Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where Will Peyton Be Next Year?

BmoreColt

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Manning on the roster barring some form of restructure he is set to have a cap hit of 17 million.

If he is released barring some form of restructure his cap hit will be 10.6 million so a savings of 6.4 million.

What does 6.4 million buy us these days?

Does it pay off the collective tears of all the heartbroken colts fans?

Somewhat of a negative tie... Manning was the reason Harbaugh was shipped out of Indy.

haha that doesnt bode well for my San Fran argument, but consider Harbaugh could have an understanding of the feeling of being shipped out for a Rookie QB, and team up with the guy who replaced him, that eventually got replacement by the organization, as a way to stick it to the Colts... Like look, you got rid of me for Peyton, now your gonna get rid of Peyton for the kid I coached, I will show you what I can do with Peyton...almost as a way to get back at Indy and prove himself

What does 6.4 million buy us these days?

Does it pay off the collective tears of all the heartbroken colts fans?

To answer your second question first, no it doesn't.

Kerry Collins and Jerry Hughes total a 6.1 cap hit this season. Sorry if that is not exactly what you want to hear. You could structure a contract to get a solid player for that number.

Diem is 6.2

Dallas Clark 6.9 this year...

To answer your second question first, no it doesn't.

Kerry Collins and Jerry Hughes total a 6.1 cap hit this season. Sorry if that is not exactly what you want to hear. You could structure a contract to get a solid player for that number.

Diem is 6.2

Dallas Clark 6.9 this year...

Is that how much they would free up if they were to be released? All four of those names...

Possibly, but I think that is unlikely if the Colts decide to draft Luck..

Even if they draft Luck, if Manning is healthy he is our guy! Luck will sit for 2-4 years learning!

Though I hope if Manning is 100% good to go, I hope we dont draft Luck - this team has too many other holes that could be filled with that #1 pick and then next year if need be we could go after barkley or another qb and have all those great picks this upcoming year to boot!

Even if they draft Luck, if Manning is healthy he is our guy! Luck will sit for 2-4 years learning!

Though I hope if Manning is 100% good to go, I hope we dont draft Luck - this team has too many other holes that could be filled with that #1 pick and then next year if need be we could go after barkley or another qb and have all those great picks this upcoming year to boot!

How does that HELP fill the voids on the team?

Now this statement is something that just doesn't make sense! Are you advocating Luck isn't NFL ready and that he is a BUST like the other names? It doesn't make sense to draft a guy #1 overall to sit for four years! That is not improving this team, with many glaring holes!

No, my comment says, how do you know he will be a success....Manning has already proved even at 60%, he is probably better than most starting NFL QB's in the league. Sorry that you don't understand, just because they say he is NFL ready, doesn't mean he will be nor that he will succeed. People thought Cam would suck, but look at him today. He is doing very well. You just don't know who is really NFL ready and who will really be successful.

No, my comment says, how do you know he will be a success....Manning has already proved even at 60%, he is probably better than most starting NFL QB's in the league. Sorry that you don't understand, just because they say he is NFL ready, doesn't mean he will be nor that he will succeed. People thought Cam would suck, but look at him today. He is doing very well. You just don't know who is really NFL ready and who will really be successful.

I don't know if he will be a success, and I for one would rather the Colts trade the pick if Manning is healthy! Think you have me on the wrong side of the issue, I am not pro Luck.. I want Manning and the success of the Colts by trading the pick to improve the holes on the team!

I don't know if he will be a success, and I for one would rather the Colts trade the pick if Manning is healthy! Think you have me on the wrong side of the issue, I am not pro Luck.. I want Manning and the success of the Colts by trading the pick to improve the holes on the team!

Agreed! I just don't think that's what they'll do.

behind saturday's butt throwing a td to reggie while luck watches from the sidelines holding the clipboard

But how does Luck on the sideline improve the Colts? He has no impact for four years then! If that were the scenario wouldn't it make much more sense to get value for the Luck pick, Schefter said three frist rounds and two second round picks..and that there would be at least one team willing to do it! So wouldn't it make more sense if Manning was healthy to trade the pick get all that value, and still get a back-up!??

I believe Peyton Manning wants to stay as a Colts.

However for Peyton Manning's sake, after watching the 49ers defense with Steelers, if he goes there, they are winning 2 or 3 SBs. No question about it.

Agreed, that team would be soooo serious with Manning at the helm. If Manning were to leave, that is the place I would want him to go!

But how does Luck on the sideline improve the Colts? He has no impact for four years then! If that were the scenario wouldn't it make much more sense to get value for the Luck pick, Schefter said three frist rounds and two second round picks..and that there would be at least one team willing to do it! So wouldn't it make more sense if Manning was healthy to trade the pick get all that value, and still get a back-up!??

his value is in the future. do you want a season like this again?

his value is in the future. do you want a season like this again?

His value wouldn't be until when Peyton Manning retires, with the release of the article and statements made by Addai about Manning throwing and getting closer and closer to regaining full health, it should be obvious Manning will be playing next year. I see no reason why he wouldn't finish out his contract (4years) so how would Luck sitting 4 years be good for the Colts? The value Luck would bring could still land a top prospect next year's draft or the following, as Shefter thinks the value is 3 first round picks! He also said there will be a team interested in trading up for Luck..so Polian needs to get fired, and either De Costa from the Ravens or Ross from the Giants need to be brough in here as the GM! I think they would trade the pick and rebuild the team...

His value wouldn't be until when Peyton Manning retires, with the release of the article and statements made by Addai about Manning throwing and getting closer and closer to regaining full health, it should be obvious Manning will be playing next year. I see no reason why he wouldn't finish out his contract (4years) so how would Luck sitting 4 years be good for the Colts? The value Luck would bring could still land a top prospect next year's draft or the following, as Shefter thinks the value is 3 first round picks! He also said there will be a team interested in trading up for Luck..so Polian needs to get fired, and either De Costa from the Ravens or Ross from the Giants need to be brough in here as the GM! I think they would trade the pick and rebuild the team...

so by your logic you want the team to be good for 4 years instead of 12-15

Obviously you haven't been following what Polian has stated. He said that trading the pick isn't something he would likely consider. He said(and im paraphrasing) don't make financial sense.

Its also getting very annoying hearing from those who don't want Luck, say that they can't co-exist. Those who are saying that have no idea what you're talking about so just quit making stuff up.

I'm giving my opinion of what I think makes sense for the Colts and not what Polian is thinking and Peyton and Luck would not coexist for long. Your post is nonsensical. Obviously I was giving an opinion and not stating something that will not be determined for a long time as factual. Therefore, as most things posted on this forum, what I said is made up (an opinion).

If you are annoyed---GOOD. I sincerely hope I can continue to annoy you.

so by your logic you want the team to be good for 4 years instead of 12-15

Where is it writen in stone that Andrew Luck is going to be the next GREAT QB? That nobody exists outside of Luck? There are many young, talented QB's set to enter the draft, or will be out in a few years time, who have the ability to take over for Manning, and news flash, they aren't named Andrew Luck. I am saying if Peyton is healthy, which is looks better and better every week now, wasting a number one pick on a guy who is going to sit on the bench four years is not the best move for the Colts. Trading back would give extra picks to rebuild this team, fill the holes, to help over Peytons final years, and post Peyton! While still having 3 years of first round draft picks to possibly take the next heir apparent to the Colts!

Where is it writen in stone that Andrew Luck is going to be the next GREAT QB? That nobody exists outside of Luck? There are many young, talented QB's set to enter the draft, or will be out in a few years time, who have the ability to take over for Manning, and news flash, they aren't named Andrew Luck. I am saying if Peyton is healthy, which is looks better and better every week now, wasting a number one pick on a guy who is going to sit on the bench four years is not the best move for the Colts. Trading back would give extra picks to rebuild this team, fill the holes, to help over Peytons final years, and post Peyton! While still having 3 years of first round draft picks to possibly take the next heir apparent to the Colts!

but we wouldnt be in position to draft any of those up and coming young qbs like we are i this year

but we wouldnt be in position to draft any of those up and coming young qbs like we are i this year

It is said the Colts would get 3 first round picks and two second rounds picks...something like say Clevelands two frist round picks and their second this year, their first and second next year... Chances are the browns would have a top 10 pick next year as well... so there is your first round QB next year... or this year if they trade down with Cleveland and decide they need a QB, although they could probably trade back with Miami, Washington, Seattle, who would want Barkley/ Griffin... if either of these guys came out the Colts could draft one of them this year with the first pick the browns will have the 4-6 range! Or if they stay in school have a shot at one of them next year!

It is said the Colts would get 3 first round picks and two second rounds picks...something like say Clevelands two frist round picks and their second this year, their first and second next year... Chances are the browns would have a top 10 pick next year as well... so there is your first round QB next year... or this year if they trade down with Cleveland and decide they need a QB, although they could probably trade back with Miami, Washington, Seattle, who would want Barkley/ Griffin... if either of these guys came out the Colts could draft one of them this year with the first pick the browns will have the 4-6 range! Or if they stay in school have a shot at one of them next year!

i rather take a sure pick then hoping the browns have a sucky year. pats did the same thing with the raiders thinking they would get a top 5 pick and ended up picking 17th