Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yeah Caldwell

ace_6900

ball babies..Colts win and all you care about is Caldwell job...don't call your self fans then

Shame on us for wanting our team to improve and not suck for years to come. My bad.

I'll just sit here and wallow in the massive amount of ineptitude fielded week in and week out by 75% of the team and coaching staff. I don't want them to better themselves or go anywhere.

The goal shouldn't be to field a team with a realistic shot at a Super Bowl.

Let's just sit back and watch PM do most of the work for the next few seasons, come up short when the D, ST, O-line, and coach do nothing to help come playoffs and watch in awe as we're back to 2-3 win seasons once he retires.

Or, I dunno, we could have drafted the best prospect since, well, HIM, and slowly built a team around him for the next 2-3 seasons until PM retires.

Nah, but this win is great.

Shame on us for wanting our team to improve and not suck for years to come. My bad.

I'll just sit here and wallow in the massive amount of ineptitude fielded week in and week out by 75% of the team and coaching staff. I don't want them to better themselves or go anywhere.

Let's just sit back and watch PM do most of the work for the next few seasons, come up short when the D, ST, O-line, and coach do nothing to help come playoffs and watch in awe as we're back to 2-3 win seasons once he retires.

Or, I dunno, we could have drafted the best prospect since, well, HIM, and slowly built a team around him for the next 2-3 seasons until PM retires.

I am going to get ripped for this but i see a lot of people who would rather have the team struggle down the stretch just so Caldwell will get fired than be happy that the team is improving now and having to admit Caldwell might not be as bad as they said he is. I don't think Caldwell is a great coach but you know what the team is getting better towards the end of the year and it's pretty clear the players like him enough to keep playing hard for him when they have had every chance to quit on him. That has to count for something I am willing to sit back and let Polian and Irsay make the call on Caldwell and admit they have a better feel for should he go or not than I do and I am going to enjoy the fact the team is getting better under him rather than hoping they lose just so he loses his job.

I disagree when I watched the interview I took it as he is going to let everything play out for the remainder of the season then evaluate his entire organization. That includes Polian and Caldwell in my opinion.

"We certainly were looking to do better. In terms of evaluating things, I think you have to look at the Texans. Last year, their coach was under great fire, Bob McNair stuck with him and now he's very popular in Houston. So when the season ends, I will evaluate everything. You know I love continuity."

That doesn't sound like a man leaning towards firing them and that was before the win. I think it's starting look more and more realistic that Caldwell and Polian come back next year.

I've said all along that I wouldn't be shocked either way and I still wont be. I can see both arguements but from what I am seeing and hearing it sounds like the Colts want to keep Caldwell and just about anyone in the media who watches this says Polian isn't anywhere, even Kravitz who hates Polian and agrees with the fire Polian people when pressed on the issues says he thinks Polian is coming back next year so I don't really think his job is in as much jeopardy as some fans want it to be. The question mark is over Caldwell but again to me based on that quote from Irsay and Polian saying a couple of weeks ago on his show that he hopes they win a game so they don't have to fire Caldwell that they want to keep Caldwell as a coach. Winning the last two homes games and maybe the last three games of the year might very well save Caldwell's job.

I am going to get ripped for this but i see a lot of people who would rather have the team struggle down the stretch just so Caldwell will get fired than be happy that the team is improving now and having to admit Caldwell might not be as bad as they said he is. I don't think Caldwell is a great coach but you know what the team is getting better towards the end of the year and it's pretty clear the players like him enough to keep playing hard for him when they have had every chance to quit on him. That has to count for something I am willing to sit back and let Polian and Irsay make the call on Caldwell and admit they have a better feel for should he go or not than I do and I am going to enjoy the fact the team is getting better under him rather than hoping they lose just so he loses his job.

you are right...you are going to get ripped by many posters. i thought caldwell was a bad coach and still do. but like u said they didnt quit. i dont like his decisions at all when it comes to the game of football. but caldwell does deserve some credit. I have nothing against him as a person.

So loosing, then drafting luck first overall makes us better then we already are? If luck is sitting behind Peyton then I look at it as tho we don't start drafting players till pick 33 overall.

Caldwell Caldwell Caldwell... who knows, maybe they've made their decision when we hit 0-13. Never assume stuff, you can make educated predictions, but never assume anything like a coach getting fired. I've learnt that in watching and tracking football.

you are right...you are going to get ripped by many posters. i thought caldwell was a bad coach and still do. but like u said they didnt quit. i dont like his decisions at all when it comes to the game of football. but caldwell does deserve some credit. I have nothing against him as a person.

Me either I don't really think anyone has an issue with Caldwell as a person.

The issue people have with him as a football coach but frankly I think Caldwell has become the scapegoat for a lot of fans. Don't get me wrong I don't think Caldwell is perfect, he has made mistakes as a coach no question about it but frankly anytime something goes wrong some fans say it's all his fault no matter what it is. Then when something goes right a lot of fans refuse to give him any credit for it. There is a huge double standard with Caldwell with a lot of fans.

I said as recently as after the Titans game I would probably lean more towards the fire Caldwell crowd but I am also willing to admit I don't know everything that goes into making that decision and I was then and still am willing to trust whatever direction Polian and Irsay go with Caldwell.

Me either I don't really think anyone has an issue with Caldwell as a person.

The issue people have with him as a football coach but frankly I think Caldwell has become the scapegoat for a lot of fans. Don't get me wrong I don't think Caldwell is perfect, he has made mistakes as a coach no question about it but frankly anytime something goes wrong some fans say it's all his fault no matter what it is. Then when something goes right a lot of fans refuse to give him any credit for it. There is a huge double standard with Caldwell with a lot of fans.

I said as recently as after the Titans game I would probably lean more towards the fire Caldwell crowd but I am also willing to admit I don't know everything that goes into making that decision and I was then and still am willing to trust whatever direction Polian and Irsay go with Caldwell.

when it comes to the coach, i guess im like you and will trust what irsay does, since afterall he wants to win as much as us fans do. i dont think polian should have a say in the coach. i think polian wants to have a puppet hc so i cant really trust his decision.

when it comes to the coach, i guess im like you and will trust what irsay does, since afterall he wants to win as much as us fans do. i dont think polian should have a say in the coach. i think polian wants to have a puppet hc so i cant really trust his decision.

I've never bought the puppet HC thing, Leavy, Capers, Mora, and Dungy don't fit that mold at all and I refuse to think he just started hiring puppets with Caldwell. Also to believe that you have to over look the fact that Caldwell was endorsed by Manning and groomed by Dungy for the job. It seems like there were several other people who thought Caldwell was the guy.

Also at the end of the day it's really Irsay's call so he must like Caldwell or he would have hired someone else regardless of what Polian thinks.

This means Caldwell will be our coach next year how stupid are we cheering for a win when Caldwell is our prize.

Caldwell is guaranteed nothing, and I for one want some change.... That said, JC has kept this thing together of late when it v ery easily could have fallen apart. I guess if he returns Indy could do a lot worse.

I've never bought the puppet HC thing, Leavy, Capers, Mora, and Dungy don't fit that mold at all and I refuse to think he just started hiring puppets with Caldwell. Also to believe that you have to over look the fact that Caldwell was endorsed by Manning and groomed by Dungy for the job. It seems like there were several other people who thought Caldwell was the guy.

Also at the end of the day it's really Irsay's call so he must like Caldwell or he would have hired someone else regardless of what Polian thinks.

i think the hc puppet concept has some merit. just looking at mora and dungy: mora was reportey fired for nit firing someone on the coaching staff that polian wanted gone. dungy agreed a lot with polian and irsay in the team philosophy so it was sort of, and i stress sort of, a puppet relationship. dungy was also a decent in-game coach. on nfl network, brian billick said that a lot of gms nowadays want to have all the power so he personally would only go back to coaching with the right gm. the way polian acts makes me think he is one of those gms that want to have a lot if control.

i think the hc puppet concept has some merit. just looking at mora and dungy: mora was reportey fired for nit firing someone on the coaching staff that polian wanted gone. dungy agreed a lot with polian and irsay in the team philosophy so it was sort of, and i stress sort of, a puppet relationship. dungy was also a decent in-game coach. on nfl network, brian billick said that a lot of gms nowadays want to have all the power so he personally would only go back to coaching with the right gm. the way polian acts makes me think he is one of those gms that want to have a lot if control.

Yeah but EVERYONE but Mora said the DC had to go. It's not like the Colts were being unreasonable in calling for that change to be made.

So the fact that they got along and had a similar viewpoint makes them a puppet? I think it makes them a good team.

ball babies..Colts win and all you care about is Caldwell job...don't call your self fans then

i do not think Caldwell can win us a super bowl and that should be the goal of a true fan. So to answer your question maybe your not a true fan cheering for obne meaningless win when it means we keep a coach thsat cannot take us back to the big game.

I am not so sure the players are palying hard for Caldwell... The Chiefs played hard for Romeo, they gave him the gatorade bath after they beat the Packers, and hugged him! Nobody was excited to go to Caldwell after the game..what I saw was players rallying around each other and playing for each other, because reality is setting in that changes may happen going forward, and how most want to stay and want nothing to do with Luck! I saw a team playing for each other not for their head coach...

I disagree when I watched the interview I took it as he is going to let everything play out for the remainder of the season then evaluate his entire organization. That includes Polian and Caldwell in my opinion.

I think the first 13 games should have been more than enough to evaluate this organization.

So loosing, then drafting luck first overall makes us better then we already are? If luck is sitting behind Peyton then I look at it as tho we don't start drafting players till pick 33 overall.

This^^^^ And no expert last night or frankly that I have heard in general mentions trading the pick which I cannot fathom!

I think the only way Caldwell gets the axe now is if they come out next week and get blown away by the Jags, and even then im not so sure he will get fired. unfortunately this win may very well have stuck us with the baffoon for at least one more yr.. I want to know where this Colts team has been all season. If they had played this hard all yr. they would have had 6-7 wins and there would have been no Luck debates for a couple months now. Why this team waited till week 15 to show up is beyond me.