Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Win=Caldwell Back And No Luck

JColts72

Win was good and not so good-This will have Tweet Man Jim and Polians knocking down Caldwell's door to give a new contract; forget about getting a new coach now. Luck not coming here either- All thoses loses and for what? to draft another OT-

Personally I would rather pick another offensive lineman than a backup quarterback if Manning is healthy.

Just think how good this team could be with several #1's and #2's across the offensive line.

Personally I would rather pick another offensive lineman than a backup quarterback if Manning is healthy.

Just think how good this team could be with several #1's and #2's across the offensive line.

Then in 2 years we r back to 3-13 seasons for a few years

Im kinda repeating myself, but... after yesterday I cant see Manning going anywhere. If anything he will retire. Mark my words, Manning isnt going anywhere. I have never thought once that Polian would trade Manning. The guys a legend. And if he is healthy enough to play, play he will, in Indy.

Fixed it for you!

Honey Badger is Mathieu....not Claiborne...but I know what you mean! I would prefer a trade back with Miami/ Washington if we had #3..it would get more picks and still yield great players! Cause both could be top 10 picks.. and Coples could be there and maybe even Claiborne still around!

Honey Badger is Mathieu....not Claiborne...but I know what you mean! I would prefer a trade back with Miami/ Washington if we had #3..it would get more picks and still yield great players! Cause both could be top 10 picks.. and Coples could be there and maybe even Claiborne still around!

I dont think Mathiu is eligible for the draft, or he wont declare

So we r one OL from a super bowl. He fixes the horrible defense.

I really dont think the defense is all that horrible and can still win games like they did the last two weeks. WE could still use a 2nd and 3rd heck even 4th all for defense is you want new starters/depth, but I think mike murphy has done a great job. I see alot more hustle, better tackling, playing with heart, and solid pass coverage from everybody, including :0 Lacey!!

Rams/Minny both at 2 and 14, and we win at Jacksonville, that's where the 3 pick-More upsetting, is Caldwell will most likely be back as the excuse of finishing strong, winning streak, and to finsih the last year of his contract- Texans had what 2 play options bootleg and stretch run- We can use a d-man like Katt

If we lose to the Jags or the Vikings and Rams win one game we still get Luck if we want him...

Some fans might end up looking really silly if we lose to the Jags or the Vikings and Rams win a game before the end of the year for getting all upset we blew our chances at Luck last night and it turns out we didn't.

Then in 2 years we r back to 3-13 seasons for a few years

YOU!!! ANSWER THIS QUESTION:

What makes you think Luck would step in day one and be able to lead the Colts to the playoffs? It would be the same team, just with Luck...So he is better than Manning?

Drives me nuts when guys say things, get asked legitimate questions, or face valid points, but do nothing to answer them. Furthermore, Blue5487, what makes you think we'd suddenly dump back into loser-mode in a few years without Luck? We would find no suitable QB in that amount of time? We couldn't possibly build a well rounded team around Manning, ready to hand the keys of a Ferrari over to a sub-par, developmental project (which would truly emulate the Rodgers scenario)?

Im kinda repeating myself, but... after yesterday I cant see Manning going anywhere. If anything he will retire. Mark my words, Manning isnt going anywhere. I have never thought once that Polian would trade Manning. The guys a legend. And if he is healthy enough to play, play he will, in Indy.

Well said. He isn't going anywhere.

I wanted Kalil all along after a trade down... but Polian insists the tackles are fine, the problem is nobody knows whats going to happen with Ijalana, and if he could be a project guard, I think Kalil is hands down the second best player on the board....

I was initially against picking Khalil (based on us drafting two tackles this year who appear to be pretty good) but lately the more I've thought about it I've warmed up to the idea.

Especially if we're trading down.

I still have no idea what I want them to do though. Aside from not drafting a bust of course. :)

I honestly don't see us getting Kalil. I think if we pick #1, we go Luck. If we are 2 or 3, I would imagine Kalil being gone.

I think Polian will go for a skill position player if Luck is gone. Justin Blackmon is my pick.

I do think Kellen Moore in the 4th would be an interesting pick. I live in Boise so I have seen every game. If he were a couple of inches taller, he would be a high #1. But he is the closest thing, in college, to Peyton Manning as far as running the offense and reading defenses. He just lacks size. But that could be a killer for him. So it might be worth the risk if Luck isn't picked by us.

I was initially against picking Khalil (based on us drafting two tackles this year who appear to be pretty good) but lately the more I've thought about it I've warmed up to the idea.

Especially if we're trading down.

I still have no idea what I want them to do though. Aside from not drafting a bust of course. :)

You have most certainly warmed up to the idea, cause you were Luck or nothing before! haha