Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kelcy Quarles

krunk

I think effort and stamina are his issues, He has some talent though, Im holding out some hope he sticks, If Okine and Conway can do in TC and in the preseason what they did on tape I could see them beating Quarles out along with the addition of a draft pick at the position

He dominated for South Carolina his last year when Clowney was getting doubled.  He also got doubled too when he began to get rolling.

I liked watching him in college.  He has OTAs, Training camp, and many practices to make his career happen.  Maybe a few more biscuits for breakfast too :)

I'm not sure why anyone would think of Quarles as "undersized"....

He's 6'4" and 295-300.

RJF was 6'3" and 295-300.

I don't see a problem here.......

not that I think he is undersized BUT.... using a guy that we just cut from the roster really isnt a good example of why he isn't undersized.

I think the coaching staff feels more confident in Quarles and Kerr than most fans do. Along with Jones, Langford, Champman, and Hughes - I believe we're only 1 good defensive lineman away from being solid in the trenches. 

I like what I saw from Kerr. I think he hit the rookie wall but he should be better this year. I am really anxious to see what Quarles can do. He is quick off the ball. I think he can be the pass rusher on the D Line we have been looking for.

I totally agree we are one guy away from being pretty solid in the trenches. Hopefully one of those big bodies falls to us early in the draft.

It would be great if Quarles contributed this year, show some player development. I was excited when we signed him away from NE's PS. He was a guy I was hoping for as an UDFA. He needed work against the run.

I think part of the reason he went undrafted was he was wanted for questioning in a nightclub fight right before the draft. He also needed work against the run and was seen as a situational pass rusher. He probably would have benefited from staying another year.

TMZ Sports has learned. Officials have confirmed ... 22-year-old Victor Hampton (cornerback) and 22-year-old Kelcy Quarles (defensive tackle) are "wanted for questioning at the very least" regarding an incident at Greenhouse nightclub on April 11. 

Both players were standouts at the University of South Carolina and have been projected to be 2nd or 3rd round draft picks. 

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/15/kelcy-quarles-victor-hampton-south-carolina-nfl-draft-prospects-under-investigation-nightclub-assault-case/#ixzz3WvYqlYKy

not that I think he is undersized BUT.... using a guy that we just cut from the roster really isnt a good example of why he isn't undersized.

I don't think he was cut because he was undersized.   I think he was cut because he under-performed expectations against what we were paying him.

There are plenty of examples of players who are 6'3" and 300 on rosters all over the NFL.

I like what I saw from Kerr. I think he hit the rookie wall but he should be better this year. I am really anxious to see what Quarles can do. He is quick off the ball. I think he can be the pass rusher on the D Line we have been looking for.

I totally agree we are one guy away from being pretty solid in the trenches. Hopefully one of those big bodies falls to us early in the draft.

It would be great if Quarles contributed this year, show some player development. I was excited when we signed him away from NE's PS. He was a guy I was hoping for as an UDFA. He needed work against the run.

I think part of the reason he went undrafted was he was wanted for questioning in a nightclub fight right before the draft. He also needed work against the run and was seen as a situational pass rusher. He probably would have benefited from staying another year.

TMZ Sports has learned. Officials have confirmed ... 22-year-old Victor Hampton (cornerback) and 22-year-old Kelcy Quarles (defensive tackle) are "wanted for questioning at the very least" regarding an incident at Greenhouse nightclub on April 11. 

Both players were standouts at the University of South Carolina and have been projected to be 2nd or 3rd round draft picks. 

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/15/kelcy-quarles-victor-hampton-south-carolina-nfl-draft-prospects-under-investigation-nightclub-assault-case/#ixzz3WvYqlYKy

That was last year apparently nothing come from it.

Wasn't he projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick at first last year?

Yup....

I don't think he fell as he did (I don't think he was drafted) due to ability.   I suspect he had numerous off the field character concerns.

NOTE:    Just double checked.    Quarles went undrafted and claimed by the NY Gaints.

Then waived and claimed by New England.

Then claimed by the Colts off New England's practice Squad.

Hopefully, he's got his stuff together and he can be a solid contributor for the Colts in the future.

• Signed by the Colts to a reserve/future contract on January 19, 2015.
  • Signed by the Colts to the practice squad on November 25, 2014.
  • Waived by the Colts on November 24, 2014.
  • Signed by the Colts from the New England Patriots practice squad on September 16, 2014.
  • Signed to the Patriots practice squad on September 6, 2014.
  • Waived by New England on September 3, 2014.
  • Claimed off waivers by the Patriots on August 31, 2014.
  • Released by the New York Giants on August 30, 2014.
  • Signed by the Giants as an undrafted free agent on May 12, 2014.

I'm not sure why anyone would think of Quarles as "undersized"....

He's 6'4" and 295-300.

RJF was 6'3" and 295-300.

I don't see a problem here.......

He looks like he moves that girth pretty darn good to me. With Trent Cole in the thick of things, I can promise you that Kelcy Quarles won't be taking plays off. Any dude that tackles a QB with his helmet flying off is awesome in my book. Nice!

I love him going after the RB too. We need that toughness against NE & LeGarrette Blount man. Sweet! 

Wasn't he projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick at first last year?

3-4 was the highest I saw, some said 5-6. Almost all said he needed to get in better shape.

I think he's one of those guys with a lot of talent but doesn't want to work to get better.

I don't think he was cut because he was undersized.   I think he was cut because he under-performed expectations against what we were paying him.

There are plenty of examples of players who are 6'3" and 300 on rosters all over the NFL.

Key word = think

Key word = think

OK...

Not sure what point you're trying to make....    but given that I was responding to people who thought he was cut due to his size and I was noting that there are plenty of players with his size playing in the NFL,  that my speculation seems to be more logical than the other....

You're free to THINK otherwise....

Don't know if I can blame him for not being in shape. A lot of questions have arisen lately about the conditioning of South Carolina players. Clowney was the biggest story but Quarles also seems to have some effort and fatigue issues. There are also the same questions being raised about Mike Davis' conditioning.

I just think S.Carolina isn't really a disciplined program and they give their players free reign after awhile. Whoever the strength and conditioning coach is probably needs to be fired though. Don't be surprised to see big coaching changes and headlines over there in the coming year.

OK...

Not sure what point you're trying to make....    but given that I was responding to people who thought he was cut due to his size and I was noting that there are plenty of players with his size playing in the NFL,  that my speculation seems to be more logical than the other....

if you think I don't think I can think what I want to think, then I think you should think about thinking more.

OK...

Plus, they signed him at that weight.

Don't know if I can blame him for not being in shape. A lot of questions have arisen lately about the conditioning of South Carolina players. Clowney was the biggest story but Quarles also seems to have some effort and fatigue issues. There are also the same questions being raised about Mike Davis' conditioning.

I just think S.Carolina isn't really a disciplined program and they give their players free reign after awhile. Whoever the strength and conditioning coach is probably needs to be fired though. Don't be surprised to see big coaching changes and headlines over there in the coming year.

That has been a big knock on most of the Gamecocks Alshon Clowney. It's why I'm so interested to see what Quarles can do this year. I think the potential is there for him to be a difference.maker up front.

Also the reason we can grab Davis in the 3rd maybe later but I wouldn't push it. He's a 3 down back really Gores mini me, I hope we land him. That's the back I want the most in this deaft

That has been a big knock on most of the Gamecocks Alshon Clowney. It's why I'm so interested to see what Quarles can do this year. I think the potential is there for him to be a difference.maker up front.

Also the reason we can grab Davis in the 3rd maybe later but I wouldn't push it. He's a 3 down back really Gores mini me, I hope we land him. That's the back I want the most in this deaft

Forgot about Alshon. But Quarles should be adjusted to the league know. This isn't college where they aren't going to have him keep his weight in check, and he'll have to do some cardio to work on his stamina. He'll also have to stay outta trouble.

I also think Davis will be sitting right there at the bottom of the 3rd for our pick. His production really dropped this season like with most of his teammates. But he's talented and he'll be on a tighter leash here. He would definitely benefit from getting to learn behind Gore for a few seasons.

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, April 14, 2015 - personal argument
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, April 14, 2015 - personal argument

Actually, what I said was 180 degrees opposite of that.     I said you're free to think whatever you want and I'm OK with that.

I don't know why you're baffled by it,  but you seem to be.    Just as you were baffled by my original post where I clearly used the word "think" twice and you felt the need to put it in red.

It felt like you're were looking to pick a fight.     Sorry,  but I'm not interested.....

are you really that dense??? lighten up man....  i was never baffled my friend.  you sir, are very lost though.  I made a very lighthearted comment that was actually a fact, though I completely understood the not underweight reasoning...  you just took it way too serious.

you then really read my post of "if you think I don't think I can think what I want to think, then I think you should think about thinking more." and responded to it as if I was serious???  like.... for real???  I made a Dr Seuss sentence that made no sense using the word "think" as many times as possible...and you respond with that??  like you really thought I said that in seriousness?!?!?!?   and you say I am the baffled one!! LOL

are you really that dense??? lighten up man....  i was never baffled my friend.  you sir, are very lost though.  I made a very lighthearted comment that was actually a fact, though I completely understood the not underweight reasoning...  you just took it way too serious.

you then really read my post of "if you think I don't think I can think what I want to think, then I think you should think about thinking more." and responded to it as if I was serious???  like.... for real???  I made a Dr Seuss sentence that made no sense using the word "think" as many times as possible...and you respond with that??  like you really thought I said that in seriousness?!?!?!?   and you say I am the baffled one!! LOL

I'm 58 years old.    My Dr. Suess days are way behind me.

Try taking ownership of the mess you make.   It's not always everyone's else's fault but yours when you're the one who started it.

Like I said,  it came across like you were trying to pick a fight,  and now it's coming across like you've got no responsibility for this.

Must be nice being you....

I'm 58 years old.    My Dr. Suess days are way behind me.

Try taking ownership of the mess you make.   It's not always everyone's else's fault but yours when you're the one who started it.

Like I said,  it came across like you were trying to pick a fight,  and now it's coming across like you've got no responsibility for this.

Must be nice being you....

LOL  really dude?  You are still trying to argue with me?!?!?  You are making yourself look a fool, AGAIN!!  just quit....   For real man, you are losing it.  

There is no mess to take ownership of.  

There is nothing to be anyone's fault.  Nothing was started.  

You said I came across like I was starting a fight, I wasn't.

I seem like I have no responsibility for this, because I don't      LOL    

It is pretty normal being me...you on the other hand.... seem to need to take a chill pill

LOL  really dude?  You are still trying to argue with me?!?!?  You are making yourself look a fool, AGAIN!!  just quit....   For real man, you are losing it.  

There is no mess to take ownership of.  

There is nothing to be anyone's fault.  Nothing was started.  

You said I came across like I was starting a fight, I wasn't.

I seem like I have no responsibility for this, because I don't      LOL    

It is pretty normal being me...you on the other hand.... seem to need to take a chill pill

I had a large number of posts to respond to this morning....    I saved yours for last.

It must be nice being you.    Nothing is ever your fault.    It's never your problem.    Nothing you do is ever wrong.

I wonder where everyone else goes to get such a good deal as that?

I hope you put me on ignore......   I wouldn't be upset if you and I just didn't exchange posts in the future....

{Snipped some content}

...  You never know what someone is truly mad about or what is going on in their life.  I apologize for giving you a rough time.

Have a wonderful day NewColtsFan and may the force be with you