Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Scouting Profile: Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

I usally agree with you..... but disagree on this one

Vince Wilfork had ZERO sacks in 2014 and ZERO sacks in 2013

Ngota had TWO sacks in 2014 and ONE and a HALF Sack in 2013

Number of Sacks doesnt make a NT

I understand that.....

You also noticed that Wilfork and Ngata were either allowed to leave their franchises or were traded.

But that said,  I'm not talking about an NFL guy....   I'm talking about a college guy who the scouts I'm reading all says does not get much production for what he's capable of.   

ESPN, NFL.com and CBS Sports all says Davis has great talent but is capable of doing much more.

I know....   but he hasn't been 325 since roughly around birth.

He's much bigger than that.....   and has been for a long time...

lmao, I know.... I saw that.... I thought he was bigger than listed.........    Maybe the Texans cut one of his legs off

I know what he's listed at. If you think Vince Wilfork plays at 325 lbs I have a bridge to sell you. He's probably pushing 370. 

320 lb Carl Davis

carl%20davis%20iowa.jpg

"325 lb" Vince Wilfork

VinceWilforkJacksonvilleJaguarsvNewEngla

Dang...... pictures speak a 1000 words

You may be right.

However...........  How many 350lbs guys are really playing at a high level?

Many College lineman put on 10-15lbs quickly in the pros. 

If Carl puts on 15, he is 335..... thats a decent sized NT

Dang...... pictures speak a 1000 words

You may be right.

However...........  How many 350lbs guys are really playing at a high level?

Many College lineman put on 10-15lbs quickly in the pros. 

If Carl puts on 15, he is 335..... thats a decent sized NT

Hey, we drafted Chapman at 325 and he's put on at least 15 pounds and plays at a reported 340.

Honestly,  I'm not sure I buy that he's that light,  but I think he's way too heavy and I'd love to see him lose some serious tonnage.

Just click through this series of photos of Chapman.....    this is a big, big young man.   Too big for me.

http://www.colts.com/photos/photo-gallery/Player-Spotlight---JOSH-CHAPMAN/d4a692d8-0306-4464-8751-41cd0734e519

Hey, we drafted Chapman at 325 and he's put on at least 15 pounds and plays at a reported 340.

Honestly, I'm not sure I buy that he's that light, but I think he's way too heavy and I'd love to see him lose some serious tonnage.

Just click through this series of photos of Chapman..... this is a big, big young man. Too big for me.

http://www.colts.com/photos/photo-gallery/Player-Spotlight---JOSH-CHAPMAN/d4a692d8-0306-4464-8751-41cd0734e519

The problem though is that it's how Pagano likes em. He wants huge NTs.

But Davis could play DE for us and be a game wrecker. I personally don't like any player at more than 330 max. Any bigger and you're not going to be an effective player. You'll be slow and easily fatigued.

The problem though is that it's how Pagano likes em. He wants huge NTs.

But Davis could play DE for us and be a game wrecker. I personally don't like any player at more than 330 max. Any bigger and you're not going to be an effective player. You'll be slow and easily fatigued.

I think he would make an excellent DE in our scheme most definitely.  I feel pretty good in saying this is the guy the Colts should take if they take a DL early.

I think he would make an excellent DE in our scheme most definitely. I feel pretty good in saying this is the guy the Colts should take if they take a DL early.

He's also a very safe pick. Good character, no medical issues, high level of competition, versatile, and enough raw ability to see a decent amount of snaps his rookie year and win a starting job year 2.

I like him better than Goldman because he had position versatility. No player really had a ceiling like Armstead but Davis has a better floor.

I really like him as much as Jordan Phillips. I'd it came down to Davis, Phillips, and Armstead though, I'm not sure who'd I take

He's also a very safe pick. Good character, no medical issues, high level of competition, versatile, and enough raw ability to see a decent amount of snaps his rookie year and win a starting job year 2.

I like him better than Goldman because he had position versatility. No player really had a ceiling like Armstead but Davis has a better floor.

I really like him as much as Jordan Phillips. I'd it came down to Davis, Phillips, and Armstead though, I'm not sure who'd I take

If Davis is available I'm hoping that's who we go with when it's time at #29.  I'm real sure he'll be a good one for us.

<iframe width="675" height="550" src="http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=254296&gif=EnragedGraciousAquaticleech"frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Goldman is more then capable of playing in multiple positions and front on the D Line

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/eddie-goldman-vs-louisville-2014/

I don't know why the above GIF is glitch but it shows him in a 4 down lineman front...He got to the QB quick on the play just short of getting a sack