Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tevin coleman ran 7 of his games with a broken foot

That gives him points for toughness, but brings questions about his durability.

Running on a broken foot is never good and seeing as how he couldn't workout at the combine, teams might be a little fearful. He has incredible talent but could end up like Ahmad Bradshaw.

Cronic foot issues could hurt him. Might be enough to push him down.

From the article I read it is bones in the big toe.  It's painful like a turf toe but won't heal until surgery.  The staff thought it was a turf toe until a few weeks later when they did an MRI and discovered the true problem.  While he suffered with the problem he didn't miss a single game or practice because of the injury.  It was determined that he couldn't damage it further so he chose to play with it.

Definitely can't knock him for his toughness. That would be a heck of a injury to have nagging you at that position. I doubt this is going to be a reoccuring problem with it being a bone issue rather than a soft tissue injury so I don't see the durability concern here. There is no doubt he can run after watching his film, but running like that on a broken toe most of the season that is pretty impressive.

That gives him points for toughness, but brings questions about his durability.

Running on a broken foot is never good and seeing as how he couldn't workout at the combine, teams might be a little fearful. He has incredible talent but could end up like Ahmad Bradshaw.

Cronic foot issues could hurt him. Might be enough to push him down.

I think you jumped to a number of conclusions.

1.  Why should it bring up any questions about his durability.    The guy played 7 games with a broken foot -- that sounds durable and tough to me.

2.  Unless he has a history of foot issues,  why could he end up like Ahmad Bradshaw.    That guy has a long history of foot and leg issues.    Coleman doesn't.

3.   What chronic issues?     Again,  no long history here.   As far as anyone knows this is his first serious foot injury.   Nothing chronic so far....

4.   I think the one thing that could push him down is that there are at least five other quality running backs who could go before or somewhere around him.     Gurley, Gordon, Abdullah, Ajayi, and Johnson.    That could push Coleman lower.

At this point, based on publicly known information,  there's no reason to assume any of the conclusions you've tossed around....

Serious feet injuries are worse than serious knee injuries.  Often they become long term problems.  He's a running back.  Tricky risk to take unless it is 3rd round or later.  Sure, he could never have another problem like anyone, but he's had a foot injury and the history is there.  In basketball (yes, I know, I know, different sport) a foot injury is almost always worse than a knee or other injury, especially on big men (see Kevin Durant).  

It might make him fall enough to fall in our lap, but be careful what you wish for.  Know Grigson, he LOVES to take risks on problem players, be it health or legalities.  

wow. he can run, I know people love him here because he is local for you but could he fall to 61

I doubt he falls to us in 2nd rd. BUT I SURE HOPE SO.

If Griggs really wants him specifically, instead of setting for another rb, he will probably have to move up to get him. It would probably be expensive to do so But this kid has the potential to be something special.

If Coleman nails the 40 in the low 4.4s and times well in cone drills and change of direction drills at his April 16th pro day....its a non-issue and we likely won't have a shot at him.

If he shows lingering effects of the broken toe...I'd prefer we tap one of the several other quality RBs in this draft.

If Coleman nails the 40 in the low 4.4s and times well in cone drills and change of direction drills at his April 16th pro day....its a non-issue and we likely won't have a shot at him.

If he shows lingering effects of the broken toe...I'd prefer we tap one of the several other quality RBs in this draft.

I expect him to hit as high as 4.3.  He runs about a 10.6 in the 100 meter dash so he's plenty fast.

I'm not sure why people think that its unlikely that Coleman falls to 61? There is a lot of talent in the defensive and offensive line in the draft this year. From the breakdowns that I have seen Coleman is about the 5th rated RB in this draft class. I really don't see 5 running backs being drafted in the first 61 picks. Thats just my opinion based on what I'm reading.