Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Heard What We Have Been Waiting For: Arm Strength Is Improved!

Coltsagent

the deep ball has been almost non existent for the last couple of years, so i doubt that is ever coming back. but if he can throw 30 yards, maybe a few more, we can dink and dunk next year to a good record. :)

What? In Manning's last game he palyed in, are you forgetting about the deep ball to Garcon? Yeah take some YAC away from the throw but dink and dunk?

But remember, we need to face reality... He's done. He's going to retire, and we need to come to grips with that.

Well it is definitely encouraging to hear that Peyton is progressing but as we all know, he isn't out of the woods yet. Now whether or not some fans come to grips with the prospect that Peyton won't be here always is on them and affects no one but themselves. However, what is most important is that the Colts front office does not seem blind to this and continues to make preparations for life after Peyton.

I am hoping for Peyton's full recovery and want to see him standing over center for us next year and laughing & conversing with Luck on the sidelines between possessions.

What? In Manning's last game he palyed in, are you forgetting about the deep ball to Garcon? Yeah take some YAC away from the throw but dink and dunk?

yeah, i said it. never claimed it was gone altogether, but he isn't among the best deep ball guys anymore. those years are gone. Brady/Brees/Rodgers all have a better deep ball that they go to more often than Peyton did in his last years.

But remember, we need to face reality... He's done. He's going to retire, and we need to come to grips with that.

If he can play, why would he retire? Or are you just playing the...if this happens, I can come gloat here I told you all so and if he does come back and play, you hope it is forgotten and nobody will remember it?

yeah, i said it. never claimed it was gone altogether, but he isn't among the best deep ball guys anymore. those years are gone. Brady/Brees/Rodgers all have a better deep ball that they go to more often than Peyton did in his last years.

This is a true statement. The question is how much of that was a result of the pain and problems Peyton was experiencing and with the successful surgery and a potential full recovery could there be at least some improvement upon his deep ball.

I loved this comment by Jeff Saturday when asked about it. I thought it was funny .

"He's my guy. I love him, love playing with him," Saturday said. "It feels good to see him with pads on, cleats on, going under center, in the shotgun."

Any assessment on Manning's throwing?

"Ask him," Saturday replied, laughing. "Listen, the last thing I'm going to do is evaluate quarterback talent."

http://www.indystar....|IndyStar.com|s

Huh? If he was done, wanted to retire, he wouldn't be on the sidelines every sunday. He wouldn't be throwing the ball to receivers after practice. He wouldn't be on record saying he wanted to play the last game.

I think it's you that needs to face reality.

the deep ball has been almost non existent for the last couple of years, so i doubt that is ever coming back. but if he can throw 30 yards, maybe a few more, we can dink and dunk next year to a good record. :)

But I wonder if the deep ball has been gone the last couple of years because of his physical ability or because our O-line has sucked and he's not protected long enough for the receivers to get down the field. Just a thought...

I think he needs a :sarcasm: emoicon. :)

Well I knew exactly what he was doing there. But I am one who happens to still believe that some need to come to grips with the reality that Peyton won't be here forever hence my response. I am also in support of taking a quarterback in the draft regardless of Peyton's status.

Here is the article:

http://www.indystar....oking-long-term

To quote Polian:

"He can throw the ball with good velocity for about 30 to 35 throws in a limited area, 25-30 yards. Thats a lot better, almost 100% better, than he was in September, before he underwent the surgery".

This to me is an early Christimas present...he is coming back folks!

agent....If this is true...that seems like very good progress for throwing for about 2 weeks...

Its good news...really good news...

......I still bet he wants to put on Painter's jersey, grab a long-hair wig and play at Jacksonville..

I loved this comment by Jeff Saturday when asked about it. I thought it was funny .

"He's my guy. I love him, love playing with him," Saturday said. "It feels good to see him with pads on, cleats on, going under center, in the shotgun."

Any assessment on Manning's throwing?

"Ask him," Saturday replied, laughing. "Listen, the last thing I'm going to do is evaluate quarterback talent."

http://www.indystar....|IndyStar.com|s

It would have been really funny if he came down on Peyton hard. Something like "Peyton? I don't know, he's ok I guess. People say he knows how to throw a ball, but I'm not sold. He needs to show me more"

This is a big step towards returning to his old self. He needs to get that long ball accuracy back, because that was a big reason why he was so good in his prime/ mid 2000's. He's not retiring anytime soon (not within the next year). Like I said, big step!

He's motivated and ready to come back. He's working on his game and he's rehabbing nicely. PM wants to come back, he even said it himself. He's NOT retiring soon, and I only think your saying this so that if some horrible thing happens and he retires, you can just play the I told you so game...

Rarely do I say someone "deserves" something when it comes to sports, whether it be loyalty to a city, a super bowl etc. but if somewhat healthy, Manning deserves that 28mm. He made Irsay 10 times that over the past decade. If Peyton is playing football, it will be wit the Colts. Period. I can't believe it's even a topic of discussion. Ever. Makes my head hurt.

He's motivated and ready to come back. He's working on his game and he's rehabbing nicely. PM wants to come back, he even said it himself. He's NOT retiring soon, and I only think your saying this so that if some horrible thing happens and he retires, you can just play the I told you so game...

Two Things

1) You clearly don't pay close enough attention to Doogan. His sarcasm meter was pegged when he said that

2) The thing you are accusing him of doing is something that you have done yourself many times - Jacques McClendon says hello.

Well it is definitely encouraging to hear that Peyton is progressing but as we all know, he isn't out of the woods yet. Now whether or not some fans come to grips with the prospect that Peyton won't be here always is on them and affects no one but themselves. However, what is most important is that the Colts front office does not seem blind to this and continues to make preparations for life after Peyton.

I am hoping for Peyton's full recovery and want to see him standing over center for us next year and laughing & conversing with Luck on the sidelines between possessions.

It has nothing to do with accepting that he will EVENTUALLY retire. There are many around here who claim he is done now. They are telling everyone to accept that as reality.

The deep ball was missing because of the very pain he sought surgery for. That's been taken care of now. It's not like he was declining in ability and then got injured.

It has nothing to do with accepting that he will EVENTUALLY retire. There are many around here who claim he is done now. They are telling everyone to accept that as reality.

The deep ball was missing because of the very pain he sought surgery for. That's been taken care of now. It's not like he was declining in ability and then got injured.

In fact, last year may have been his best ever, leading a rag tag group of injury replacements into the playoffs. I honestly think that last year he should have been league mvp ... a fact shown as obvious by this year's Colts.

I remain optimistic about Manning being a top level qb for another 4 years. In saying that I don't think I am in denial, but rather, I have seen nothing to think that Manning is in decline. Sure, he was shelved this year due to surgery, but with it, he should be healthier, assuming all heals properly. A healthier Manning, if anything, should mean a better Manning as compared to his previous couple of pain filled years.

awesome thanks

It is...I think the key is, if it is true, the nerve is fine and the rest is conditioning. The nerve rejuvenation was always the scary part of this whole thing, so this is the best possible news we could hope for, if you are in the keep PM camp.

BBS @ Stampede Blue has backed Carroll as a reliable source on multiple occasions....one positive about BBS is his sources/views on them seem to be reliable. Fingers crossed...

Fair enough. Yeah...I wouldn't go that far with it either. I agree that right now no one really knows what the reality of Peyton's situation is. Continuing to hope & pray for the best though.