Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yes Please!, Yes, or Trade Down

We have a wealth of similar threads, but the draft is very near so I figured we could give our own quick thoughts on our first/early second round draft wishlist. Pick who you'd love to have (Yes Please!), who you would be content with us taking (Yes), and then if there is no one else, who would you like us to trade back into the early-mid 2nd and take? This is to show what you'd approve of if the Colts slected these guys. I'll start, of course:

THE "YES PLEASE!" GUYS

1. Marcus Peters

2. Landon Collins

THE "YES" GUYS

1. E. Goldman

2. C. Erving

3. K. Johnson

THE TRADE DOWN AND PICK GUYS

1.E. Kendricks

2. D. Randall

3. B. Jones

4. J. Phillips

5. C. Davis

6. E. Flowers

You've got a pretty good list already. Heres mine:

Yes, Please!:

• Landon Collins
  • Marcus Peters
  • Arik Armstead
  • Todd Gurley
  • Cameron Erving
  • DJ Humphries

Yes!:

• Eddie Goldman
  • Owamgbe Odighizuwa
  • Ereck Flowers
  • Jake Fisher
  • Eric Kendricks
  • Melvin Gordon
  • Kevin Johnson
  • Ronald Darby

Trade Down:

• Cedrick Ogbuehi 
  • Damarious Randall
  • Jordan Philips
  • DGB
  • Eli Harold
  • Stephone Anthony
  • Eric Rowe

THE "YES PLEASE!" GUYS
1. Kevin Johnson
2. Byron Jones

3. Owamgbe Odighizuwa

THE "YES" GUYS
1. E. Goldman
2. T.J. Clemmings
3. Marcus Peters

4. Todd Gurley

5. Eric Kendricks

6. D. Randall

THE TRADE DOWN AND PICK GUYS
1. J. Phillips
2. C. Davis
3. E. Flowers

4. S. Anthony

5. E. Rowe

I know everyone loves Peters, and he is probably the best man to man CB, and would fit our system well. My problem keeps coming back to his problems off the field. Trey Wingo was discussing them tonight, and they seem to go back further than Washington. The NFL is very different, because coaching is so important. Talent, as in college gets you very far. In the NFL, w/out coaching, talent is not enough. Vontae is a great case study. Super talented, but until he accepted coaching, he was a young kid screwing up. Now he is one of the top CB's in the league. Just think what level Pagano could get Peters to if he was willing to listen to coaches, but that is a big if.

I know everyone loves Peters, and he is probably the best man to man CB, and would fit our system well. My problem keeps coming back to his problems off the field. Trey Wingo was discussing them tonight, and they seem to go back further than Washington. The NFL is very different, because coaching is so important. Talent, as in college gets you very far. In the NFL, w/out coaching, talent is not enough. Vontae is a great case study. Super talented, but until he accepted coaching, he was a young kid screwing up. Now he is one of the top CB's in the league. Just think what level Pagano could get Peters to if he was willing to listen to coaches, but that is a big if.

While his off field concerns are very really, and I very well think we would probably pass on him, I think more importantly there seems to be a good chance lately that he doesn't even make it to our pick. A lot of mocks having him going in the top 25. I'd love it if we got him, but am feeling pretty confident that won't happen.