 healthy games from him over 16 games from some of the other RB roster options....He obviously doesn't have to be a work horse for us, but the Cotls were just plain a better team with him on the field last year...

Thoughts?

I know there has been a topic of him at some point, but I could not find the post.

Pending a first or second round RB selection in the draft, I don't see any reason not to bring Bradshaw back....I would take 8 healthy games from him over 16 games from some of the other RB roster options....He obviously doesn't have to be a work horse for us, but the Cotls were just plain a better team with him on the field last year...

Thoughts?

If you take a look at the roster his name is no longer listed.  I think the Colts have already decided on the matter.

They decided to tender Boom Herron, sign Frank Gore and it's looking pretty apparent that we'll be drafting a young

running back tommorow as well.  I think Bradshaw is long gone in my opinion.

If you take a look at the roster his name is no longer listed.  I think the Colts have already decided on the matter.

They decided to tender Boom Herron, sign Frank Gore and it's looking pretty apparent that we'll be drafting a young

Heck, and I still loved the way Zurlon Tipton was running over people whose name rhymed with Talib  :funny:

You may be right, but I just don't get how you can dismiss the option after seeing what he is still capable when healthy....

Either bring him back and not run him into the ground or draft Duke Johnson later in the draft. Gore and Boom is a good combo, Tipton can contribute but I am nervous about Ballard coming off of two straight huge injuries. I would love to have Bradshaw healthy come playoff time over a later round rookie.

Heck, and I still loved the way Zurlon Tipton was running over people whose name rhymed with Talib  :funny:

Yes and lets hope Ballard is healthy and can return to form , sure would make a great dilemma to have how many RBs we keep , would be nice to have one back in reserve somewhere incase something catastrophic happens. If we draft the right back some will become expendable.Bradshaw will not be here.

You may be right, but I just don't get how you can dismiss the option after seeing what he is still capable when healthy....

I understand your love for Bradshaw.

But we are a Legit contender and the high probability that Bradshaw would not be there at playoff time, for me, Totally eliminates him from consideration.

A young back who can also be a returner sounds much better.

Yes and lets hope Ballard is healthy and can return to form , sure would make a great dilemma to have how many RBs we keep , would be nice to have one back in reserve somewhere incase something catastrophic happens. If we draft the right back some will become expendable.Bradshaw will not be here.

I feel sorry for Vick.  Two years away from football leaves a whole lotta rust....this is Ballard's Achilles....

rust2009-05-06_09.jpg

I feel sorry for Vick.  Two years away from football leaves a whole lotta rust....this is Ballard's Achilles....

rust2009-05-06_09.jpg

Yes its on him now if he has the intestinal fortitude I think he does he will make it back. Camp and preseason will tell the story. I hope he returns to form , I loved the way he went after it his rookie year, according to his interview I listened to , he was never healthy from the time he got here.

I hope we're not drafting an RB on Thursday! NO, NO, NO!

That'll come Friday

I hope we're not drafting an RB on Thursday! NO, NO, NO!

That'll come Friday

I'm glad you pointed that out for me.  While I am not against drafting a back in the 1st round if it is Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley, I didn't mean to say we are certainly drafting a running back in the 1st round. I meant to say it's apparent that we will be drafting a running back somewhere in the draft.

Yes its on him now if he has the intestinal fortitude I think he does he will make it back. Camp and preseason will tell the story. I hope he returns to form , I loved the way he went after it his rookie year, according to his interview I listened to , he was never healthy from the time he got here.

I agree.  By the way I have the sporadic LIKES again  :)

I doubt Bradshaw is 100 healthy right now.     If he was,  some team would've signed him by now.

So....

I suspect the Colts can always wait until June/July to pick up the phone and ask how he's doing?

If the Colts need Ahmad,  we can bring him in.     If not,  he can look elsewhere....  

I think the last two years he's come to camp not quite ready to play....    I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again this year wherever he lands...

I don't see where the room for Ballard is going to come from.  I suppose it depends on where we draft the new running back. If we draft a guy like Melvin Gordon,Todd Gurley, Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson in the 1st or 2nd rounds you know the top 3 are going to be Gore, Herron, Drafted running back.  Where is Vick going to go?  On the practice squad?

Now I could see a small possibility of Ballard beating out Herron in camp maybe but that still leaves a dilemma because you don't know how long he'll be healthy and then what happens with Herron if he is beat out?  The second scenario which I can see a little bit more clearly is us drafting a running back real late like the 7th round or on UDFA.  If that happens then I'm sure that back may be put on the practice squad and the top 3 backs would be Gore, Herron, and Ballard I suppose.

In Bradshaw's defense, he ran hard and gave up his body but just couldn't stay on the field ala Bob Sanders.

He was by far the best back on the team in the last decade or so when healthy, but that does the team 

no good if he is on the sidelines.

Who knows what could have happened in the playoffs if Bradshaw was healthy. It could have resulted

in less punts and more sustained drives to make the AFC title game more close and possibly a different

outcome.

Haven't you kind of answered your own question?

1) He came to the Colts with an injury history

2) In his two years that injury history got worse

3) They already have an older RB in Gore and are very likely to draft another

4) Herron and Tipton make a pretty good duo for RB # 3.  Plus I think you can put Tipton on the PS and stash him there

5) Your 3rd RB better contribute on ST's and that is something Bradshaw will not do (or be asked to do)

6) Guess here is that you can grab him mid-season if you get into a bind with injuries

THIS x 1000, would love both of those guys and don't think it would be costly for either.

Please refer to the detailed and utterly brilliant explanation in post # 29 in this on why this is an idea that will not happen.

I will go absolutely crazy if the Colts draft a RB in the first round!  (You said tomorrow) and day 1 is only the first round.  I think S DT or LB is a much bigger need.  Now if a great RB slipped and the Colts drafted one in rounds 2-3 I may not be that mad, but as of now, we could definitely use a monster to help stop the run!

I will go absolutely crazy if the Colts draft a RB in the first round!  (You said tomorrow) and day 1 is only the first round.  I think S DT or LB is a much bigger need.  Now if a great RB slipped and the Colts drafted one in rounds 2-3 I may not be that mad, but as of now, we could definitely use a monster to help stop the run!

There are a lot of good RBs in this draft , but would be shocked at a first round pick.