Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Compensation Picks

I asked this question in another thread, but I'm not sure which one it was so I appoligize to anyone who may have answered this already.

A lot of people are giving us comp picks in their mock drafts due to the fact that we lost both Johnson and Session. However, this year, we signed Aderson, Brayton and Simms. So, I THINK, that those signings will keep us from recieving any extra picks. Doesn anyone know exactly how this works?

I am not totally sure but I think the people we signed were for minimal type contracts and they should not affect the comp picks we may get for CJ or for Session. Both of these guys got solid long term contracts while the guys we signed had 1 year deals and I think that has something to do with figuring out the comp picks.

I am not totally sure but I think the people we signed were for minimal type contracts and they should not affect the comp picks we may get for CJ or for Session. Both of these guys got solid long term contracts while the guys we signed had 1 year deals and I think that has something to do with figuring out the comp picks.

Thanks, that does sound familiar. I hope you are right, as we could use as many picks as we can.