Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor Luck To Hire Condon As Agent

I heard on the radio today the rumor is that Luck is gong to hire Tom Condon as his agent. Most people know Condon's most famous client Peyton Manning. They were saying while Colts fans shouldn't get too excited because Condon repersents a lot of big name QBs in the NFL beyond Manning but this could be a good sign. They said having the same agent may help Manning and Luck co-exist in Indy as Condon can set Luck's contract and rework Manning's to make them fit assuming of course the Colts get the top pick and then take Luck.

I noticed a couple of articles saying it'll cause the agents to push for a Manning trade to secure Luck a starter's salary but would it? Surely that would require restructuring Manning's contract which would stop the agents getting a cut of that $20m+ bonus? Wouldn't they rather try to find an agreement between Peyton and Luck to work together?

I noticed a couple of articles saying it'll cause the agents to push for a Manning trade to secure Luck a starter's salary but would it? Surely that would require restructuring Manning's contract which would stop the agents getting a cut of that $20m+ bonus? Wouldn't they rather try to find an agreement between Peyton and Luck to work together?

If Manning receives his option bonus Condon gets paid. If Colts draft Luck, Condon gets paid. If Miami drafts Luck, Condon gets paid. If Manning is released and signs with the Jets, Condon gets paid.

From the agent's perspective obviously the most for Manning & Luck means the most $ for the agency.

I just find it impossible for Condon to be able to do the best for both of his clients when they might be competing. With the new Rookie Salary scale in the new CBA, if Luck is # 1 he's basically making the same whether he's in Indy, Miami, Cleveland or wherever. He will make the same if he plays as much as Cam Newton or if he sits the bench behind Manning.

It seems like a conflict of interests to me.

Was it a conflict of interest when Condon repersented Manning, Harrison, and Edge?

Agents very often repersent more than one player on a team.

I am sure if Luck's people had concerns about this they wouldn't hire Condon or if Manning felt Condon wasn't going to do what is right for him he would fire Condon and hire a new agent.

Was it a conflict of interest when Condon repersented Manning, Harrison, and Edge?

Agents very often repersent more than one player on a team.

I am sure if Luck's people had concerns about this they wouldn't hire Condon or if Manning felt Condon wasn't going to do what is right for him he would fire Condon and hire a new agent.

To an extent it was, but not as much since they are at different positions and different average salaries for those positions throughout the league. The good thing about it is that Luck's deal is going to be similar to what Newton signed to at Carolina. It will likely be slightly more. So it's not like it would be a Sam Bradford type deal which would likely make the conflict disappear all together since there is no way we could afford Luck(with a Bradford deal) & Manning at the same time.

I know Condon has a large agency and there will likely be different point people for each player, but it will be interesting.