Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts gain a 7th from Compensatory picks

RealityIsLuck

This is decent news that we got a 7th. I remember that we were supposed to get the bottom two 7ths in the projections, but if any team moved up it knocked us out. So any pick is good.

IMO, the best way to use this pick is to either 1.) Take the best player you wanted as a UDFA so you don't have to battle with other teams to sign him, or 2.) Sign a high risk/high reward guy that fell a round or two and hopefully get a bargain with a very low pick.

Thought we would get a 6th but that's okay! I'll take it!

Of course our arch enemies get a 3rd! (New England)

They lost Talib. And their best signing in 2014 was Revis, who had been released by the Bucs and didn't count in the comp picks formula. So they got the top comp pick. Makes sense.

They lost Talib. And their best signing in 2014 was Revis, who had been released by the Bucs and didn't count in the comp picks formula. So they got the top comp pick. Makes sense.

Yeah I understand! It's fair! Doesn't mean I like it! :)

It does not seem like we have a regular 7th rounder this year.

San Fran has our 7th for Cam Johnson.

We probably do not get a 7th from Dallas for Rayford...trade conditions not met.

So our only 7th is the comp.

I think we did meet the trade conditions for Rayford as he was one the roster for more than 5 weeks. Everywhere I've looked said we have 9 picks now which includes to 6th rounders and 2 7th rounders.

It's like we gained nothing.

You are completely missing the point. We didn't get a high pick or anything near it, but that's not why this is good. Grigson should use this to either 1.) Get his top UDFA or 2.) Take the best player available period that fell at any position during the draft (though this player may of fell due to character concerns or injury concerns, if he's a 4th or 5th round talent for example: take a shot). This pick will be used mainly to ensure that Grigson gets his top guy in the UDFA process without having to battle other teams for him. Just because you have a list doesn't mean you'll get all of them. It's a race to sign as many as possible, so lock up your top talent before the process begins. That's where this nifty pick comes in handy.  :thmup:

You are completely missing the point. We didn't get a high pick or anything near it, but that's not why this is good. Grigson should use this to either 1.) Get his top UDFA or 2.) Take the best player available period that fell at any position during the draft (though this player may of fell due to character concerns or injury concerns, if he's a 4th or 5th round talent for example: take a shot). This pick will be used mainly to ensure that Grigson gets his top guy in the UDFA process without having to battle other teams for him. Just because you have a list doesn't mean you'll get all of them. It's a race to sign as many as possible, so lock up your top talent before the process begins. That's where this nifty pick comes in handy.  :thmup:

255th pick, a half-irrelevant. We can get camp bodies, or perhaps trading up to early 7th round pick. I don't expect much out of it.

Im excited about a 7th rd pick. We did a great job last year for UDFA with Harrison, Kerr, McDonald, and Tipton. Purifoy would most likely be here also if not for his off the field issues. Urlick was drafted in the 7th rd and could be a solid OT backup coming back from injury this year.

Use it on Corey Grant the more I read the more I like this kid that 4.26 40 rumors of 4.1 on one stopwatch soft hands the scat back we need.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=107916&draftyear=2015&genpos=RB

He had a hard time seeing the field at Auburn, but he may be worth a later round pick.

Have you seen the article about the guys who've run the fastest times at the combine in the last few years?  Doesn't necessarily translate to football speed.  Or mean they're good players.

Don't know what you expected.. it's better than nothing.

It is somewhat better than nothing. I don't see its value right now... Yes perhaps e can fish out a guy with talent...and injury concerns or off-the-field issues. If we are lucky we can sniff out a talent what can help the team and makes the roster. Or we can trade up...if it is possible.

What the pick will turn out to be is the equivalent of the first UDFA pick. Whoever we have as our top UDFA, will likely be selected with that pick. It isn't much but a G.M. like Grigson is probably happy to have it. Maybe we'll use it on A.J. Johnson if the rape charges get dropped.

It is somewhat better than nothing. I don't see its value right now... Yes perhaps e can fish out a guy with talent...and injury concerns or off-the-field issues. If we are lucky we can sniff out a talent what can help the team and makes the roster. Or we can trade up...if it is possible.

We can't trade compensatory picks but at least we have a chance to get someone who can contribute. We didn't get anything last year.. that's the downside of being active in free agency.

He had a hard time seeing the field at Auburn, but he may be worth a later round pick.

Have you seen the article about the guys who've run the fastest times at the combine in the last few years? Doesn't necessarily translate to football speed. Or mean they're good players.

Here's the 11 fastest 40 the few players that the Raiders didn't draft did alright seriously Oakland drafted over half of them. I know Al Davis loved speed

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/11-fastest-40-yard-dashes-in-nfl-history.html/?a=viewall

Here's the 11 fastest 40 the few players that the Raiders didn't draft did alright seriously Oakland drafted over half of them. I know Al Davis loved speed

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/11-fastest-40-yard-dashes-in-nfl-history.html/?a=viewall

Poor Big Ben, he knew that every time they put Archer in the backfield he was going to get blitzed.  The guy couldn't block anyone and they roll over him and crush Ben.