The CBs - Hub Post

Landon Collins, S, Alabama

Anthony Harris, S, Virginia

916105.jpg

Mock Draftable chart: http://mockdraftable.com/player/4941/position/22/

Games watched: vs Ohio State, vs Indiana, vs Temple

The Good:

Typical safety build. 6'1" 218 lbs.

Good tackler in confined spaces. It's when he has an opportunity to make a highlight play that he launches. 

Smooth athlete with turn and run ability. Looks natural in coverage. 

Good range and long-speed. Probably a 4.4 guy.

Offers versatility as a cornerback. Very good press ability when lined up as a corner. Halfway decent backpedal as well. 

Pretty good blitz ability. Actually beat a few tackles once or twice in the Temple game. He had 4 pressures total in that game alone. 

The Bad:

Launches himself at ball-carries and misses tackle or fails to bring them down. Aims high and bounces off of runners. He's not a hard-hitter. 

adrian

wat are u doing

adrian 

stahp

ex. http://zippy.gfycat.com/HomelySimpleIaerismetalmark.webm

Half of the time he looks like he has no idea how to play football when in run support. He just runs around wildly hoping to make a play. If i didn't know any better, I would think he was purposefully trying to avoid making tackles.  Doesn't even attempt to evade blocks and takes horrible angles to the football.

ex. http://fat.gfycat.com/WillingSelfassuredIraniangroundjay.webm

Late to react in coverage. Doesn't take chances. 

Awareness and football instincts are meh.  Can bite on mis-direction and play-action plays. 

Conclusion:

I wish they had more games on Amos, I don't think I got a good enough feel for him with the 3 games he on on DB. From what I did see, Amos is a solid coverage safety with the versatility to play corner in a pinch. He leaves a ton to be desired as an 8th defender in-the-box. He has a;ll of the tools to be a solid, yet unspectacular starter. 

Projected Round: 4th

NFL Comparison:  Rahim Moore, HOU

much more interested in Clayton Geathers out of UCF in the mid-late rounds if we can get him guy can hit and doesn't seem afraid to do so like some of these other safeties i seen. The more you research each individual safety prospect you see just how few look promising at alll

He only has 1 game on DB, so i don't have a lot to work with.

Your breakdown of Amos is pretty much just what I thought. Tackling technique is there, but he does stupid stuff sometimes. He also has explosive movement ability that shows up sometimes, but he's conservative. He has size though, and he can definitely cover. I feel like the angles and run support can be coached. He's new to playing safety, and hasn't had consistent time at the position, switching back and forth from safety the past two seasons.

He seems squeaky clean off the field.

I think the Texans will take him in the fourth if he's still there. O'Brien seems like a big fan.

• 3 weeks later...

Your breakdown of Amos is pretty much just what I thought. Tackling technique is there, but he does stupid stuff sometimes. He also has explosive movement ability that shows up sometimes, but he's conservative. He has size though, and he can definitely cover. I feel like the angles and run support can be coached. He's new to playing safety, and hasn't had consistent time at the position, switching back and forth from safety the past two seasons.

He seems squeaky clean off the field.

I think the Texans will take him in the fourth if he's still there. O'Brien seems like a big fan.

That would suck if the Texans took him, I'm hoping he's there for the Colts in the 4th. I'd like Geathers in the 5th. That would give us two guys to play their positions and even do the interchangeable thing at safety we like to do.

I'm not a tape watcher but my drive-by research abilities say he had pretty productive numbers in a good football conference, combined with good size.  I think the "pundit" draft projections had him in the 4-5 round range due to questions about his speed, but that was before he ran a sub 4.5 at his pro-day, I think.

I seems that a second tier grouping of safeties is starting to appear with Amos, DSmith, Shaw, Campbell; all kind of in the round 3 to 4 range.