Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign CB Deveron Carr

MTC

He recently participated in the Veteran Combine. 

Per Colts.com

The Indianapolis Colts today signed free agent cornerback Deveron Carr.

Carr, 5-11, 190 pounds, was a recent standout at the NFL Veteran Combine in Arizona on March 22. He was originally signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent on April 29, 2013. As a rookie in 2013, Carr appeared in nine games on special teams. He was then waived by the Buccaneers on August 26, 2014.

Carr started 34-of-42 career games at Arizona State (2008-2012) and finished with 86 tackles, 22 passes defensed, three fumble recoveries, 2.5 tackles for loss and two interceptions. As a senior in 2012, he earned All-Pac-12 honorable mention after starting all 13 games and recording 23 tackles, eight passes defensed, two fumble recoveries and an interception. Carr was part of a secondary that led the conference and ranked third in the nation in pass defense, allowing only 168.0 passing yards per game.

i like him i'm sure he and Sheldon Price (who i think has good potential) could fight to get the 4th and 5th CB spots I'm sure both

will be upgrades from Josh Gordy

I hope to see something from Price this year. He has the size speed long arms everything you look for hopefully 2 years on the PS pays some dividends.

I'd much rather see guys like this get a shot that have worked for it than the some of the questionable character issue guys we have brought in Purifoy and Rogers immediately come to mind

He had one KR at ASU for 17 yards. He did clock 4.37 40 pretty good size

Official time? Wow! Of course, we care more about how fast he can turn his hips and if he can pedal backwards.

I once did a 4.3 40... that old motorcycle had a good jump....

And Jamaal Anderson.

Apparently he and Mikel LeShoure looked good.  They were saying that the problem is that vet min for guys like that who would be backups is a lot more than for rookies or UDFAs.

I thought Anderson had a decent year for us but that was a while ago now.

Apparently he and Mikel LeShoure looked good.  They were saying that the problem is that vet min for guys like that who would be backups is a lot more than for rookies or UDFAs.

I thought Anderson had a decent year for us but that was a while ago now.

Yes he did...more of a 4-3 guy in size at 282.  Not really a fit unless he is ready to go 100% on passing downs.

I hope to see something from Price this year. He has the size speed long arms everything you look for hopefully 2 years on the PS pays some dividends.

I'd much rather see guys like this get a shot that have worked for it than the some of the questionable character issue guys we have brought in Purifoy and Rogers immediately come to mind

without a doubt couldn't agree more