Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign UDFA Demarco Cox

RockThatBlue

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grigson continuing to try & improve the offensive line. Even if this guy turns out to be nothing, can't take away the effort Grigson has been putting in for both lines on both sides of the ball his offseason from the moment the offseason clock started

:colts:

He'll gain weight.

But he shouldn't be 300 until next year.

He won't (or shouldn't) be 300 by camp.    That's too much weight way too fast.    It won't be good weight.

Feels like a candidate for the practice squad for 2 years...  or even three.    And that's fine.   As long as the kid wants to get better, he appears to have good tools to work with.

Good for Grigson.    Good for the Colts.     Like it!    :thmup:

He'll gain weight.

But he shouldn't be 300 until next year.

He won't (or shouldn't) be 300 by camp.    That's too much weight way too fast.    It won't be good weight.

Feels like a candidate for the practice squad for 2 years...  or even three.    And that's fine.   As long as the kid wants to get better, he appears to have good tools to work with.

Good for Grigson.    Good for the Colts.     Like it!    :thmup:

I see him fighting for a spot in the OL rotation not stuck on the PS with his prior Football Experience

This is the guy we need to block kicks :)

Seriously, There is not much to read about him online other than his college basketball days

Being too tall can be a deficit from some especially underweight ones. Their center of gravity is exploited and easily forced back, lets hope he is an exception

This is the guy we need to block kicks :)

Seriously, There is not much to read about him online other than his college basketball days

Being too tall can be a deficit from some especially underweight ones. Their center of gravity is exploited and easily forced back, lets hope he is an exception

His current weight is a bit misleading because he just finished the basketball season

Why do we keep signing basketball players? We signed Erik Swoope and last year he wasn't too great for us given the limited number of downs he played (Im probably wrong so correct me if I am)

Oh my bad, I didn't see that DeMarco Cox was a heavily recruited high school football player, my bad!

Why do we keep signing basketball players? We signed Erik Swoope and last year he wasn't too great for us given the limited number of downs he played (Im probably wrong so correct me if I am)

I see what you mean but to be honest I am waiting for more NFL teams to sign 6'2"-6'4" off guard small forwards to play corner in the NFL(ones who are strong and can defend anyways).  They are obviously atheltic and have good size, why not take a chance on them defending receivers?  Most of them probably aren't going to make it to the NBA.  I understand basketball is way different than football but I can see this happening in the future.

Because of guys like Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Joe Reitz, Julius Green and others everyone is trying it

I see what you mean but to be honest I am waiting for more NFL teams to sign 6'2"-6'4" off guard small forwards to play corner in the NFL(ones who are strong and can defend anyways). They are obviously atheltic and have good size, why not take a chance on them defending receivers? Most of them probably aren't going to make it to the NBA. I understand basketball is way different than football but I can see this happening in the future.

Most top level College PF/C types were also very good Football Receivers

Erik Swoope played zero downs for us last year, considering he was on the PS all year. So, I guess you're half right.