Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Heard What We Have Been Waiting For: Arm Strength Is Improved!

Coltsagent

Two Things

1) You clearly don't pay close enough attention to Doogan. His sarcasm meter was pegged when he said that

2) The thing you are accusing him of doing is something that you have done yourself many times - Jacques McClendon says hello.

It's hard to be sarcastic over the internet. I don't know if he's serious or joking because he's usually serious.

My Jacques McClendon prediction was based on my analysis on him. I knew he wasn't a NFL guard. He was a backup at best. I didn't say that just to come back in the future to say "I told you so". When I made a thread saying I was right, I was immature doing that, but that's really the only time I've done that.

yeah, i said it. never claimed it was gone altogether, but he isn't among the best deep ball guys anymore. those years are gone. Brady/Brees/Rodgers all have a better deep ball that they go to more often than Peyton did in his last years.

I think that if Peyton had time for more than a 21/2 step drop, more passes would go deep. :hmm:

This is the first good news we have heard, in my opinion. It's always hard to evaluate if optimism is too much at play in the referenced articles, but this is so much better than hearing the same old tune from earlier.

I would bet the bank we will see some footage of him throwing and get it straight from his mouth as to his own self-assessment either just before or just after the draft.

I can virtually guarantee that he will be allowed to play next year, let's hope it's for us and at a quality level.

His longevity may not be favre-like from here, based on many issues but still a bit focused on his neck, but I have no doubt he will do everything he can to play until he no longer can... this year of forced sidelines will probably make him dread retirement.

Cool. In my opinion, though, we still want the first pick overall, and Luck will go first. The only question then becomes if we keep or trade that pick/player, given the trade value? Glad it's not my decision to make!

IMHO, the reason you don't see more deep balls is more to do with:

1) There has been little running attack, which allows defensive backs to play coverage instead of respecting run support.

2) Teams usually play the Colts in a deep zone coverage, to prevent big plays but allowing shorter passing.

3) Even though he has been sacked not very often, the offensive line is not pass blocking as they have in the past years so he doesn't have as much time.

I fully expect that next year, with a better running attack and the younger lineman getting more experience, you will see Manning airing it out a bit more long to Garcon. Also, since the Colts might end up with the #3 pick, I expect Justin Blackmon to be drafted. Polian said he wants young playmakers. Since Luck wouldn't be available and the Colts traditionally haven't put too much stock in keeping DBs, Blackmon makes the most sense to me.