Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why would RGIII be a waste? He's the most accurate QB in college football this year (in terms of placement and percentage), and he's athletic to boot. He adds the extra dimension of being able to extend plays, or even threaten with the run, but is definitely a passer first. He also seems to have a tremendous upside.

RGIII would be no bigger a risk than Barkley, though it seems Barkley may stay at USC one more year. Even if he did declare, Barkley likely wouldn't be there at #5.

Besides, why does everyone assume that Cleveland is just SOOOO willing to make this trade? This is the 29837402384th thread on the same subject, where the OP starts out "hey, what if..." as though they've had a revelation.

Why would RGIII be a waste? He's the most accurate QB in college football this year (in terms of placement and percentage), and he's athletic to boot. He adds the extra dimension of being able to extend plays, or even threaten with the run, but is definitely a passer first. He also seems to have a tremendous upside.

RGIII would be no bigger a risk than Barkley, though it seems Barkley may stay at USC one more year. Even if he did declare, Barkley likely wouldn't be there at #5.

Besides, why does everyone assume that Cleveland is just SOOOO willing to make this trade? This is the 29837402384th thread on the same subject, where the OP starts out "hey, what if..." as though they've had a revelation.

Knowing little about RG3, I find myself being inclined to put him (as a passer) in the Graham Harrell/Colt Brennan/spread offense mold. Is that a fair comparison?

Knowing little about RG3, I find myself being inclined to put him (as a passer) in the Graham Harrell/Colt Brennan/spread offense mold. Is that a fair comparison?

I agree. If we end up drafting him, I would want a June Jones type brought in to be our offensive coordinator. I think it would suit him well!

As an "athletic, running QB", he also brings the added dimension (RGIII) of missing half of every season, as Vick does....Vick has played ONE full season, since his rookie year. Give me the great pocket passer, ala Brady and Manning over the "ability to extend the play" ala Vick and Roethlisberger every day of the week...especially on Sundays!

I'm more concerned about RGIII's height. I love the arm and speed, but short QB's get their passes knocked down a lot and it changes how he throws the ball.

As a mobile quarterback, that would be less of an issue. Balls normally get batted down when the QB is in the pocket. It happens a lot less often when the QB is moving.

Sometimes I wonder how many of you have actually watched Robert Griffin play....

As for his height. hes listed at 6-2. (same height as rodgers) I dont see that being too big of a problem. During the heisman presentation he was about 2 maybe 2.5 inches shorter than luck who is listed at 6-4. So that likely puts him no shorter that 6-1.5

Height isnt a huge concern.

He is not a "running qb" he is a pocket passer who can run. He plays like aaron rodgers on steroids, he can run. There are times he will run, but that isnt what he wants to do. It is a last resort. Not to mentino he has a Stronger arm and is a way better athlete. If he can put the rest of his game together he will be a stud.

Which is exaclty why the colts should draft him and let him sit for 2-3 years. Let him work on taking snaps from under center, his footwork, let him watch and learn from peyton. He has unbelievable upside.

As an "athletic, running QB", he also brings the added dimension (RGIII) of missing half of every season, as Vick does....Vick has played ONE full season, since his rookie year. Give me the great pocket passer, ala Brady and Manning over the "ability to extend the play" ala Vick and Roethlisberger every day of the week...especially on Sundays!

once again, you fail to make the most logical/accurate comparison to the way RG3 plays the game which is more like rodgers. Am I saying he will be as a good as rodgers? Maybe. I think he could be. I think he could be better. That is to be determined.

But seriously how many Baylor games did you watch? Comparing him to vick is way off because he is a much better passer than vick ever even dreamed of.

Comparing him to ben is also way off because he is much more mobile, athletic and frankly has a better feel for when he needs to get rid of the ball then ben.

People keep saying they dont want a guy who is athletic like its a bad thing. Its an added dimension. Not the main part of his game. Imagine how good peyton would be if he could scramble for 12-15 yards 1-2 times a game.

I can see why you would want to make that comparison. I think RG3 has a much much stronger arm than either of those guys. Also, a lot less talent to work with than graham harrell had, while playing better opponents than colt did.

He has a quick release, he has shown tremendous accuracy this year as well as tremendous decision making. To me I understand why someone might lean towards that type of comparison, but I dont think thats an accurate one.

Sometimes I wonder how many of you have actually watched Robert Griffin play....

As for his height. hes listed at 6-2. (same height as rodgers) I dont see that being too big of a problem. During the heisman presentation he was about 2 maybe 2.5 inches shorter than luck who is listed at 6-4. So that likely puts him no shorter that 6-1.5

Height isnt a huge concern.

He is not a "running qb" he is a pocket passer who can run. He plays like aaron rodgers on steroids, he can run. There are times he will run, but that isnt what he wants to do. It is a last resort. Not to mentino he has a Stronger arm and is a way better athlete. If he can put the rest of his game together he will be a stud.

Which is exaclty why the colts should draft him and let him sit for 2-3 years. Let him work on taking snaps from under center, his footwork, let him watch and learn from peyton. He has unbelievable upside.

I did not say he was a scrambler, I said he was mobile. Aaron Rodgers is a mobile quarterback. They have a playing style that keeps them moving, even though they stay behind the line of scrimmage. I did not say he looks to run as soon as he senses pressure. He moves around while keeping his focus down the field.