Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DQJ apologizes for his off-season arrest.

NewColtsFan

Since his legal situation is still working it's way through the system, D'Qwell can't make any real comment,  but today he offered the following public apology to the Colts and their fans....

INDIANAPOLIS -- D'Qwell Jackson can’t go into any details about his Feb. 4 arrest for simple assault in Washington, D.C. But what the Indianapolis Colts linebacker did on Wednesday was tell the media that he wanted to make a statement about the off-the-field incident.

"When time allows, there will be a chance where I can really speak on it," Jackson said. "But all I can say is that I take a lot of pride in my career and profession and the name on my back. The guys hold me accountable in this locker room and vice versa.

"I apologize for adding another distraction for this team. I'm very fortunate to do what I do. I love what I do and I'm passionate. When the time allows, the facts will come out, but at this point, I want to apologize to the community and my fans and all my supporters out there."

Jackson can’t go into details about the arrest because the case hasn’t been resolved yet. He was arrested and charged with assaulting a pizza delivery driver in Washington. He was the fourth Colts player arrested or suspended since Jan. 14.

we had better he's an aging overpaid below average linebacker who is a liability in pass coverage and not very good against the run hus release will hopefully be sooner than later

Yeah.....

All DQJ did was finish 6th in the entire NFL in tackles with the 4th most of his entire 9 year career.

He just sucks.....         :rollseyes:

Right.     :facepalm:

LOL its still funny that he hit the freaking pizza boy. I just picture this nerdy kid with acne and a changing voice getting knocked out by a 250lb NFL linebacker...... :funny: ....... lmao ....... :lol: ......

I fail to see how that's funny.  It may sound funny in a cartoonish version but I would think you would likely not find it so funny if a man with a massive size advantage decided he needed to knock you out in the middle of doing your job.  

Personally I'm wondering why he's not on the commissioners exempt list right now.  Oh right because he hit a pizza guy who is a fair target.  

I fail to see how that's funny.  It may sound funny in a cartoonish version but I would think you would likely not find it so funny if a man with a massive size advantage decided he needed to knock you out in the middle of doing your job.  

Personally I'm wondering why he's not on the commissioners exempt list right now.  Oh right because he hit a pizza guy who is a fair target.  

So you have him already guilty? Nice of you to know all the facts before court.

I fail to see how that's funny. It may sound funny in a cartoonish version but I would think you would likely not find it so funny if a man with a massive size advantage decided he needed to knock you out in the middle of doing your job.

Personally I'm wondering why he's not on the commissioners exempt list right now. Oh right because he hit a pizza guy who is a fair target.

Imagine if that pizza delivery driver was a woman.

So you have him already guilty? Nice of you to know all the facts before court.

Other players who have not been found guilty yet where on the commissioners exempt list.  That's not a list for players who have been found guilty it's been used as a list for players who are on trial.

Other players who have not been found guilty yet where on the commissioners exempt list.  That's not a list for players who have been found guilty it's been used as a list for players who are on trial.

Maybe the commish knows something about the case that is not public. I have no clue but you seem to want him in trouble without knowing the facts.

Maybe the commish knows something about the case that is not public. I have no clue but you seem to want him in trouble without knowing the facts.

No I want him treated the same way as the players who have hit women and I'd like to see them all treated based on the rules that they had just written for this instead of making it up as they go along to appease people.

No I want him treated the same way as the players who have hit women and I'd like to see them all treated based on the rules that they had just written for this instead of making it up as they go along to appease people.

For what it's worth,  Goodell has slowed down the process of judging people and imposing his sentences.

He now waits for the legal process to play out.    Then, he moves.   

He moved way too quickly in years past and got called out for it by many.    He's now trying to take a different approach.

To be clear,   I'm not a Goodell fan.    I'm just explaining how things are different now.

Well for one thing if he is guilty of anything it wasn't for hitting a woman. From your comments it is apparent you want him punished before knowing the facts. You may be entitled to your opinion but it don't make it right. The people as you call them would rather wait to find out IF the players did something wrong. Last time I checked in this country your not guilty till proven otherwise. You seem to completely overlook the basic rights we all have. I don't know what happened anymore than you do. Till that time comes maybe you need to chill about expecting a verdict of your choosing.

Bet the pizza boy's not a pizza boy no more. LOL. You know he's getting paid. LOL.

It never was a pizza boy.  The guy he hit was 40 something year old who parked in DQ's reserved spot.  And, yes I'd be surprised if he didn't egg things on quite a bit thinking he found his retirement plan.

we had better he's an aging overpaid below average linebacker who is a liability in pass coverage and not very good against the run hus release will hopefully be sooner than later

He had an all-pro vote and played in the probowl.  He's not great against the pass, but he is very good against the run -- he is a better ILB than anyone else on our current roster. 

People are people.  (1) we have no clue how big the pizza boy was, (2) we have no clue how this happened -- it doesn't matter if someone is smaller than you in many cases -- there is the 'be the bigger man and walk away' ideal, but there is also a self-defense/-protection thing that is a fact of life -- it doesn't matter if someone is smaller than you if they are threatening you (physically or, in some instances, verbally -- e.g., "I'll stab you" or "I will kill you") you should protect yourself.  Punching someone in the face may not always be the best way of protecting yourself if you are bigger than someone else, but we know basically nothing about this incident -- it could have been his only option.  I haven't bothered to read about this to fact check, but if I remember this was in a parking garage -- it could have been he was in an altercation between 2 cars where he didn't have room/space/the option to bear hug the guy and restrain him and it may have been a safer option to punch the guy in the face than to piledrive him into the concrete.  Who knows if he even punched the guy, he could have easily pushed the guy in the face to tell him 'get out of my face'.  To my knowledge (based on memory, not fact checking), he didn't put the guy in the IR or ruin the guys' entire life -- maybe it is some broke pizza boy that blew this out of proportion to try to win a few dollars from a rich guy.  Maybe DQwell was way out of line and punched him for no reason.  There is a reason for the legal system, the facts (or at least what should be an unbiased opinion of what happened based on limited facts) will come out at some point, we can all judge after the judge makes his/her judgement.

He didn't hit a woman.  And to my knowledge, none of this is on tape (or at least not publicly available tape). 

He had an all-pro vote and played in the probowl.  He's not great against the pass, but he is very good against the run -- he is a better ILB than anyone else on our current roster. 

People are people.  (1) we have no clue how big the pizza boy was, (2) we have no clue how this happened -- it doesn't matter if someone is smaller than you in many cases -- there is the 'be the bigger man and walk away' ideal, but there is also a self-defense/-protection thing that is a fact of life -- it doesn't matter if someone is smaller than you if they are threatening you (physically or, in some instances, verbally -- e.g., "I'll stab you" or "I will kill you") you should protect yourself.  Punching someone in the face may not always be the best way of protecting yourself if you are bigger than someone else, but we know basically nothing about this incident -- it could have been his only option.  I haven't bothered to read about this to fact check, but if I remember this was in a parking garage -- it could have been he was in an altercation between 2 cars where he didn't have room/space/the option to bear hug the guy and restrain him and it may have been a safer option to punch the guy in the face than to piledrive him into the concrete.  Who knows if he even punched the guy, he could have easily pushed the guy in the face to tell him 'get out of my face'.  To my knowledge (based on memory, not fact checking), he didn't put the guy in the IR or ruin the guys' entire life -- maybe it is some broke pizza boy that blew this out of proportion to try to win a few dollars from a rich guy.  Maybe DQwell was way out of line and punched him for no reason.  There is a reason for the legal system, the facts (or at least what should be an unbiased opinion of what happened based on limited facts) will come out at some point, we can all judge after the judge makes his/her judgement.

He didn't hit a woman.  And to my knowledge, none of this is on tape (or at least not publicly available tape). 

pro bowl to me seems to be more of a popularity contest partially dictated by clueless fans who see his number of tackles and vote for him because we have to have a minimum number or players he didnt deserve it and for most of the year played terribly but it's just my opinion although i don't much care for it's nice to see others defend them.

Well for one thing if he is guilty of anything it wasn't for hitting a woman. From your comments it is apparent you want him punished before knowing the facts. You may be entitled to your opinion but it don't make it right. The people as you call them would rather wait to find out IF the players did something wrong. Last time I checked in this country your not guilty till proven otherwise. You seem to completely overlook the basic rights we all have. I don't know what happened anymore than you do. Till that time comes maybe you need to chill about expecting a verdict of your choosing.

Again the players who have been accused of hitting a woman have gone on the exempt list before anyone was able to investigate either.  The exempt list is a holding place for players who have hit women but havn't been investigated.  

I believe if you hit a man you should be treated the same as if you hit a woman. 

Again the players who have been accused of hitting a woman have gone on the exempt list before anyone was able to investigate either.  The exempt list is a holding place for players who have hit women but havn't been investigated.  

I believe if you hit a man you should be treated the same as if you hit a woman. 

So hitting a man is the same as hitting a woman? OK, if you say so.

So hitting a man is the same as hitting a woman? OK, if you say so.

It is to me.  If women are equal then crimes against them must be punished and viewed the same way as crimes against men.  No greater and no less.  

One can not expect and receive special protections and consider themselves to be equal.  Children are not equal to adults, they receive special protections because of that.  

However if adult women are equal to adult men they can receive no special protections.

It is to me.  If women are equal then crimes against them must be punished and viewed the same way as crimes against men.  No greater and no less.  

One can not expect and receive special protections and consider themselves to be equal.  Children are not equal to adults, they receive special protections because of that.  

However if adult women are equal to adult men they can receive no special protections.

You are confusing equal in it's terms between men and women. So because a women wants the same pay for the same job as a man her physical being does not make any difference to you? So you would hit a woman just as hard as you would a man if you chose to do that? Excuse my bluntness but you are a couple of words that can not be said in this forum. I can say chauvinist with the risk of getting a warning. If so, so be it.

You are confusing equal in it's terms between men and women. So because a women wants the same pay for the same job as a man her physical being does not make any difference to you? So you would hit a woman just as hard as you would a man if you chose to do that? Excuse my bluntness but you are a couple of words that can not be said in this forum. I can say chauvinist with the risk of getting a warning. If so, so be it.

Of course her physical being makes a difference to me, that's why we have the law.  However her physical being should not be any more valuable then a man's physical being.  

And I don't hit people that don't hit me first.  Not a big believer in violence towards anyone and would only use it to protect myself and loved ones.  

All you haters!

We don't even know what happened and a bunch of you are throwing stones.

% happens!

Simple Assault could be as little as laying a finger on him.

Everyone is always trying to steal a dollar from everyone else..

I have no interest in stealing a dollar from anyone so would you kindly donate me a dollar or I'll sue you for everything you've got! :P