Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sam Bradford To Titans?

krunk

Extremely solid? I don't know. I like Bradford myself but he's been quite average when he's not all banged up and injured. It's the Rams running game that almost made them go 8-8 in 2010. (The only season Bradford started every game) 

The thing I question about Bradford other than his tendency to get injured easily is that I don't recall him handling pressure in the pocket very well. Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, & Big Ben can make difficult throws with a LB, DE, or safety disrupting his throwing lane by either running, sliding their feet or making pinpoint passes with defenders around them. Sam not so much. 

I like him as a person, but as a QB, he almost needs a perfect pocket to have razor sharp accuracy though. Something most GMs or HCs can't guarantee in the NFL. JMO. 

The thing I question about Bradford other than his tendency to get injured easily is that I don't recall him handling pressure in the pocket very well. Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, & Big Ben can make difficult throws with a LB, DE, or safety disrupting his throwing lane by either running, sliding their feet or making pinpoint passes with defenders around them. Sam not so much. 

I like him as a person, but as a QB, he almost needs a perfect pocket to have razor sharp accuracy though. Something most GMs or HCs can't guarantee in the NFL. JMO. 

I think Bradford does really well throwing on the run and if you aren't careful he can take off. He also does a great job on his play-action which can buy him an extra second or two in the pocket. Unfortunately, his line oftentimes was poor and he faced a ridiculous amount of pressure that completely eliminated any space in the pocket, and when he got throws off, his poor receiving corps wouldn't make routine catches so instead the Rams relied upon the running game to try to move the ball.

Name one thing he has lied about, or that has changed soon after.

Kelly on Nick Foles last season after he got injured,

"I have great faith in Nick and I think he’s a hell of a quarterback," Kelly said. " ...I wish there was more people like Nick Foles in our lives.”

Kelly on Nick Foles last season after he got injured,

"I have great faith in Nick and I think he’s a hell of a quarterback," Kelly said. " ...I wish there was more people like Nick Foles in our lives.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Chip-Kelly-I-wish-there-was-more-people-like-Nick-Foles-in-our-lives.html

Where is the deception in that?

You believe Kelly's comments 100 percent genuine regarding Foles when just a few months later he traded him for another QB giving the other team a 2 and a 4 for their QB?

He can still think Nick is a good qb while thinking Bradford is better. He can think Foles is a great person, and still trade him. It happens all the time

Typically you have strong position when you position your opiion.  But this time, I think your memory might be failing you a bit.  Bradford was hugely accurate in Oklahoma.  in 2013, he was in the top tier (of 41 qualifying) QB's in throwing accuracy- which takes into account drops etc...  Foles in 2014 was in the bottom 10 of that same stat.  Chip Kelly knows Bradford played a somewhat similar style in Oklahoma and is looking for that accuracy in Philly.  His quote-

"I think he's got an outstanding skill set," Kelly said of Bradford. "He's a big, strong, physical quarterback. He's over 6-4, he's 240 pounds, he's smart, he's intelligent. He's one of the most accurate throwers when you see him throw the football. I think he's smart; I think he's wired right."

I have charts of Bradford and Foles, and Bradford is much more accurate between 0 - 10 yards, and the deep ball .  Foles is fair 0-10 yds and good on intermediate routes to the sideline. His deep ball, even with time, is horrendously inaccurate.  Bradford is fair.

Bradford issues in my opinion have to do with 3 offensive systems in his 1st 3 seasons, a woeful offensive line, and few weapons.  Th ACL tears.  There's my issue with Bradford, can he go 16 games healthy?  His arm is big league, his accuracy unquestionable, and his smarts documented.  the 3 OC's and 2 ACL's have put Bradford way late on the development train, though.  Beu believe me, if he doesn't see shadows from his rams pounding, that Philly line (one of the best in the NFL) will allow Bradford to regain confidence and showcase the skills he does possess.S

Sure, all QB's are less accurate under pressure, including the guys that can extend a play as you mention.  But I think Sam won't have a pressure issue nearly as bad as it was in St. Louis. And Bradford is back with his 1st year OC, when he won Offensive Rookie of Year. And Sam is accurate, known for it.  Kelly will give him the setup to showcase it.  But... will Bradfords legs hold up?  There's my hedge...