Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where Will Peyton Be Next Year?

BmoreColt

With the release of the transcript from Polian's radio program, it seemed as if Polian intends to take Luck #1 and has no intention of trading down, as some of us (myself included) would have wanted. Polian also seemed to have doubts about Peyton being a Colt let alone playing football next year? Here is my question to you where will Peyton be next year? A Colt? Another team? Retired?

As I have been saying on many threads and I stand by this, I don't think Manning and Luck can coexist, I don't think it's advantageous to either one, their careers, or the Colts organization...Personally I think Manning will be a San Francisco 49er next year.. They have $17 Million free in cap space next year, and are only a QB away from being a DOMINANT football team... so if the Colts take Luck and Manning is back next year healthy.. Peyton Manning will be a :49ers:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harbaugh has been pretty adamant about keeping Alex Smith as his QB. I don't agree with him, but it's working for him. I only see this happening if they have a HUGE falling out (a playoff loss can do that though).

I do think that it would be nice to see Peyton go to such a good team. They would be MONSTERS!

Harbaugh has been pretty adamant about keeping Alex Smith as his QB. I don't agree with him, but it's working for him. I only see this happening if they have a HUGE falling out (a playoff loss can do that though).

I do think that it would be nice to see Peyton go to such a good team. They would be MONSTERS!

A Head Coach is going to sell his QB out when the team is winning the division and headed for the playoffs, but everybody including Harbaugh know Smith is a game manager at best, and when San Fran loses in the playoffs this year because they cannot score enough points to keep up with a Saints or Packers team, despite their defense holding these two teams to less than their normal point total.. it will be very clear that Smith who is a FA after this season is not the answer going forward!

The problem with this thread is you leave no room for the possibility of Luck and Manning on the Colts roster.

I don't see Luck or Manning playing for the 49ners next season. If the Colts trade down, it will be with a team that has a high pick(s).

The problem with this thread is you leave no room for the possibility of Luck and Manning on the Colts roster.

I don't see Luck or Manning playing for the 49ners next season. If the Colts trade down, it will be with a team that has a high pick(s).

I believe his premise is that the colts will draft Luck, and Peyton will be released to avoid his cap hit. He is asking for hypotheses as to where Peyton will end up.

I stated that I do not think they co-exist and presume Colts proceed with Luck and that leaves Manning as the odd man out.. therefore I have him being released and on San Fran..

I believe his premise is that the colts will draft Luck, and Peyton will be released to avoid his cap hit. He is asking for hypotheses as to where Peyton will end up.

That or he could still be under center for the Colts with Luck on the bench, or he could retired.... I said personally I think the Colts take Luck and that they cannot coexist so Manning will be elsewhere..

With the release of the transcript from Polian's radio program, it seemed as if Polian intends to take Luck #1 and has no intention of trading down, as some of us (myself included) would have wanted. Polian also seemed to have doubts about Peyton being a Colt let alone playing football next year? Here is my question to you where will Peyton be next year? A Colt? Another team? Retired?

As I have been saying on many threads and I stand by this, I don't think Manning and Luck can coexist, I don't think it's advantageous to either one, their careers, or the Colts organization...Personally I think Manning will be a San Francisco 49er next year.. They have $17 Million free in cap space next year, and are only a QB away from being a DOMINANT football team... so if the Colts take Luck and Manning is back next year healthy.. Peyton Manning will be a :49ers:

You are correct. The Colts have too many needs to keep Peyton and Luck. The best option would be to trade down and hopefully Peyton will be healthy and the 4 or 5 draft picks gained from trading down will pay off in a big way. The second option would be to trade PM, but he would not bring as much in return due to age.

As a Peyton fan first, I would like to see him go to SF, a good team in need of a SB-caliber QB.

The Colts would be the dumbest team in the league, if they just let Manning walk!!!! People saying he is going to be released is just stupid. Why in the world would you let a player like that, just walk to another team, when you have FULL control on whether he does or doesn't?

Manning and Luck can play on the same team. Saying they can't is once again, just something that doesn't make sense. Just because Luck is supposed to be NFL ready, does not mean he can play in the NFL. Wasn't Ryan Leaf going to be the big thing? Russell? Tim Couch? Where are these guys now?

You are correct. The Colts have too many needs to keep Peyton and Luck. The best option would be to trade down and hopefully Peyton will be healthy and the 4 or 5 draft picks gained from trading down will pay off in a big way. The second option would be to trade PM, but he would not bring as much in return due to age.

As a Peyton fan first, I would like to see him go to SF, a good team in need of a SB-caliber QB.

Obviously you haven't been following what Polian has stated. He said that trading the pick isn't something he would likely consider. He said(and im paraphrasing) don't make financial sense.

Its also getting very annoying hearing from those who don't want Luck, say that they can't co-exist. Those who are saying that have no idea what you're talking about so just quit making stuff up.

I want the trade down as well, but if Polian is GM it probably will not happen...I don't see a team trading for Manning knowing, the Colts will probably be going with Manning going forward, or releasing him in March..And I am a Peyton fan first, and I want him to win Super Bowls, imagine him on that team with that defense!

The Colts would be the dumbest team in the league, if they just let Manning walk!!!! People saying he is going to be released is just stupid. Why in the world would you let a player like that, just walk to another team, when you have FULL control on whether he does or doesn't?

Manning and Luck can play on the same team. Saying they can't is once again, just something that doesn't make sense. Just because Luck is supposed to be NFL ready, does not mean he can play in the NFL. Wasn't Ryan Leaf going to be the big thing? Russell? Tim Couch? Where are these guys now?

Now this statement is something that just doesn't make sense! Are you advocating Luck isn't NFL ready and that he is a BUST like the other names? It doesn't make sense to draft a guy #1 overall to sit for four years! That is not improving this team, with many glaring holes!

Obviously you haven't been following what Polian has stated. He said that trading the pick isn't something he would likely consider. He said(and im paraphrasing) don't make financial sense.

Its also getting very annoying hearing from those who don't want Luck, say that they can't co-exist. Those who are saying that have no idea what you're talking about so just quit making stuff up.

I agree that they CAN coexist (I am even one of the people wanting it to happen), but what people are asking is SHOULD they coexist? People are asking if it would benefit us more to try to trade back and use more picks on other positions. With either Luck or Peyton, we have the QB situation covered. Having both is overkill (in a good way?)...

Getting back to the question asked:

That or he could still be under center for the Colts with Luck on the bench, or he could retired.... I said personally I think the Colts take Luck and that they cannot coexist so Manning will be elsewhere..

I think a trade is out of the question (we could not get anyone to pay NEAR his value). Releasing him seems unlikely based on tweets and interviews, but I would see a bidding war between Miami, Washington, San Francisco, Cleveland and Seattle with Buffalo, Kansas City, Tampa Bay, New York Jets and Baltimore contacting his agent as well.

I still see him ending up a colt.

I want the trade down as well, but if Polian is GM it probably will not happen...I don't see a team trading for Manning knowing, the Colts will probably be going with Manning going forward, or releasing him in March..And I am a Peyton fan first, and I want him to win Super Bowls, imagine him on that team with that defense!

This is what bothers me beyond comprehension. You admit your all about Manning, which means you have no interest in the team after Manning is gone. I would have thought your user name would have suggested otherwise, but I guess not. I myself have an interest in the team no matter who is suiting up in the uniform.

I have a strong idea of what I am talking about, a team that has one win, with soo many holes, needs lots of improvement, how can they do this by using a pick on the position that is the most stable on their team if Manning is healthy? Your advocating Manning and Luck meaning Manning is healthy, so the contingency plan doesn't have to be a #1 overall pick wasted on a guy to sit for four years, the team can't improve when draft picks are sitting on the bench with value that could be traded for to bring players/ picks to the team to actually improve it! If Manning and Luck coexisting is something you and many others want... that means Manning is healthy, therefore your logic is flawed to think this team is better suited to have Luck wait around four years!

This is what bothers me beyond comprehension. You admit your all about Manning, which means you have no interest in the team after Manning is gone. I would have thought your user name would have suggested otherwise, but I guess not. I myself have an interest in the team no matter who is suiting up in the uniform.

I am from Baltimore hence Bmore.. and became a Colts fan when Peyton was brough to Indy. I want whats best for Indy and I personally think that is with Manning under center, and using Lucks value to rebuild the holes, whiel still getting his eventual replacement. If Manning were to retire or leave, how could anyone cheer for this poorly run organization? So they will get their act together when Peyton is gone, when they kept him from reaching his maximum status as the GOAT, because they refused to put an adequate team around him?

I agree.

Here is my question to you where will Peyton be next year? A Colt? Another team? Retired?

Try Reading.... The bottom half is my opinion only! The thread is open for opinion on having Luck and Manning, because in my opinion portion, which is the bottom half, I said I do not think they can co-exist!

I have a strong idea of what I am talking about, a team that has one win, with soo many holes, needs lots of improvement, how can they do this by using a pick on the position that is the most stable on their team if Manning is healthy? Your advocating Manning and Luck meaning Manning is healthy, so the contingency plan doesn't have to be a #1 overall pick wasted on a guy to sit for four years, the team can't improve when draft picks are sitting on the bench with value that could be traded for to bring players/ picks to the team to actually improve it! If Manning and Luck coexisting is something you and many others want... that means Manning is healthy, therefore your logic is flawed to think this team is better suited to have Luck wait around four years!

My logic is not flawed at all, in, fact, one could argue it is yours and others like you that is flawed. You keep saying that Luck will sit for 4 yrs. like it is an undisputable fact and nothing could be further from the truth. Nobody here has the ability to predict Mannings future health, despite the few here that think they are medical experts because they read an internet site about his surgery.

Your completely mis interpreting this thread..

I am from Baltimore hence Bmore.. and became a Colts fan when Peyton was brough to Indy. I want whats best for Indy and I personally think that is with Manning under center, and using Lucks value to rebuild the holes, whiel still getting his eventual replacement. If Manning were to retire or leave, how could anyone cheer for this poorly run organization? So they will get their act together when Peyton is gone, when they kept him from reaching his maximum status as the GOAT, because they refused to put an adequate team around him?

I have been a fan of this team since they rolled in on the Mayflower. I finally had a home town team to root for. They sucked for yrs. before Manning but I never waivered being a fan. If you want no part of the Colts after Manning is gone then more power to you, but don't come here pretending like you have the organizations best interest at heart when you openly admit you do not.

My logic is not flawed at all, in, fact, one could argue it is yours and others like you that is flawed. You keep saying that Luck will sit for 4 yrs. like it is an undisputable fact and nothing could be further from the truth. Nobody here has the ability to predict Mannings future health, despite the few here that think they are medical experts because they read an internet site about his surgery.

Two people can follow two differing logical progressions, reach two separate answers, and BOTH STILL BE RIGHT. It would be great to have a backup for Manning, yet it would also great to have better players AROUND Manning. You're BOTH right!

Now this statement is something that just doesn't make sense! Are you advocating Luck isn't NFL ready and that he is a BUST like the other names? It doesn't make sense to draft a guy #1 overall to sit for four years! That is not improving this team, with many glaring holes!

Well people assume that Luck would have sit four years but that is far from certain. In four years Peyton will be forty and Luck will be 26. By that point, fans might be clamoring for Luck to assume the reigns. I think if Manning is healthy he is the undisputed starter for probably 2 seasons. After that, all bets are off and the guy who gives us the best shot of winning should start. If that is still Peyton then cool. But if age and injury have conspired to diminish his skills to the point that Luck becomes the better option then that 4 year wait time will probably be shortened.

I am not prediciting Peyton's health.. what I am saying is IF he is healthy, and if the Colts take Luck, I do not believe they can co-exist, with all the flaws on the team! I am assuming he will be healthy.. no doubt if he isn't healthy take Luck. I am assuming he will be healthy, and the Colts will take Luck, therefore, I am saying he will be a 49er because I think he will be released, it is not good for the Colts to have a healthy Manning and Luck on the same roster.. too much money invested into one position, when there are holes on top of holes on the current team! Manning if healthy, has proven he doesn't take big shots, gets rid of the ball, and was the IRON MAN, possibly on the verge of reaching Favre's consecutive game streak. If Manning is healthy, then no doubt he will play out his contract, which would be 4 more years, so why is Luck on the bench for that time anywhere near improving the Colts??

Well people assume that Luck would have sit four years but that is far from certain. In four years Peyton will be forty and Luck will be 26. By that point, fans might be clamoring for Luck to assume the reigns. I think if Manning is healthy he is the undisputed starter for probably 2 seasons. After that, all bets are off and the guy who gives us the best shot of winning should start. If that is still Peyton then cool. But if age and injury have conspired to diminish his skills to the point that Luck becomes the better option then that 4 year wait time will probably be shortened.

We are also assuming that we will have a coach who can pick out whichever quarterback gives us the best chance to win...

Either he play and Luck learn from him for 2 years or he will be our OC that would be nice :)

This is what I want but I might be too hopeful.

I don't agree with the premise that PM and AL can't coexist but I agree that PM could not be traded and would have to be released.

The 49ners would be become arguably the best team in the NFL overnight and sounds like they would have the most to offer Manning as far as cap space, coaches, and teammates. The Dolphins probably have enough cap space but they have a chaotic front office.

This is what I want but I might be too hopeful.

I don't agree with the premise that PM and AL can't coexist but I agree that PM could not be traded and would have to be released.

The 49ners would be become arguably the best team in the NFL overnight and sounds like they would have the most to offer Manning as far as cap space, coaches, and teammates. The Dolphins probably have enough cap space but they have a chaotic front office.

I think thats what is very common, most are hopeful to have Peyton and Luck, but I think to improve the team, cap wise and talent wise, its one or the other! Especially if you want to win Super Bowls! There is no #1 pick in the NFL "QB" sitting under a high paid Veteran QB.. McNabb, Hassleback, way less than half of Peyton's contract! It's hard to put talent around a QB when he accounts for so much money, Irsay said in the offseason it was a cap friendly deal, to put enough talent around to be competitive, so with that same deal, add a rookie QB who isn't going to be playing...

Indianapolis. You're telling me they're gonna release PM? They would never do that, plus Irsay said he wants PM to retire a Colt.

Andy,

How many times has this been discussed and discussed.? Are you getting as tired of this that I am? I agree with your post by the way. haha

Does Manning have any ties to Harbaugh through the colts? Have they ever "hung out" or anything?

Other than both being Colts I am not sure, thats an interestign question... but Harbaugh could have Manning and groom Kapernick.. or another prospect, with the cap room they have, I think if he were to be released they would without question consider the possiblity!

Another question I have is: if we release Peyton, it is not adding talent to the roster. It is freeing up CAP for the roster, but our FO doesn't do much through free agency.

If we release Peyton, how much CAP would it free up and who could we get for that amount?

Another question I have is: if we release Peyton, it is not adding talent to the roster. It is freeing up CAP for the roster, but our FO doesn't do much through free agency.

If we release Peyton, how much CAP would it free up and who could we get for that amount?

With Manning on the roster barring some form of restructure he is set to have a cap hit of 17 million.

If he is released barring some form of restructure his cap hit will be 10.6 million so a savings of 6.4 million.