Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With rule changes, move the kicks back to the 30!

TubaGuy

Bring back the kick returns!!!  I don't know why they don't just go out and place the ball down at the 20.  I know they claim injuries are a big reason the moved the kickoffs to the 35, but injuries are a part of the game.  And these kickoffs are downright boring.  BRING BACK THE RETURN GAME!!!

Bring back the kick returns!!!  I don't know why they don't just go out and place the ball down at the 20.  I know they claim injuries are a big reason the moved the kickoffs to the 35, but injuries are a part of the game.  And these kickoffs are downright boring.  BRING BACK THE RETURN GAME!!!

Injuries are apart of the game, but the NFL is also now creating a culture where they are trying to prevent said injuries from occurring. They are being sued left and right and now want to make the game as safe as possible. 

Injuries are apart of the game, but the NFL is also now creating a culture where they are trying to prevent said injuries from occurring. They are being sued left and right and now want to make the game as safe as possible. 

Correct. I think there is plenty of opinion out there from people in the know who think that the kickoff will eventually be outlawed completely.

Why...so it can bounce off his facemask again?

if we have cribbs make them kick from our fifteen

I do believe all of his issues were on punt returns.  As best as I can recall, he was good at kick-off returns without any fumble issues or bad return decisions.

Why...so it can bounce off his facemask again?

LOL! I know it's wrong to laugh at that, but darn it, that was funny. Sorry Josh. My bad...Blame it on the sun dude. Oh, you wore a visor. Well, just say it wasn't thick or dark enough I guess. Just trying to help an INDY brother out man. It's who I am; It's what I do. SW1 is extremely loyal to the blue horseshoe man. 

If you want to eliminate them, then eliminate them.  Add an extra offensive play to the game after every score.  I'm not saying I want that.  I like kickoffs.  But the only drama now is whether the kicker will be able to drill it between the uprights from the tee.

As far as injuries, injuries are a part of the game.  Every player knows the risk.  If you don't want to take the chance of being injured, then don't play the game.  They had kick returns for how many decades before this??  C'mon, we're making the league more and more like flag football.  Bring the kickoffs back.  I know there is a chance of injury.  If they want to pay me the league minimum, I'll go out and run returns.

Wow, that would suck.... Opening kickoff is always a fun sight to see. would hate to see that taken away. 

Me too. I love seeing all the flash bulbs pop off during the start of the SB. It always gets my blood pumping.

Plus, how can the league call their sport football if they take this vital special teams play away? There's always field goals I know, but it reminds of that line in "Rambo III" starring Sly Stallone set in Afghanistan & released in 1988.

"What's football you play it with your foot?" "Not really."

LOL! I know it's wrong to laugh at that, but darn it, that was funny. Sorry Josh. My bad...Blame it on the sun dude. Oh, you wore a visor. Well, just say it wasn't thick or dark enough I guess. Just trying to help an INDY brother out man. It's who I am; It's what I do. SW1 is extremely loyal to the blue horseshoe man.

Couldn't resist

If you want to outlaw things to prevent injuries in football and actually get results, you should outlaw football. Now goodness knows I don't want that, but they'll eliminate injuries in football as soon as the eliminate wrecks in racing, or colds in snowball fights, or the sting your hand gets when somebody throws the baseball to hard (which is fatal).

I do believe all of his issues were on punt returns.  As best as I can recall, he was good at kick-off returns without any fumble issues or bad return decisions.

On every muff he made, there was at least a 2 on 1 blocking advantage for the colts, and his blockers let them through. 

I cannot understand why people aren't saying this enough, but those muffs were the fault of incredibly poor ST blocking. 

If you want to outlaw things to prevent injuries in football and actually get results, you should outlaw football. Now goodness knows I don't want that, but they'll eliminate injuries in football as soon as the eliminate wrecks in racing, or colds in snowball fights, or the sting your hand gets when somebody throws the baseball to hard (which is fatal).

They are not trying to eliminate injuries all together because the NFL knows that injuries comes with football and I think everyone with a rational thought knows that.  The NFL is just trying to reduce injuries and kick offs were a prime area for collisions and they took steps to help reduce the risk on the kickoffs.

The kickoffs are long gone and honestly now that it has been in place it does not really bother me that it is gone.  As a Colts fan, I could not care less about kickoffs because we have never been a good return team anyways.  haha

Bring back the kick returns!!! I don't know why they don't just go out and place the ball down at the 20. I know they claim injuries are a big reason the moved the kickoffs to the 35, but injuries are a part of the game. And these kickoffs are downright boring. BRING BACK THE RETURN GAME!!!

From what I see, kicking from the 35 can be very beneficial to the kicking team. Not because it will always be a touch back,but because if the kicker kicks it short, then the gunners can get there quicker and stuff them more often than not at or behind the 20. As long as the kicker high arcs it instead of a line drive.

They are not trying to eliminate injuries all together because the NFL knows that injuries comes with football and I think everyone with a rational thought knows that. The NFL is just trying to reduce injuries and kick offs were a prime area for collisions and they took steps to help reduce the risk on the kickoffs.

The kickoffs are long gone and honestly now that it has been in place it does not really bother me that it is gone. As a Colts fan, I could not care less about kickoffs because we have never been a good return team anyways. haha

Which is FATAL I said