Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

pagano

OLD FAN MAN

Need someone. Not calling for a coach change yet, but all 3 coaches seriously need to upgrade themselves

Be more creative and flexible. Thinking the same plan is gonna work every week is the reason we get blown out the way we do

Each time we face New England we played them the exact same way, it's honestly sad

only time we played them different was when Arians was OC and thus the result of us being in the game until late

You gotta be aggressive, and Pagano isn't that guy to preach that

Neither is Pep or Manusky

You don't seem to know what "aggressive" means.

No kidding!  We all like Coach Chuck...he 's a good guy...but he is not a tier 1 head coach.

I beg to differ, CanuckColt. Get your point, I do. However, Chuck Pagano IMO is a "tier 1 head coach" from a tactical point of view. Chuck does suffer from time to time with not imposing logistical will on his coordinators. I do believe judging from last year that the issue has already been corrected in his mind by the correlating statements he has mentioned from D & O lines. In addition to that, the meetings of FAs and Jimmy's statements point to it as well ... i.e. stopping the run, creating the run, and scheming.

By "turning Chuck loose", I think you'll see a more aggressive & priority geared head coach, IMO.

Need someone. Not calling for a coach change yet, but all 3 coaches seriously need to upgrade themselves

Be more creative and flexible. Thinking the same plan is gonna work every week is the reason we get blown out the way we do

Each time we face New England we played them the exact same way, it's honestly sad

only time we played them different was when Arians was OC and thus the result of us being in the game until late

You gotta be aggressive, and Pagano isn't that guy to preach that

Neither is Pep or Manusky

Yeah man, I miss Arians. I am just sick and tired of being ran over and dunk and dunked by Brady and co. I'm more confident in our pass rush, but we seriously need some guys up front who can stop the run.

People blame luck, but seriously. The guy never had a true running game behind him and an inconsistent line. He can't do it all himself, he needs help.

Yeah man, I miss Arians. I am just sick and tired of being ran over and dunk and dunked by Brady and co. I'm more confident in our pass rush, but we seriously need some guys up front who can stop the run.

People blame luck, but seriously. The guy never had a true running game behind him and an inconsistent line. He can't do it all himself, he needs help.

Yep, Luck has too much on his shoulders. I feel that's why he has those plays where he won't just throw it away but instead he throws a INT trying to make a play. Hopefully Frank can come in here and change that. Take the burden off Luck a bit

should the colts operate like the pats and have pags be head coach and gm? also what about head coach, gm and defensive coach all in one? it has worked for the pats.

Bill is not the DC, Matt Patricia is and he did an outstanding job this year with the defense.

Also, Bill is the GM but has always had player personnel guys help him, i.e. Scott Pioli, Nick Caserio. And the Pats have a very in-depth scouting department as well. Bill has final say but he is far from a one man show.

Also, in terms of Pags becoming GM, Belichick had the good fortune of becoming HC for the Pats after Parcells and Carroll both of whom wanted more control over personnel, especially Parcells. Kraft has often talked about his maturation as an owner when he brought Belichick aboard and allowed him to be GM and coach. So I think in some ways Bill benefited from that in addition to his own resume as a coordinator and a HC so he had earned that trust. I think Pags needs a few more years before he is given that type of control from any owner.