Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wilson's Contract

Gyan Rrigson

He said in a series of posts that Wilson wasn't all that good

I don't know why I am arguing somebody else's words, but no he didn't. All he said was that Tate and Harvin were good receivers and Wilson didn't play great in the Super Bowl.

I enjoy reading your posts very much. You love your team and your players but you give opposing teams and players credit when you feel it is deserved. I appreciate that and respect your take on all football-related matters.

I hope you will have a more favorable opinion of Teddy in the future. :P

i wasn't high on him surviving because of his slighter build...and playing outside in mines it's and Chicago (he struggled in Cincy in college) but he has always been a great leader and good kid so I'm pulling for him. He has the intangibles just wondering if he can stand up to the physicality...if so you got a good one! I know a team in Houston must be kicking themself they passed on him AND Carr in the second rd....well could have moved up too.

i wasn't high on him surviving because of his slighter build...and playing outside in mines it's and Chicago (he struggled in Cincy in college) but he has always been a great leader and good kid so I'm pulling for him. He has the intangibles just wondering if he can stand up to the physicality...if so you got a good one! I know a team in Houston must be kicking themself they passed on him AND Carr in the second rd....well could have moved up too.

Mike Zimmer wants Teddy to bulk up. Let's see what happens with that.

I do think if Wilson gets the biggest deal in the history than Luck can pretty much sit down and write whatever he desires on a piece of paper and the Colts need to pay it. Not that I think Luck will rake Indy over the coals but honestly there is just no comparison stats wise between the two and who is asked to do more and has done more ...

Well...    he's certainly not coming across as a big Wilson fan.    Not sure what you're reading that would give you that impression?

He's downplaying him in every post.     If he wants to say he's only good to very good, but not elite,  well,  he can say that...

Otherwise,  he's left himself open to misinterpretation....

I did call him a very good QB....in this thread....post #28

He said in a series of posts that Wilson wasn't all that good, and when I showed that Wilson had a very good line in the SB game, he sniffed that it came after the game was decided.    He went out of his way to dismiss Wilson's achievement.

I love my strawman's? 

To my knowledge,  this is the first time I've been accused of that.....

Well, none of that is true...except for the part where Wilson did most of his damage after the game was decided. It's true, but i wasn't judging his career based on that one performance.

Well, none of that is true...except for the part where Wilson did most of his damage after the game was decided. It's true, but i wasn't judging his career based on that one performance.

BOTT....

I don't think I handled myself very well in this thread.

I'm sorry.    My bad.

I'll try to do better in the future.....  

Wilson is a good quarterback, don't get me wrong, but I think he is overrated and is gonna get overpaid.

I'm going to be interested in seeing how he does now that he has Jimmy Graham.  He hasn't had any really good targets but now he has one in J Graham.  If he doesn't throw for at least 3000 yards I'm going to seriously question how good he really is without an elite defense and an elite RB.

I'm going to be interested in seeing how he does now that he has Jimmy Graham. He hasn't had any really good targets but now he has one in J Graham. If he doesn't throw for at least 3000 yards I'm going to seriously question how good he really is without an elite defense and an elite RB.

He has thrown for over 3000 yards all three years he has played

I think what will be interesting to watch with Wilson is to see if the last two post-season games of last year are an aberration or something that other teams will do to limit him. Both the Pakcers and Pats spied him with athletic LBs forcing him to stay in the pocket and make throws which resulted in 5 picks and many incompletions. I would expect other teams to employ this strategy and it will be up to Wilson to adjust his game. Eventually every single QB in the league has to be able to beat a defense with his arm from the pocket for continued success. We are seeing that with Newton and his progression and with Kaep as the niners continue to work with him. Wilson is next IMO.