Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeman signs tender

12isthenew18

Not really, just don't care for players who hold out. It's selfish imo

Even though it was just off season but still.

It's a business no matter how much I love the Colts if I played for them I'd do the same thing. If they decide they don't like you they can cut in a moments notice. So I don't blame players for getting as much as they can. The owners are billionaires and don't have to put there bodies on the line.  

Not really, just don't care for players who hold out. It's selfish imo

Even though it was just off season but still.

He didn't hold out.

And heaven forbid a player who puts his physical well being at risk try to use the tiny bit of leverage he has to secure himself financially... how selfish of him. /sarcasm

He didn't hold out.

And heaven forbid a player who puts his physical well being at risk try to use the tiny bit of leverage he has to secure himself financially... how selfish of him. /sarcasm

He did hold out, I made a thread on here about it. It was only offseason workouts but still. Come to work, work the numbers out behind closed doors. Not hold out and ruin chemistry and all other things with your teammates and coaches

He did hold out, I made a thread on here about it. It was only offseason workouts but still. Come to work, work the numbers out behind closed doors. Not hold out and ruin chemistry and all other things with your teammates and coaches

He didn't hold out. First, he wasn't under contract. Second, the offseason program is voluntary.

I can understand why he tried given his age, but he had no leverage.  It was either make his 2 mil or make nothing.

At the very least even after taxes if you invest your salary wisely you should be set for life.

Right. It was his one chance to say "hey, I don't like this." Now it's over. No harm, no foul, IMO.

And as long as he doesn't get hurt or have a bad season, he'll get a decent contract next year.

Right. It was his one chance to say "hey, I don't like this." Now it's over. No harm, no foul, IMO.

And as long as he doesn't get hurt or have a bad season, he'll get a decent contract next year.

Ehh I have my doubts, Despite the fact that this is only his 4th year, he spent a lot of years in CFL and he's getting up there in age.  I'm guessing he'll get a contract but it's going to be smaller then if it where a younger fellow.  

And you are right though, on the grand scheme of things just holding out of voluntary workouts is the NFL equal of saying "Please sir could I have some more"  If he holds out of TC or doesn't play next year, then it's a bigger deal, but he's not contractually obligated to show up to voluntary workouts anyways.  

Ehh I have my doubts, Despite the fact that this is only his 4th year, he spent a lot of years in CFL and he's getting up there in age.  I'm guessing he'll get a contract but it's going to be smaller then if it where a younger fellow.  

And you are right though, on the grand scheme of things just holding out of voluntary workouts is the NFL equal of saying "Please sir could I have some more"  If he holds out of TC or doesn't play next year, then it's a bigger deal, but he's not contractually obligated to show up to voluntary workouts anyways.  

His football age might be a concern. CFL seasons are a couple games longer than NFL seasons, but there's less banging, especially for non-linemen. 

I don't mean to say that he's going to get a huge contract. But I think $5m/year is a strong projection, based on what other guys his age have received in recent years.

His football age might be a concern. CFL seasons are a couple games longer than NFL seasons, but there's less banging, especially for non-linemen. 

I don't mean to say that he's going to get a huge contract. But I think $5m/year is a strong projection, based on what other guys his age have received in recent years.

Really? I would guess more like 3.  

I see where you're coming from. You feel exactly how Elway feels about Thomas. Sure you want a deal but you gain nothing from not being with your team,voluntary or not.

I don't feel he held out but he did forget who he was for a minute. Nothing is wrong with wanting some money but he isn't exactly Navarro Bowman or anything.