Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So We Get No 1 Pick If We Lose Tonight?

18Manning

Colts will prob find a way to blow the number one pick.

Define "blow" the number one pick? Winning games? I'd like to know when that has ever been bad.

You guys are never happy. Getting to the playoffs was bad last year, because we should have taken the losses for better picks. Then we hate how bad our team is this year, but instead of drafting players who can make an immediate impact, we should draft a guy who won't contribute. Then when we start winning games, which is what this league is all about, we're "blowing" it.

U would rather be 3-13 and get an OL then in couple years manning is done and we have horrible seasons for a few years. Or actually get a positive out of this season and go 2-14 and get a franchise qb. Makes sense to me.

Define "blow" the number one pick? Winning games? I'd like to know when that has ever been bad.

You guys are never happy. Getting to the playoffs was bad last year, because we should have taken the losses for better picks. Then we hate how bad our team is this year, but instead of drafting players who can make an immediate impact, we should draft a guy who won't contribute. Then when we start winning games, which is what this league is all about, we're "blowing" it.

you know there is nothing to say that if we don't have the top pick that we might not still take a QB. It just probably wont be Luck. Also if the Vikings and Rams get the top pick who both have young QBs who knows maybe we trade up to get Luck. Lots of unknowns to go before we know exactly what we are going to do.

Personally if we don't get the top pick and we don't take a QB I want the WR out of OK State to be our new number one WR or the CB out of LSU.

shut up... you make no sense.

Well, you can argue that this was a meaningless, if not stupid game to win. What benefits the franchise more over the next 5 years? Winning a game when you're already out of playoff contention, or getting the number one pick? The answer is very obvious

EDIT* I am still very glad that the Colts won, but the "win every game" argument does not weigh very heavily against solidifying the number 1 pick

I'm glad we won. I was happy to see Reggie make that final play and for the team to fight as hard as they did. HOWEVER, I would rather that we lost this game, clinched the 1st pick, and won every game next season with Manning. There was absolutely no point t win this game.

All those that say "I wan us to win no matter what," give it some thought. Tonight's loss hurt us more than it helped us. It may have cost us the first overall pick and perhaps made the FO think that there's not much wrong with the team, when we all know that there's plenty wrong with the team.

Thank you Santa for giving my Colts some of their dignity back.

I never thought I'd see the day where Colts fans were upset to see the Colts win. Straight up silly fans.

I agree.What a bunch of cry babies wanting a team to lose. This is not professional wrestling. These guys want to win,not throw games.

I agree.What a bunch of cry babies wanting a team to lose. This is not professional wrestling. These guys want to win,not throw games.

Yep I have to say what is getting lost in all of this is if this was Reggie's last game in Indy way to go out for Reggie! I am happy for him if nothing else because the dude has been nothing but a work horse for us for years.

I guarantee there are a good percentage of Colts fans with mixed feelings. I was saying to my wife when we were 10 yards and less than 2 minutes from winning the game, the next 10+ years of our Colts could be affected by this outcome. No one wants to lose. The players are all playing for their respective jobs, no one is asking them to throw a game. But, this win may have cost us a lot down the road. It feels good to win, but this win may come at a big cost.

Its hard to say it...... but we did not need to win this game, its a pointless win that could cost us for a long time to come. That said I dont blame any player, they just did there job. wow good feelings mixed with bad tonight and it makes me sick to think how much a win can cost you when its worth nothing at this point.

People saying we r crybabys or not real fans need to open their eyes. Do u want a franchise qb to come from this horrible season or not. Look what we r without manning. Do u want this to be the regular. Never root for them to lose but if they were to lose it wouldn't of bothered me.

Mixed feelings about this game. I understand some of the guys are playing for their jobs and basically auditioning for teams for next year, so they are doing their job and the current players are playing now and some will not be with the Colts next year. The organization can not take drastic noticeable measures to throw the game, but this could cost us Luck and a franchise QB for years to come. I personally want to draft Luck, and I know we can still get the #1 pick, but could have sealed it this game.