Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

They Will Pick A Qb First Round.

As much as most of you dont want to pick a QB first round but im sorry but i think it will happen. And this is why.

1. Mannings future is still uncertain. Polian, Irsay, and even Manning are not certain he will play.

2. Manning is old. Even if he does play we need a succssesor whether its RG3 or Luck i think they will go for him.

3. Polian said they can afford a QB. Polian said that they can afford Manning, Luck or RG3, and not lose competativeness.

4. Luck and RG3 would play with veteran QBs. Luck and RG3 said that they would be fine with a veteran QB even though they got drafted high. And Luck and Manning have ties.

5. Irsay just said on Thursday night football if there is an exceptional QB that is avaliable then they will pick him.

Im just saying i think it just ties all up.

If the Colts wrap up the 1st overall pick, It will be Luck. RG3 won't even be a consideration. Even if they mess up and lose out on the 1st pick, I still don't think they would take RG3. Despite what people think they know here, RG3 isn't the type QB the Colts would pick IMO unless they are considering changing their entire offense. I think they would wait and pick up Ryan Tannehill.

Losing out on the first pick isn't "messing up," as it means we're winning football games. That's all that matters. It matters more than getting Andrew Luck.

Also, why wouldn't RGIII be the type of QB they take? I mean, he's a passer, not a runner. I feel as though (and I hate to say this) people are assuming he's a running QB because he CAN run, and because of the color of his skin....

Losing out on the first pick isn't "messing up," as it means we're winning football games. That's all that matters. It matters more than getting Andrew Luck.

Also, why wouldn't RGIII be the type of QB they take? I mean, he's a passer, not a runner. I feel as though (and I hate to say this) people are assuming he's a running QB because he CAN run, and because of the color of his skin....

What's the beef with luck?

I completely agree everyone bashes on RG3 cause hes black and they think he has happy feet. Just cause hes dynamic and can run he is very picked on.

I couldnt have said this comment any better.

Let's get some opinions on Landry Jones. With Matt Barkley deciding to return for his senior season, it looks like Landry Jones is the #3 QB behind Luck and RG3 (according to Bucky Brooks article).

So what are the pro's and con's for Jones? Is he a day one starter? What kind of quarterback would he possibly be after 2 or 3 seasons as Mannings backup? Did Jones' reveal his true form after losing Ryan Broyles? Or was he just guilty of being too reliant on a sole receiver?

IMHO, if the Colts don't have #1 overall pick and draft Luck, they won't go QB in the first round. Because I don't think RGIII is worth the #2 or #3 overall pick. And Polian will not reach. I think they would go Justin Blackmon in the 1st round, then maybe a Ryan Tannehill in the 2nd or take a change on Kellen Moore in the 4th or 5th (not sure how far he will fall).

Polian will never reach for a player of need.

I think they Colts have to draft a QB to fit the system since they are committed to it. So a QB similar in abilities to Peyton Manning. I am not saying as good as Manning, but a smart, accurate, field general who passes accurately first and running is just a bonus.

So, for QBs on the Colts, I think it is Luck or bust in the first round.

Blackmon would make a ton of sense, when you consider that Wayne and Garcon are both free agents...and even though i think that Kalil will be a great LT, since Polian took two OTs in the first 2 rounds last year, i doubt he'll draft another one...we are in greater need of OGs, assuming Ijalana is healthy.

No beef with Luck, but winning is more important to the players and coaches than some college kid who's drawing comparisons to Matt Ryan. By association, we as fans support our players and should therefore support winning. So again, I ask, how is winning "messing up" in the NFL? Nothing bad has ever come from winning. If we are winning,we are doing more for the team than a college player will. Let the off season take care of itself when it gets here. Right now, we are in the regular season, not the off season.

People are acting as though Luck is a member of the Indianapolis Colts, or they looked into the future and saw that our only chance of having future success at all was by drafting Andrew Luck.

Who is comparing him to Matt Ryan? The comparison to Eli was maybe his father does what Archie did. And Matt Ryan is a pretty darn good qb. Ive heard him being compared to elway and manning. 2-14 and 3-13 doesn't mean anything. If Peyton isn't the same Peyton or gets hurt and luck is indeed what everybody thinks he will be u will be complaining the colts didn't get him. If that one extra win got us in the playoffs I'm all for it. Like I said I'm not rooting agsinst then just wouldn't be upset if they lost because for the FUTURE of the franchise it would be better. Gotta think long term.

If we do not get the #1 pick, and assuming Peyton finishes out his 4yrs that are left on the contract (and i think he will)...then we have to take an impact player with our first round pick...if we could take Blackmon in the first (all of our WRs besides Collie is a free agent this year) and then grab a QB like Tannehill or Foles a little later, i think that either of those guys could be very good after sitting a few years behind Peyton.

What we do with our own free agents will go a long way in determining who we draft...but i think its most likely that we re-sign Mathis and probably Garcon. Without Mathis, Freeney isnt as good...the old saying, "if you only have one good pass rusher, you have NO good pass rushers"....and Garcon is the much younger of the WRs.

And as good as Kalil is and will be, We already have Castonzo and Ijalana...we are in more need of an OG than another OT.

Anyhow, this is just my opinion, and i'm sure everyone will be eager to share their own between now and next season.

Let's get some opinions on Landry Jones. With Matt Barkley deciding to return for his senior season, it looks like Landry Jones is the #3 QB behind Luck and RG3 (according to Bucky Brooks article).

So what are the pro's and con's for Jones? Is he a day one starter? What kind of quarterback would he possibly be after 2 or 3 seasons as Mannings backup? Did Jones' reveal his true form after losing Ryan Broyles? Or was he just guilty of being too reliant on a sole receiver?

I dont think hes the smartest qb imo. Also has bad decison making at times...

So a QB similar in abilities to Peyton Manning. I am not saying as good as Manning, but a smart, accurate, field general who passes accurately first and running is just a bonus.

Lets see RG3 graduated from college in under 3 years. Smart? Check. He throws a beautiful deep ball, and usually hits his receivers in stride. Accurate? check. Undisputed leader of his team. Field General? check. Then he has the ability to escape sacks and make plays with his legs. Running ability? check.

huh. sounds like RG3 fits your description of what the colts need for a QB.