Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Hope We Win Tonight...and We Will!

bap1331

1 more win and we 50/50 our chances of getting Luck.

2 more and we gaurantee a #2 or #3.

Rams opponents: Steelers, 49ers

both teams already clinched their playoff spots but even with their backups, those teams will win

Vikings opponents: Redskins, Bears

Redskins want to finish strong and Bears are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

Its Peytons team! Bringing Luck as backup will not help our cap space. Im tired of all this Luck nonsense.

both teams already clinched their playoff spots but even with their backups, those teams will win

Redskins want to finish strong and Bears are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

Its Peytons team! Bringing Luck as backup will not help our cap space. Im tired of all this Luck nonsense.

Do you not understand that , even if you don't want Luck, you should still want the 1st pick because of the ability to trade it for more picks?

The 1st pick means one of two things:

1- you get Luck and (if he is as good as advertised )be set at QB for the next 15 years

2-you trade for more draft picks and fill the multiple holes on this team that have been exposed this season.

This is similar to the reasoning of the guy who hopes he loses the lottery because he can't decide want he would do with the money :wall:

Do you not understand that , even if you don't want Luck, you should still want the 1st pick because of the ability to trade it for more picks?

The 1st pick means one of two things:

1- you get Luck and (if he is as good as advertised )be set at QB for the next 15 years

2-you trade for more draft picks and fill the multiple holes on this team that have been exposed this season.

Some people hate the idea of Luck so much they would rather the Colts tank the future just because they don't want Luck. Then again, there are so many Manning fans(not Colts fans) here, they don't care about what happens to the Colts after the Manning yrs.. I don't understand why those people just don't post on a Peyton Manning forum, im sure there is 1 or 2 somewhere, that way actual Colts fans can post about the Colts.

I am a Peyton fan but I am also a Colts fan. Like Ursay the draft will be what it will be.

I want to see my team win and let the chips fall where they may.

Luck may be the best thing since candy bars but if it comes down to a choice between getting a college qb and my team losing, you can bet I will take my team winning and worry about the future when it gets here.

I hope we lose so I can start rooting for my team again

This, but I feel by rooting for losing now means we root for more wins in the future. It's the sensible option, lose tonight and it'll be the last time I ever want to see us not win.

I root for my team win or lose. I'm guessing you didn't mean that the way it sounded or the way I interperped it.

If this is to me of course I'm not stopping rooting for Colts - if we went 0-16 ten seasons running I'd still be a Colts fan. I'm just saying that rooting for a loss today is, in my mind, better for the team's future. I'm not saying "lol if we do ^chiz^ I don't support them any more".

Personally I am pulling for my team because that's just the way I do it, I just can't bring myself to pull against the Colts.

With that said I completely understand where the people are coming from that want the first pick. Like someone else said it's pulling for them to get more wins in the future and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

It was not to you it was to SilentHill. Guess I should have used the quote button.

I understand the logic in the different viewpoints. I just personally can't do it.

I want to win every game. I guess I think more from the heart than the head sometimes. :)

I'm not saying anyone's viewpoint is wrong. It' just not mine.

The one thing we could accomplish this year is to make the playoffs that much more difficult for the Texans by beating them tonight. If I were a Texans fan, that would infuriate me.

Not to mention keep our streak alive of the Texans never winning here. If the Texans can't beat us this year at home when are they ever going to do it?

Some people hate the idea of Luck so much they would rather the Colts tank the future just because they don't want Luck. Then again, there are so many Manning fans(not Colts fans) here, they don't care about what happens to the Colts after the Manning yrs.. I don't understand why those people just don't post on a Peyton Manning forum, im sure there is 1 or 2 somewhere, that way actual Colts fans can post about the Colts.

Personally, I'm far more upset at the thought of someone who claims to be a Colts fan hoping their team loses for any reason. I can understand wanting that draft pick, but not actively rooting against your team to get it.

No, I don't want Leaf - excuse me - Luck. I see no reason to waste an opportunity to make the whole team better to pick up an untested rookie QB to play backup for Peyton. I would much rather they trade for more draft picks to build up the defense, o-line, etc. and maybe pick up another QB in a later round.

Yes, that means the 1st draft pick is important, but I'll take a win over a loss any day.

Personally, I'm far more disgusted at the thought of someone who claims to be a Colts fan hoping their team loses for any reason. I can understand wanting that draft pick, but not actively rooting against your team to get it.

No, I don't want Leaf - excuse me - Luck. I see no reason to waste an opportunity to make the whole team better to pick up an untested rookie QB to play backup for Peyton. I would much rather they trade for more draft picks to build up the defense, o-line, etc. and maybe pick up another QB in a later round.

Yes, that means the 1st draft pick is important, but I'll take a win over a loss any day.

Most people can accept both views. The point is that in not caring about a meaningless game, we have a chance to enhance our future by picking one of the most exciting prospects in a long time. I have this view and also respect the view of never wanting to see your team lose - as do a lot of people, and a lot of people have that other view but understand the other way.

He's unproven so calling him a bust already is further evidence of your opinion only.

WHY COLTS WHY

because these guys aren't going to tank for someone else because there is no promise they will be here next year with that other guy, now you can sulk and cry because they won a game or you can enjoy the fact that this team is playing hard and it sounds like we are getting good news about our franchise QB for next year and we had one heck of a send off if this Reggie's last game as a Colt in Indy.

We still have to beat the Jags next week before we completely blow the top pick. We all know that the defense plays differently on the road so who knows if that will happen. Right now enjoy the fact that for Christmas the Colts gave us two home wins in one week. Like Irsay said the draft will take care of it's self when it gets here.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, December 23, 2011 - ott
Hidden by Peytongirl, December 23, 2011 - ott

because these guys aren't going to tank for someone else because there is no promise they will be here next year with that other guy, now you can sulk and cry because they won a game or you can enjoy the fact that this team is playing hard and it sounds like we are getting good news about our franchise QB for next year and we had one heck of a send off if this Reggie's last game as a Colt in Indy.

We still have to beat the Jags next week before we completely blow the top pick. We all know that the defense plays differently on the road so who knows if that will happen. Right now enjoy the fact that for Christmas the Colts gave us two home wins in one week.

They are STUPID.... I am crying sulking and puking right now. that was horrible, why win a meaningless game and move down a spot in the draft. I don't get it. Worst Christmas ever.

They are STUPID.... I am crying sulking and puking right now. that was horrible, why win a meaningless game and move down a spot in the draft. I don't get it. Worst Christmas ever.

If you really mean that and the Colts maybe blowing the top pick really makes this the worst Christmas in your life I think it's worth saying you should really be grateful because if something happening with a sports team is really the worst thing in your life then that means your life is petty good.

If you really mean that and the Colts maybe blowing the top pick really makes this the worst Christmas in your life I think it's worth saying you should really be grateful because if something happening with a sports team is really the worst thing in your life then that means your life is petty good.

No arguments there.

but it saves caldwells job

He's unproven so calling him a bust already is further evidence of your opinion only.

'He's unproven.' Says it all in a nutshell. I'm not saying he's a bust already, but people are acting like he's a sure thing - just like they did with Leaf and how did that turn out?

As long as Peyton is playing why waste an opportunity to rebuild the TEAM by filling one POSITION with an 'unproven' player who may sit on the sidelines collecting dust for years to come?

you must also remember, the colts will lock up the 1st pick next week with a loss to the Jags, so in a away they still control their own destiny . . . also, i would guess if Min and Stl wins Sat, they get the pick . . . you can check me on these, but I think I am correct . ..

either way to the rest of colts nation congrats on the win . . .

'He's unproven.' Says it all in a nutshell. I'm not saying he's a bust already, but people are acting like he's a sure thing - just like they did with Leaf and how did that turn out?

As long as Peyton is playing why waste an opportunity to rebuild the TEAM by filling one POSITION with an 'unproven' player who may sit on the sidelines collecting dust for years to come?

Rodgers sat on the sideline and "collected dust". How did that turn out?

Looking at it another way, if you're going to say that we need to strengthen several other positions before we do QB - a very valid view - would having the number one pick go even further to enhance that? Think of the trade bounty you'd get for Andrew Luck!!

you must also remember, the colts will lock up the 1st pick next week with a loss to the Jags, so in a away they still control their own destiny . . . also, i would guess if Min and Stl wins Sat, they get the pick . . . you can check me on these, but I think I am correct . ..

you really think the Rams are going to beat the Steelers or 49ers? Well maybe the 49ers if they rest. The best way to get the top pick is to lose to the Jags next week which is very possiable, our defense plays very differently on the road.

neither team is gonna win. Rams are facing the Steelers. Their backups are JUST as good. Charlie Batch is probably the best backup in the league! Vikings will lose to the Redskins. Even though they are out, they still want to finish the season strong and Shanahan wants to keep his job...

neither team is gonna win. Rams are facing the Steelers. Their backups are JUST as good. Charlie Batch is probably the best backup in the league! Vikings will lose to the Redskins. Even though they are out, they still want to finish the season strong and Shanahan wants to keep his job...

Yeah but the VIkings also still have to play the Bears. I am not sure they can beat anyone right now. It's more realistic to see the Vikings win than the Rams though.

I'd rather this season coming out with a positive or negative outcome not rest of the arm of Blaine Gabbert,

Rodgers sat on the sideline and "collected dust". How did that turn out?

Looking at it another way, if you're going to say that we need to strengthen several other positions before we do QB - a very valid view - would having the number one pick go even further to enhance that? Think of the trade bounty you'd get for Andrew Luck!!

Rodgers didn't have the Colts' D, O line and ST issues to deal with.

Like I said, I don't have an issue with getting the pick and trading for more, what I have an issue with is rooting for your own team to lose under any circumstances.

Rodgers didn't have the Colts' D, O line and ST issues to deal with.

Like I said, I don't have an issue with getting the pick and trading for more, what I have an issue with is rooting for your own team to lose under any circumstances.

i can understand the people who wanted the first pick. I kinda watched the game and when something bad would happen woudl go oh well worst that can happy is that we get the first pick. I viewed it as we couldn't lose tonight and frankly made it more enjoyable. What I have an issue with are the people losing their minds because we won a game after the fan base has spent all year screaming for peoples heads because this team had too much talent to go winless and be in poistion for the top pick and now that those people have figured out how to win some games people are screaming at them for doing what they should have done all year.